SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lexus sc430 Lights do not work. Heater fan does not work

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-21, 01:56 PM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus sc430 Lights do not work. Heater fan does not work

Hello I have a problem my Lexus sc430 2004.
I write about rear lamps The lights in the license plate and the fog and turn signals work. The problem is with the brake lights which in the ignition position ignite the candle all and after starting the engine only one brake light on the tailgate is lit. Position lights do not work at all. I also have another problem with the heater fan that does not want to work.When I change the fan mode from the glass to the legs and to others, you can hear that something is changing but the fan still does not want to turn on. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for my poor English. :kółko
Old 12-26-21, 03:39 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

I’m sorry for not quite comprehend your problems. Don’t know which light you have problem with. For your climate control, sound like you have problem with the modes not the fan. May be someone could understand better.
Old 12-27-21, 06:47 AM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

You can sprinkle something more about the repair climat control? I am constantly looking for a solution to the problem. As for the rear lights, when I start the car it only works 1/3 light brake . And when I put the key without firing it works 3/3 of the lights. Position lights do not work.
Old 12-27-21, 07:11 AM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Konrad12
You can sprinkle something more about the repair climat control? I am constantly looking for a solution to the problem. As for the rear lights, when I start the car it only works 1/3 light brake . And when I put the key without firing it works 3/3 of the lights. Position lights do not work.
Climate Control:
Does this mean the fan works, but the air flow does not change from defrost out, face out, and foot out (mode button presses)? Or, does it mean you hear a sound that might be doors moving between the outlets, but no fan blowing? And no fan blowing even if you manually change speed on the control panel?

If no fan, obviously check fuses. For my car there are two heater fuses, a 10amp and a 50 amp. I think the 50 amp provides electric to the motor. If all fuses check OK, then most likely fan motor has died. To verify, can you test voltage at battery when fan should be on?
Old 12-27-21, 07:17 AM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oneround
Climate Control:
Does this mean the fan works, but the air flow does not change from defrost out, face out, and foot out (mode button presses)? Or, does it mean you hear a sound that might be doors moving between the outlets, but no fan blowing? And no fan blowing even if you manually change speed on the control panel?

If no fan, obviously check fuses. For my car there are two heater fuses, a 10amp and a 50 amp. I think the 50 amp provides electric to the motor. If all fuses check OK, then most likely fan motor has died. To verify, can you test voltage at battery when fan should be on?
The fan does not want to turn on not changingly or what I click on climate control. I only hear that some flip-flops are closing/opening.
Old 12-27-21, 07:23 AM
oneround
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts

OK, so either the fan motor has died, or electric is not getting to fan (either bad fuse or bad wiring).
The following users liked this post:
Konrad12 (12-27-21)
Old 12-27-21, 01:47 PM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your help. Write in a week if it works.
Old 12-28-21, 09:06 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

So if I'm reading your light situation correctly, this is what you are experiencing:
  • With the engine off and the key in the ON position: all three lights in the rear (brakes) work
  • With the engine running and the key in the ON position: only one of the lights in the rear (brakes) work
Is that correct?

By three lights, are you referring to the brake lights, reverse lights and rear lights that come on when the headlights are turned on?
Old 12-28-21, 09:49 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

I’m still trying to understand “position lights do not work” . What do you mean by “position light” ? Do you mean third brake light (the one on the hood)?
Old 12-29-21, 01:21 PM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harold57
So if I'm reading your light situation correctly, this is what you are experiencing:
  • With the engine off and the key in the ON position: all three lights in the rear (brakes) work
  • With the engine running and the key in the ON position: only one of the lights in the rear (brakes) work
Is that correct?

By three lights, are you referring to the brake lights, reverse lights and rear lights that come on when the headlights are turned on?
That's what I meant.
Old 12-29-21, 01:29 PM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GmanSC
I’m still trying to understand “position lights do not work” . What do you mean by “position light” ? Do you mean third brake light (the one on the hood)?
I do not know what these lights are called in English but they have such a symbol.

Old 12-29-21, 01:31 PM
Konrad12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Harold57
Is that correct?

Do you have an idea how to solve this problem? I will add that the car was flooded so I replaced the fuses of the passenger and, the driver.
Old 12-29-21, 02:36 PM
doobs
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Flooded?

Run Forrest, run.

I cannot envisage even attempting to rectify issues with a car as complex as this one after it was flooded.

Pull every connector apart that was affected and clean out with contact cleaner. EVERY.CONNECTOR.

Good luck. You will probably need it.
The following users liked this post:
Wilson2000 (12-29-21)
Old 12-29-21, 03:08 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

I agree with Chris on flooded cars. You definitely have a dirty contact issue somewhere, unfortunately, I don't know where to point you.
Old 12-29-21, 03:11 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Oh, flooded huh. You will have more problems than your lights and your fan. As the corrosion progresses, you will experience more weird symptoms. I don’t know how you can clean all connections because many of them are hidden. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Lexus sc430 Lights do not work. Heater fan does not work