CA FS: New Soarer emblem and Grille

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15, 10:04 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FS: New Soarer emblem and Grille

Selling 3 items. A brand new Soarer emblem for a 02-05 SC430. In Japan, the SC430 was marketed as a Soarer which is badge with a luxurious Griffin emblem on the front grill for a more JDM look. This is brand new and only open for picture. Price: Soarer emblem is sold.

A new and use 02-05 grille. New grille: $200 Used grill: $75 shipped at buyer expense. the grill is dusty but in very good condition. I just didn't get a chance to clean it.

Last edited by Nat; 01-06-16 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-29-15, 09:57 PM
Buggeroff6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to tell if this version of emblem would work with the US grille if LEX icon were removed. I'm betting there'd be screw marks or posts the JDM one wouldn't be able to cover. Is THAT why you have the grille at all...I mean, it looks a little thinner and perhaps allows a tad more air through, but mehhh, even if it had leds behind it, I"m not sure it's the right kit.
I did buy the rear Soarer badge, which I somehow immediately think of as referent t0 Totoro, a Miyake Issayake character. It's kinid of lost in translation (heh-other movie) from Japan to US, but I put a bumpersticker of the flying creature on my back bumper...if you could mold a Totoro for the front grille, it would be so much cooler-the griffin figure is kinda mistakable for Peugot in this country, IMHO.
Happy new year though
P.S just for my future regrets, your emblem is one of a set of 3, none of which would look good against my indigo ink..does yours have a metal mount or base sticking out the back or is it totally flat? The latter would have me thinking of other places on the car to put it, but then I'd probably need two...and approach the necessity of having the gills on the side of a 70's Lincoln...Soarer MK 3?

Last edited by Buggeroff6; 12-29-15 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-30-15, 06:28 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Buggeroff6
Hard to tell if this version of emblem would work with the US grille if LEX icon were removed. I'm betting there'd be screw marks or posts the JDM one wouldn't be able to cover. Is THAT why you have the grille at all...I mean, it looks a little thinner and perhaps allows a tad more air through, but mehhh, even if it had leds behind it, I"m not sure it's the right kit.
I did buy the rear Soarer badge, which I somehow immediately think of as referent t0 Totoro, a Miyake Issayake character. It's kinid of lost in translation (heh-other movie) from Japan to US, but I put a bumpersticker of the flying creature on my back bumper...if you could mold a Totoro for the front grille, it would be so much cooler-the griffin figure is kinda mistakable for Peugot in this country, IMHO.
Happy new year though
P.S just for my future regrets, your emblem is one of a set of 3, none of which would look good against my indigo ink..does yours have a metal mount or base sticking out the back or is it totally flat? The latter would have me thinking of other places on the car to put it, but then I'd probably need two...and approach the necessity of having the gills on the side of a 70's Lincoln...Soarer MK 3?

I didn't use the new grille and the Soarer emblem because I did a 06+ conversion. These grille and emblem will only fit on a 02-05 grille. The Soare emblem has a metal mount that attach to the grille. Both grille in the picture are identical. If the Soarer emblem fit on the 06+ grille, I would not be selling them.
Old 01-09-16, 11:33 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Soarer front emblem on my 2004 SC. It requires a black plastic mounting piece that is s screwed to the grill the same way the OEM emblem is screwed in. I used the OEM grill but I used black plastic Dip then the Dulpicolor CF look paint kit on top. I also have the matching Soarer emblems on the steering wheel airbag and the back pieces behind the front head rests. In Japan, the SC430 was the Toyota Soarer so I took JDM and TRD as my theme.
Old 03-12-16, 01:58 AM
CAsc430
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Would that grill fit my 2004

Stock grill won't fit my v vision front bumper. Need to find something smaller

Christmasbailbonds@gmail.com

Originally Posted by Nat
Selling 3 items. A brand new Soarer emblem for a 02-05 SC430. In Japan, the SC430 was marketed as a Soarer which is badge with a luxurious Griffin emblem on the front grill for a more JDM look. This is brand new and only open for picture. Price: Soarer emblem is sold.

A new and use 02-05 grille. New grille: $200 Used grill: $75 shipped at buyer expense. the grill is dusty but in very good condition. I just didn't get a chance to clean it.