SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 07:02 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 854 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by DashingDar
I think it has to do with a switch in the passenger footwell. You can have two set of TPMS', one for Winter Tires and one for Summer tires. You use the switch to go from season to season.

I have never used it, so you probably want to do a search for" winter tires tpms" or something like that.
techstream will walk you through the process, just start the programming process and it tells you everything to do.
this applies to a first or second set.
Old 09-05-17, 10:06 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
techstream will walk you through the process, just start the programming process and it tells you everything to do.
this applies to a first or second set.
Just saw this post after making a comment in the other thread. Still hope you would be willing to detail how to add a second set of TPMS sensors in the other thread for the sake of completion. Hopefully. Thanks!
Old 09-05-17, 10:19 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by sippy2
I bought one....was told it would work on my windows seven machine. Sent with specific instructions on how to load software....how to bypass key. A lot of computer mumbo jumbo. I couldn't get it to work ......contacted seller in china...he was very helpful...he spent a couple of hours trying to get everything working...never did...he sent me another cable...I tried to load it...didn't work.I looked at buying a laptop at local comp store for $85....but decided to cut my losses and said F-it. I am retiring soon...so some day when I am bored I will try it again.

Hope your experience is better.
There are many Youtube tutorials. It works fine with W7 32 bit OS with any laptop with decent power. Mine is installed on Dell Lattitude with i7 cpu, 4 gb memory and 125GB SSD. I tried Notebook running on Intel N-series cpu which was too slow.
Old 09-06-17, 06:39 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Just saw this post after making a comment in the other thread. Still hope you would be willing to detail how to add a second set of TPMS sensors in the other thread for the sake of completion. Hopefully. Thanks!
i don't have a second set of sensors, I actually showed you the steps in a different thread a couple of years ago, I saw it last night when I did an advanced search, keyword tpms, user bgw70

again, the steps are exactly the same except you select 2nd set.

BTW, did you see the link I left you in the other thread I started?
Old 09-06-17, 10:28 AM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

I still had a problem with the techstream cable talking to my 07 SC. It's talked to my 07 Corolla just fine.
What's the different ?
Old 09-06-17, 12:39 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GmanSC
I still had a problem with the techstream cable talking to my 07 SC. It's talked to my 07 Corolla just fine.
What's the different ?
you would need to look up the type of bus on each system. I think your SC is the Can Bus, but don't quote me on that...
Old 09-07-17, 02:25 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
i don't have a second set of sensors, I actually showed you the steps in a different thread a couple of years ago, I saw it last night when I did an advanced search, keyword tpms, user bgw70

again, the steps are exactly the same except you select 2nd set.

BTW, did you see the link I left you in the other thread I started?
Yup, I did see it but I do have some fears of connecting the TechStream. In the back of my head, there's that "If it ain't broke..." saying. Right now, no problems. But would hate to have purchased this software and then find out it doesn't work when I need it to. Anyway, I think I'll give it a try in a week or so and use your advice. Got a lot on my plate at the moment.
Old 09-19-17, 11:24 AM
carlfordrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am new and looking to change some LPS on my 2007 rx400h. Which cable and software version works with them ?? I tried a couple of cables one from ebay and one from amazon and neither gave me the utility choice to change anything nor any way to install a different remote. The old way of opening the door and closing etc did not work for me either. I wasn't educated enough at the time to check for version and just sent them back. Now as I read more maybe I can do more. If you have any insight as to what will let me into my 07 400h please let me know and thanks for all of you that have posted for the rest of us. Carl ps I had no problem installing the drivers nor connecting to my car with either cable. Running win7 32bit recognized instantly and would open techstream just no utility choice to change things. I did read that there was a change to the Toyota mastertech around 06 but it looks like the techstream takeover was supposed to be backwards compatible ??? Thanks for looking.
Old 09-19-17, 01:04 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by carlfordrx
I am new and looking to change some LPS on my 2007 rx400h. Which cable and software version works with them ?? I tried a couple of cables one from ebay and one from amazon and neither gave me the utility choice to change anything nor any way to install a different remote. The old way of opening the door and closing etc did not work for me either. I wasn't educated enough at the time to check for version and just sent them back. Now as I read more maybe I can do more. If you have any insight as to what will let me into my 07 400h please let me know and thanks for all of you that have posted for the rest of us. Carl ps I had no problem installing the drivers nor connecting to my car with either cable. Running win7 32bit recognized instantly and would open techstream just no utility choice to change things. I did read that there was a change to the Toyota mastertech around 06 but it looks like the techstream takeover was supposed to be backwards compatible ??? Thanks for looking.
see post four above...this is the SC430 section which means I know nothing about your model Lexus.

BTW, welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 09-19-17, 07:37 PM
carlfordrx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Bgw70 for your reply. I had done a search for the title of this discussion "Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help" and did not specifically search for RX's or Sc's. I was not trying to hijack this thread so sorry if I stepped on any toes. Just trying to see what version of software and firmware will help me to learn how to make the changes that I would like to do. Thanks , Carl
Old 09-19-17, 08:20 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Thanks Bgw70 for your reply. I had done a search for the title of this discussion "Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help" and did not specifically search for RX's or Sc's. I was not trying to hijack this thread so sorry if I stepped on any toes. Just trying to see what version of software and firmware will help me to learn how to make the changes that I would like to do. Thanks , Carl
Actually Tech Stream we're getting from eBay, Amazon, etc. Cable is based on X-horse chip. When you get a copy it comes with f/w checking little program, I only used several different versions on '15 RX hybrid.
Old 09-19-17, 08:34 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

your not stepping on any toes! ;-). I just wish I could help more.
like I said, if the 2010 Camry and your car run the same bus type, the 2.0.4 cable firmware chip worked for me. Cable Firmware is they key.
dont worry about the software version as much.
Old 09-20-17, 12:30 PM
TominBoise
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know if this will help you but i bought my cable and software off amazon and the techstream software was 12.00.127 and i had the same problem. I did not have a customize or utility button to make changes. i downloaded firmware version 12.10.019 and installed it and that fixed my problem. I am not able to connect to my 08 lexus sc430 and 16 rx350 and have the customize and utility plus a couple of other buttons. Like I said not sure if this will help you with your 07 rx400h.
Old 09-20-17, 04:47 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TominBoise
I don't know if this will help you but i bought my cable and software off amazon and the techstream software was 12.00.127 and i had the same problem. I did not have a customize or utility button to make changes. i downloaded firmware version 12.10.019 and installed it and that fixed my problem. I am not able to connect to my 08 lexus sc430 and 16 rx350 and have the customize and utility plus a couple of other buttons. Like I said not sure if this will help you with your 07 rx400h.
Tom, I am guessing you downloaded a new version of software, not firmware, correct?
and I think you meant the software download now allows the cable to connect to your SC and RX, is that true?

do you know if you cable has firmware v1.4.1 or v2.0.4?
Old 09-20-17, 05:38 PM
carlfordrx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Tom and Bgw70 for your replies. Tom if and when you have time let Bgw and me know which cable version and the confirmation that you COULD get into your SC and RX. I know mine is older so there might be aproblem for me but this is a good start. Thanks to you both. Carl

Quick Reply: Techstream Cable Firmware Software Version Help