SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Anything new for SUSPENSION?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-17, 02:58 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anything new for SUSPENSION?

I haven't been on this forum for a few years. Has there been any new products released for stiffening up our suspension? I need coilovers. Tien was popular here a few years ago. Anything better? Wanting to get sportier ride than what Tien provides.
Old 08-12-17, 10:58 AM
WORKD250
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My first pick were these but at the time I was in the market they were out of stock, theyre easily upgradable to air. theyre in stock now
https://store.partsshopmax.com/shop/LexusGS/Coilovers/COGS16XV.html

I ended up getting BC racing and I'm happy with them improved the floaty feel I had with the worn stock shocks, firm but not too firm.
Old 08-14-17, 02:57 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by WORKD250
My first pick were these but at the time I was in the market they were out of stock, theyre easily upgradable to air. theyre in stock now
https://store.partsshopmax.com/shop/.../COGS16XV.html

I ended up getting BC racing and I'm happy with them improved the floaty feel I had with the worn stock shocks, firm but not too firm.
Thanks. Would you say they are firmer than new (non-worn) stock shocks? I'm looking for definitely firmer shocks. About as firm as an IS300.
Old 08-15-17, 01:28 PM
NocGTR
Driver School Candidate

Got a set of MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers sitting in my garage now.
Just need to find sometime to put it on to get raid of the boat like handling.
Old 08-15-17, 02:30 PM
WORKD250
Driver

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
Thanks. Would you say they are firmer than new (non-worn) stock shocks? I'm looking for definitely firmer shocks. About as firm as an IS300.

I bought my car used but would have to say it is firmer than stock. It felt like a different car, not the floaty boat feel. I also had the Figs front refresh kit installed at the same time with the SPC adjustable arms.

I own a stock IS300 and its a bit firmer than that. If you do get the BR coils just know out of the box they slam the car I had the shop raise it so the fenders sit right above the tires and got the car aligned.
Also I left the damper right in the middle and havent touched them since.
Old 08-15-17, 07:57 PM
KingReyes
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you haven't done anything to the suspension, a simple strut tower brace and ISF rear sway bars could transform the SC430 less of a boat.
Old 08-15-17, 10:44 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....I've done new lowering springs & shock, but will agree with KingReyes......the ISF rear sway bar did wonders for the car, my wife even noticed the difference...lol
Old 09-09-17, 05:41 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the past I read that people were having issues with the ISF rear say bars. Had the issues been resolved, and if so where may I acquire one?
Old 09-09-17, 03:52 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark
In the past I read that people were having issues with the ISF rear say bars. Had the issues been resolved, and if so where may I acquire one?
...the issue that some had was with the end links, on the isf sway bar, they are shorter than the Sc's links. If your Sc isn't lowered, you should use your stock end links on the isf sway bar. If lowered, then use the isf end links....I would check the classified section for the Isf section, maybe someone has one for sale, if not, ebay or lexus might be the next best places to look
Old 09-11-17, 06:40 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by texsexlex
...the issue that some had was with the end links, on the isf sway bar, they are shorter than the Sc's links. If your Sc isn't lowered, you should use your stock end links on the isf sway bar. If lowered, then use the isf end links....I would check the classified section for the Isf section, maybe someone has one for sale, if not, ebay or lexus might be the next best places to look

Sorry about all these questions and my lack of knowedge in this matter. Does it matter which model ISF. for an 2005 SC430.
Old 09-11-17, 09:58 AM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark
Sorry about all these questions and my lack of knowedge in this matter. Does it matter which model ISF. for an 2005 SC430.
...now that part I don't remember....lol....I would do a search here or you might try pulling the part # for the sway bar & compare different years, if the #'s are the same, then it shouldn't matter
Old 09-17-17, 12:48 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 145 Posts

Interesting drive yesterday, at least to me.

i have been not happy with the slightly jarring ride on our low mile(25k) 08 pebble beach sc430.

drove from LA to Las Vegas on I15.

Seemed to notice that the shocks have "broken in' no one drove the car much in nine years.

second is that the shock valving on sharp bumps works way better if you go really fast.

hitting square edges at 60 is somewhat jarring even with excellent Michelin pilot super sport tires.

ah at 100 mph the combo works really well.

Crazy as it seems the shocks seem to be set up to go fast. Whether that will change as more miles are run up on the car is to be determined.

noticeably better at speed and/or with more miles.

was thinking about coilover replacements which was why I was testing the stock parts a bit longer
Old 09-17-17, 10:04 PM
WORKD250
Driver

I recommend going coilovers, the difference was night and day for me
Old 09-19-17, 10:24 AM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 384 Posts

So an ISF sway bar, is a Sway Bar off an Lexus IS F-Sport?
Old 09-19-17, 12:39 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Originally Posted by DashingDar
So an ISF sway bar, is a Sway Bar off an Lexus IS F-Sport?
,,,,,,,yes sir

Quick Reply: Anything new for SUSPENSION?