ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010-63/)
-   -   Phone Contact Transfer (MERGED THREAD) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/922101-phone-contact-transfer-merged-thread.html)

DJWLDW 07-03-19 07:26 AM

Phone Contact Transfer (MERGED THREAD)

Ok got the DW's Sansung S6 paired to both the LS & SC. I was trying to transfer her contact info into phone book 2 on the SC but have not been successful. It looks fairly straight forward. A: Select Phone. B: select which phonebook (2). C: Hit the start transfer button. The screen in the SC says check mobile device. What am I doin wrong. The phone is paired and selected? First smart phone (of which I hate) but Son and DIL thought Grandma needed one so she could keep in contact with her grandchildren (like her 15 year old Samsung flip phone did not allow her to stay in contact) They upgraded to Galaxey 8's and sent the DW one of their old S6's and moved her over to their plan seeing we are both on Verizon. So I saved $20 bucks a month and my phone bill is now $36 a month vs $56 so I guess it's not all bad!

Dennis

OBP 07-03-19 08:38 AM

Not sure of your exact Bluetooth configuration in your car but I have found as of 5 years ago, any smart phone that I tried to integrate with my car's Bluetooth has errors of some sort. The only phone that integrated fine was a Motorola Droid from 7 or8 years back. Current generation phones may not be fully compatible with our cars' antiquated Bluetooth.

iolmaster 07-03-19 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by DJWLDW (Post 10556575)
Ok got the DW's Sansung S6 paired to both the LS & SC. I was trying to transfer her contact info into phone book 2 on the SC but have not been successful. It looks fairly straight forward. A: Select Phone. B: select which phonebook (2). C: Hit the start transfer button. The screen in the SC says check mobile device. What am I doin wrong. The phone is paired and selected? First smart phone (of which I hate) but Son and DIL thought Grandma needed one so she could keep in contact with her grandchildren (like her 15 year old Samsung flip phone did not allow her to stay in contact) They upgraded to Galaxey 8's and sent the DW one of their old S6's and moved her over to their plan seeing we are both on Verizon. So I saved $20 bucks a month and my phone bill is now $36 a month vs $56 so I guess it's not all bad!

Dennis

I have had an S4 and an S8 paired with my 06 and have never been able to transfer contact lists. The phones work fine with the Bluetooth but I don't think many of the newer phone will fully integrate. I just manually enter the few contacts that I think I will need in the car and it works fine.

DJWLDW 07-03-19 10:53 AM

OBP/iolmaster

Thanks I thought it my be a Bluetooth issue. The phone paired fine in the SC it's a issue transferring the contact list into the phonebook.

Dennis

DJWLDW 07-03-19 03:17 PM

Ok I figured out how to transfer the DW's contact list off her Samsung S6 into phone book 2 in the SC. The S6 and the SC had already been paired yesterday.

1: Turned on the SC. Checked the Bluetooth on the S6 to make sure that Hands Free in the SC was showing up on the phone as connected. Moved SC out of the garage and out in front of the house so no interference from the LS
2: Hit the info button and selected the Telephone option
3: Hit settings and went down to Phone Book Selection: Selected Phone Book 2
4: Hit Start Transfer Data Button
5: Went to Contacts on the phone and hit the 3 little dots upper right
6: Menu pops up selected Share
7: Selected All
8: On the same menu page as share selected settings then
9 Next page showed Bluetooth hit that and the entire contact list transferred into Phone Book 2
10: Called the DW who had my phone in the house off the phone book and went right through.
BINGO

Dennis

DJWLDW 07-03-19 03:33 PM

Phone Contact Transfer I DID IT

I was able to transfer the contact list from Samsung S6 into Phone Book in the SC. See post 5 (above) on how to do it.

Dennis