SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 02 nylon cable length for antenna

Old 09-02-17, 11:56 AM
Summerfun7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 02 nylon cable length for antenna

hello to all, first post, just picked up a beautiful 02 sc430...love it, amazing...have a few things that need to do first and foremost is the prior owner (1 owner) just prior to selling drove car through carwash and bent the antenna. He removed it and tossed it. I picked up via flebay a replacement one and in reading the instructions it says to make sure the cable length of the one you remove is the same length as the one your installing. Evidently the generic replacement has a much longer cable than require and needs to be cut to correct length. In lieu of the fact that the first owner removed and tossed it I have no reference to use. So my question is how long is the stock nylon cable from a 02 sc430?

my other projects are replace the passenger big door speaker, already received one in the mail just need to remove the panel to swap, timing belt/water pump...lexus quoted me otd including tax for belt, pump, pulley, gaskets...blah, blah everything just under 1200 dollars..how does that sound from a cost stand point?

Thank you all in advance...
Old 09-02-17, 03:55 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum.....off the top of my head, I don't know the length of the factory antenna cable. I have replaced mine twice, but never measured mine, just was able to use the one I bought without an issue. The first time I replaced, I had to take the unit out & apart to replace with new one. The second time, I was able to do the radio method (push buttons) and it fed right in. Replacing the door speaker shouldn't be hard, since it will be plug/play, but I would keep the old one & repair with the foam kit....this way you will always have an extra, just in case you need to replace the other or perhaps this one again. $1200 isn't too bad for the dealership, you might try a independent Lexus shop or even a Toyota dealership to see if they can beat the price. I think most members that didn't use the Lexus dealership, spent in the neighborhood of $700-900....hope this helps some
Old 09-03-17, 09:02 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new (to you) acquisition.

Texsexlex pretty well nailed it on the recommendations. I also agree with keeping the old speaker and re-foaming it in preparation of the next failure. This being a 15 year old car, you can expect that and the ML speakers have a reputation for deteriorating foam.

It sounds like you have a good handle on things to deal with to take care of your investment. Convertible season is about to hit the high season (at least for us), enjoy!