SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Pioneer Radio Installation 2007 SC430

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-18, 11:13 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
Excellent documentation and photos....you’re making it much easier for others to follow in your footsteps!
thanks Bob, I do hope it helps someone down the road!

my next mod to the car will be the resonator removal. We did it to the 2002 and my wife wants it done to the 2007...she says it’s too quiet.

it also needs a new timing belt, water pump change due to time.

Old 05-27-18, 03:10 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Nice job BGW. This will definitely help if I wind up doing this also. Thanks! We now have both yours and Bob's instructions to work off of.
Old 05-27-18, 03:36 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Harold57
Nice job BGW. This will definitely help if I wind up doing this also. Thanks! We now have both yours and Bob's instructions to work off of.
thanks Harold! Bob did an excellent job with his install instructions!
I like this radio so much, I am going to replace the really old double din Pioneer in my Trans Am.

BTW, I successfully removed a pin from the connector to do the bypass which allows the NAV screen to show the alternate screen with parking brake off and car in motion.

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-27-18 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-27-18, 03:42 PM
rbarr4
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Couple of questions on your install?

I just completed the same install in my 2003 sc. How did you get the backup camera to output on the top screen? Mine only works on the pioneer.
I have the AVH 2300nex rather than the 2330. Not sure that makes a difference.

Second question, did you find an adapter for the windshield antenna plug to adapt to the Motorola?
Old 05-27-18, 06:06 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rbarr4
I just completed the same install in my 2003 sc. How did you get the backup camera to output on the top screen? Mine only works on the pioneer.
I have the AVH 2300nex rather than the 2330. Not sure that makes a difference.

Second question, did you find an adapter for the windshield antenna plug to adapt to the Motorola?
i looked but found no adapter for the small antenna plug on the windsheild...let me know if you find one.

i used a splitter for the video. Note post 11, I split the camera, one to the upper screen and one to the radio. The radio video output also went to the upper screen sharing a splitter.
Does that make sense?

Last edited by Bgw70; 05-28-18 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-27-18, 07:08 PM
rbarr4
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Couple of questions on your install?

Yep makes sense. I thought maybe there was a setting on the radio. 😊. I am going to continue to look for an adapter!

Thanks for the quick response!
Old 06-03-18, 12:37 PM
dwhee87
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New head unit install

Great thread and pics. I'm working on installing a Sony head unit in my SC430 2002. I'm down to two challenges...the wire that's supposed to hook up to the parking brake, and my power antenna hot.

I've located the parking brake wire....how the heck am I supposed to get up in there to make that connection? Is there anywhere else I can tap into that? Only ill effect I see at this point is that when I try to run Android Auto from my phone into the system, it tells my I must engage my parking brake.

On the power antenna, any ideas on where the hot wire is on the OEM wiring harness? Can I tap into the antenna fuse on the passenger side fuse box?

Looking for any ideas.
Thanks,
Old 06-03-18, 01:07 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dwhee87
Great thread and pics. I'm working on installing a Sony head unit in my SC430 2002. I'm down to two challenges...the wire that's supposed to hook up to the parking brake, and my power antenna hot.

I've located the parking brake wire....how the heck am I supposed to get up in there to make that connection? Is there anywhere else I can tap into that? Only ill effect I see at this point is that when I try to run Android Auto from my phone into the system, it tells my I must engage my parking brake.

On the power antenna, any ideas on where the hot wire is on the OEM wiring harness? Can I tap into the antenna fuse on the passenger side fuse box?

Looking for any ideas.
Thanks,
this thread will answer your question about the parking brake grounding.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...with-pics.html

post #5 will help you with the antenna signals.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...a-control.html

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-03-18 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-03-18, 05:13 PM
dwhee87
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70

this thread will answer your question about the parking brake grounding.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...with-pics.html

post #5 will help you with the antenna signals.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...a-control.html

Awesome, Thanks for the quick response. Smokey and the Bandit...nice!
Old 06-07-18, 07:13 AM
Garcon281
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I must say I enjoyed looking at the pictures and I am sure a lot of work was put into it. Very impressive project for sure... Job well done and thank you very much for sharing. I hate the old Lexus Audio system I have in my SC 430.

Now, I just need to find someone in Houston, TX who can do a similar install for me. I don't have the guts to take on such a project :-).
Old 06-07-18, 05:39 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Garcon281
Man, I must say I enjoyed looking at the pictures and I am sure a lot of work was put into it. Very impressive project for sure... Job well done and thank you very much for sharing. I hate the old Lexus Audio system I have in my SC 430.

Now, I just need to find someone in Houston, TX who can do a similar install for me. I don't have the guts to take on such a project :-).
Very flattering and I must say, at 53 it is a job.

For a 20 or 30 something, they could certainly do it in a day or less. The only problem would be if they did everything correctly...

locate a a reputable company and make sure they provide a decent warranty...let’s say 12 months on labor.
also, see if they will let you watch the installation. That way you can follow along with the installation instructions.

or, have them show you all of the connections per the instructions before they close everything up...as an installer, I would be good with this route because I don’t like anyone standing over me when I work on a car...

hope this helps...ask more questions.

Last edited by Bgw70; 06-08-18 at 08:04 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bgw70:
Garcon281 (06-08-18), RichardMor (10-31-18)
Old 06-08-18, 07:11 AM
Garcon281
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks BGW, I appreciate that. The key word there is "trust" that the shop will take care to put everything back the same way you would with your own car.

However, it's a risk I am going to take with it but will let you know how it goes once this is done. I spoke to a shop already and they seem to believe they can take on the project with me.
I will most likely be driving there a few times so I can see how things will be done. The pictures you posted definitely will help greatly in terms of being specific to what I need done .

For a long time, I thought it was impossible as I wanted to keep the overall integrity of the car to be kept if I got something like that done.

I am very excited I came across your post!

RG
Old 06-08-18, 08:56 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Impressive install and even more impressive documentation. Hopefully those pix are hosted somewhere where they will be accessible for years to come.

I couldn't help but notice the clock in the car and clock in the garage. You worked for a long time on this!!

Congrats!
Old 06-09-18, 04:35 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Impressive install and even more impressive documentation. Hopefully those pix are hosted somewhere where they will be accessible for years to come.

I couldn't help but notice the clock in the car and clock in the garage. You worked for a long time on this!!

Congrats!
thanks Johnny!
i worked on this install longer than the 2002...three separate days for a total of about 10 hours. I work slower these days and take more breaks.
Old 07-17-18, 10:31 PM
wsvc206
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Quick Reply: Pioneer Radio Installation 2007 SC430