Notices
SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

subwoofer not working :(

Old 07-12-19, 08:32 AM
malema
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default subwoofer not working :(

Resolved. electrical tape over soldered connectors hinders the signal. Electric tape removed. works as normal.

Last edited by malema; 07-12-19 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-12-19, 09:40 AM
GmanSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by malema View Post
Resolved. electrical tape over soldered connectors hinders the signal. Electric tape removed. works as normal.
Doesn’t sound right. Must be something else.
Old 07-12-19, 11:32 AM
DshngDaryl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by GmanSC View Post
Doesn’t sound right. Must be something else.
I agree with Gman. There shouldn't have been tape over the solder. I guess you have a weak solder joint and someone put tape on it to try and hold it together. When you took the tape off, you jiggled the wires enough to make a good (but temporary) connection. One ride over a bumpy road and you might lose the sub again.
Old 07-12-19, 09:22 PM
malema
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^This is new sub. I soldered the wires and from habit(tape everything) put electrical tape over them preinstall. The soldered joints are very tight, I just shouldnt have taped them.

To be honest while installing front speakers, I noticed that it takes about 30 seconds for them to "sync" with the amp and start working properly. This mightve been happening with the Sub as well and once I turned the car off, took the tapes off and reinstalled it, it went to normal.

End of the day, Im not sure what happened but dont believe the sub will stop working, did lots of testing on it tbh but will report if it does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: subwoofer not working :(

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: