SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

If you purchased your SC430 recently, how much did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-17, 12:23 PM
scottywil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Fantastic. I thought I got a good deal on my 2004 with blown speakers at 10.5k!!
Old 10-27-17, 08:45 AM
joenvic
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year 2002
Miles 82,300
Price $12,150 (from private seller)
In extremely good condition (would consider "excellent" except for a few paint chips on hood).
Old 10-29-17, 08:12 AM
VortiSeas
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 sc 430

Purchased yesterday (dealer)
2006 75,000 miles Black/Ecru $17,500 + tax
One owner, maintained by Toyota dealer, new Michelin Pilot Sport run flats, clean carfax
Appointment with my mechanic tomorrow, fingers crossed!
Old 10-29-17, 08:49 PM
Meanshyguy
Driver

Just bought an 06 with 132k miles for 10,500, seems to have some PB parts but don't know if it's an original PB or not, runs like it should!
Old 11-04-17, 09:21 AM
SCCrystal
Driver School Candidate

1. 2006 55.9K miles
2. $24.3K (CA-owned; 1 previous owner)
Old 11-06-17, 08:25 AM
sheez1
Driver School Candidate

Default 2003 sc430

Hi,
I just received a silver/black interior 03 with 97k miles on it for my birthday in Oct. I paid 10k for it.
It was in good condition, timing belt and water pump already changed out. Newer brakes and tires.
Had considered an 06 with 55k miles for 7k more but, did not like the color as much as the silver.
Personal preference.
I am reading alot on here about upgrades and apart from replacing trunk support lifts I am wanting
to replace some of the bulbs.
I do have runflats (yuck) that came on it but since they only have 500 miles on them I cannot justify
replacing them since the cost for nonrunflats would run quite a bit.
Love this little sports car.
My husband and I are going through our second childhood and thoroughly enjoy this baby.
The one thing I would love to upgrade is the nav screen with something more relevant since
I use my cell for nav. Also, really need an upgrade the radio.
Any input is helpful.

Lynn
Old 11-06-17, 09:57 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 854 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by sheez1
Hi,
I just received a silver/black interior 03 with 97k miles on it for my birthday in Oct. I paid 10k for it.
It was in good condition, timing belt and water pump already changed out. Newer brakes and tires.
Had considered an 06 with 55k miles for 7k more but, did not like the color as much as the silver.
Personal preference.
I am reading alot on here about upgrades and apart from replacing trunk support lifts I am wanting
to replace some of the bulbs.
I do have runflats (yuck) that came on it but since they only have 500 miles on them I cannot justify
replacing them since the cost for nonrunflats would run quite a bit.
Love this little sports car.
My husband and I are going through our second childhood and thoroughly enjoy this baby.
The one thing I would love to upgrade is the nav screen with something more relevant since
I use my cell for nav. Also, really need an upgrade the radio.
Any input is helpful.

Lynn
Welcome to Club Lexus.
There is really nothing out there to upgrade the NAV screen, although some have installed the generation 4 NAV unit and the latest disk, I believe the NAV DVD is 2015 or 2016 and it is the last. you have the generation 2/3 unit.

there are options to install a device to allow the installation of a backup camera and aux port for video. I connected it to my aftermarket radio and my passenger can watch movies when we drive.

just do searches to find the info you want and if you need help let us know.

Last edited by Bgw70; 11-06-17 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-06-17, 01:29 PM
sheez1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much! I don't really want the nav screen. Was thinking backup camera movies but don't know if that is a route I
will go at this point. I am trying to figure out the options I have for just updating all the bulbs without starting a war on my
dash with the whole led problems. I saw a place where there are certain leds you can change without a problem and some
you cannot. Updating the other lights as well but there is so much info it kind of overwhelms me.

L
Old 11-06-17, 01:35 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 854 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by sheez1
Thanks so much! I don't really want the nav screen. Was thinking backup camera movies but don't know if that is a route I
will go at this point. I am trying to figure out the options I have for just updating all the bulbs without starting a war on my
dash with the whole led problems. I saw a place where there are certain leds you can change without a problem and some
you cannot. Updating the other lights as well but there is so much info it kind of overwhelms me.

L
use the “search this forum” button in the picture and it will allow you to only search on the SC430. Plenty of threads on LEDs.

Old 11-07-17, 09:42 AM
citieskid
Driver School Candidate

I bought mine a month ago with 145k miles for $8,700. Silver w/ black interior. Its not in perfect shape, but the major things are in good shape. Needed a little maintenance (timing belt + motor mounts) otherwise I absolutely love it!
Old 11-20-17, 06:08 AM
marvinl
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. I just purchased mine at $6,600.
1 Owner - 2000 SC 430. Good condition at 151,210 miles. Silver Two Tone Paint on Black Interior.
The original price at the dealer was $7500 but I was able to bring it down a little, plus its winter here and close to end of year. NY

Now I been trying to get one for two years now and finally have it, can someone tell me what its up with the paint job? Is this a special edition or custom paint? It feels & looks Authentic.
Also, why does mine have side "bars" where every sc 430 I see is solid? Are these things custom? The engine is smooth!

Thanks Guys.
Marv
Old 11-20-17, 06:25 AM
marvinl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NocGTR
Just bought mine, 2007 black on black with 99K on the clock for $13,500 + fees and tax.

The exterior is a little tatty and really need a freshen up, which is something I intend to do anyways.
But for now, just want to get the car to drive nice because it really handle like a boat.

Pretty happy with the deal, should be awesome once all the little bits get replaced.
Nice ride! I was looking for a Black or Red.. That looks smooth.
Old 11-20-17, 07:53 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by marvinl
Hello everyone. I just purchased mine at $6,600.
1 Owner - 2000 SC 430. Good condition at 151,210 miles. Silver Two Tone Paint on Black Interior.
The original price at the dealer was $7500 but I was able to bring it down a little, plus its winter here and close to end of year. NY

Now I been trying to get one for two years now and finally have it, can someone tell me what its up with the paint job? Is this a special edition or custom paint? It feels & looks Authentic.
Also, why does mine have side "bars" where every sc 430 I see is solid? Are these things custom? The engine is smooth!

Thanks Guys.
Marv
the tu-tone paint, the side molding, the stubby antenna, are all aftermarket. Nice deal on it, welcome.
Old 11-20-17, 09:01 AM
marvinl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Coleroad
the tu-tone paint, the side molding, the stubby antenna, are all aftermarket. Nice deal on it, welcome.
I see..
The side moldings and paint threw me off yesterday. I was confused for a while lol.
Thanks you for your insight. Now to add an alarm, Key Fob and ready to cruise..
Old 11-20-17, 03:32 PM
waxgelman
Driver School Candidate

Default 2002 Lexus SC430 purchase price

I bought my Silver Lex in February for $14k, 49500 miles. I am the 3rd owner, No wrecks. not many stone chips. Beautiful Chrome wheels have a little rust from road salt. I can't believe the previous owner did not wash off (near Cincinnati) . Replaced timing belt immediately along with tires and rear rotors. I just replaced 5 year old battery today. Wish I had a backup camera! I would love to hardwire a radar to the mirror . any help would be appreciated. its Silver with light cream interior. Traveled to the eclipse in August
Great eclipse

Quick Reply: If you purchased your SC430 recently, how much did you pay?