SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Who has the LOWEST MILEAGE SC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 01:43 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Who has the LOWEST MILEAGE SC?

Can anyone even come close to Mister Blister at 7603 miles?
Old 02-05-16, 01:45 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

LoL, mine is x10
Old 02-05-16, 03:55 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Ok lets see who can beat me . 2005 bought new in nov of 2004 paid 65,000
Old 02-05-16, 04:04 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Guy on our Miata forums, has a 2005 bought new with 430 miles.
He also has a 512 TR with 117 miles
and a 360 CS with 40 miles

Local in Los Angeles. He daily drives Miatas.
Old 02-05-16, 07:09 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Similar thread, many owners... https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...by-year-3.html

But as we have a new thread... 2002 bought in June 2002, 1st and only owner, 56k miles to date, used as my daily.
Old 02-05-16, 11:06 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know if that person is on this forum, but there was a 2007 Pebble Beach Edition with only 3000 miles for sale last year when I was in the market. The owner wanted $52K for it so I have to passed, but I believed it was the lowest that I've seen.
Old 02-06-16, 06:05 AM
2ksoftail
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Why buy a car and hang it on the wall? Anyone that does that will have a great conversation piece, but will have missed out on tons of fun!!!
Old 02-06-16, 07:12 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2ksoftail
Why buy a car and hang it on the wall? Anyone that does that will have a great conversation piece, but will have missed out on tons of fun!!!
I understand your comment but I don't think I could explain to you why some like myself have cars with low miles.
Old 02-06-16, 07:17 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ksoftail
I love my SC, but I don't cherish it. I totally understand a low-mileage SC; its worth cherishing.
Old 02-06-16, 07:25 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

I wouldn't go anywhere near an old car with very low miles even a lexus, cause it means it wasn't ever driven and if it was, it was all hard local city driving miles. for example, id rather have a 2001-2 with 150k on it that was really well maintained than one with 10k on it. cause it means the retractable top was never used, which can gum up and cause all kinds of problems, all the rubber is going to be dry as hell and original etc. I really don't know what the allure of a old car with super low miles on it is, cause it usually doesn't end well....
Old 02-06-16, 07:52 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Stereorob;9354688]I wouldn't go anywhere near an old car with very low miles even a lexus, cause it means it wasn't ever driven and if it was, it was all hard local city driving miles. for example, id rather have a 2001-2 with 150k on it that was really well maintained than one with 10k on it. cause it means the retractable top was never used, which can gum up and cause all kinds of problems, all the rubber is going to be dry as hell and original etc. I really don't know what the allure of a old car with super low miles on it is, cause it usually doesn't end well....[/QU

I don't think this thread was started with the intent to evoke a debate. Every one has an opinion and with regard to using or not using a car there are a lot of differences . I for one do use my car its started every week and run long enough to warm everything up heater on or air cond on Tire positions changed. I only use my car as far as any mileage goes for joy riding only. I never go in stop and go traffic and all my miles are highway. If I cant put the top down I don't drive it. My garage is heated year round and is temp controlled as well as moisture controlled.. I detail the car every 3 months and the top is dropped at least 4 times a month even if I am not using it, I take pride in doing the proper maintenance . I wipe down all the rubber moldings with 303 and maintain the leather with leathertique . I have never had a single issue with my car in 11 years other then a radiator that had a crack in the bottom which was replaced under factory warranty. In fact the only other issue I had was when I took the navigation unit out to install a work around
for navigation working when car was moving. I pulled a wire off and went to Baltimore and had the pleasure of meeting Johnny Cake and Habious who helped me make the repair of the wire. It was a fun day.

There is a difference in the way some people put cars away . I don't just put it in a garage and walk away.

Last edited by mrblister; 02-06-16 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-06-16, 08:00 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

[QUOTE=mrblister;9354709]
Originally Posted by Stereorob
I wouldn't go anywhere near an old car with very low miles even a lexus, cause it means it wasn't ever driven and if it was, it was all hard local city driving miles. for example, id rather have a 2001-2 with 150k on it that was really well maintained than one with 10k on it. cause it means the retractable top was never used, which can gum up and cause all kinds of problems, all the rubber is going to be dry as hell and original etc. I really don't know what the allure of a old car with super low miles on it is, cause it usually doesn't end well....[/QU

I don't think this thread was started with the intent to evoke a debate. Every one has an opinion and with regard to using or not using a car there are a lot of differences . I for one do use my car its started every week and run long enough to warm everything up heater on or air cond on Tire positions changed. I only use my car as far as any mileage goes for joy riding only. If I cant put the top down I don't drive it. My garage is heated year round and is temp controlled as well as moisture controlled.. I detail the car every 3 months and the top is dropped at least 4 times a month even if I am not using it, I take pride in doing the proper maintenance . I wipe down all the rubber moldings with 303 and maintain the leather with leathertique . I have never had a single issue with my car in 11 years other then a radiator that had a crack in the bottom which was replaced under warranty.

There is a difference in the way some people put cars away . I don't just put it in a garage and walk away.

+1 -- yeah I just bit my tongue. I'm with you mrblister.
Old 02-08-16, 05:32 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll chime in with this: I have a 2003 SC with 15K miles. My 3rd SC in 10 years. My wife and I drive it whenever we want, but usually wait for Top Down days. This is my best looking car over a RX450h and ES 300h so we take care of it a bit more. One of the SC's had over 120K miles on it when I traded it off. Never had a problem with any of them.

Cheers,

Larry
Old 02-08-16, 09:54 AM
Lexeffect
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Can anyone even come close to Mister Blister at 7603 miles?
I bought a flawless 2008 Starfire Pearl Lexus SC430 in November 2013 from West Palm Beach Florida with 4,800mi on the clock. It now rests with 5,900. Thank you. Mgmt.
Old 02-08-16, 10:20 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
I wouldn't go anywhere near an old car with very low miles even a lexus, cause it means it wasn't ever driven and if it was, it was all hard local city driving miles. for example, id rather have a 2001-2 with 150k on it that was really well maintained than one with 10k on it. cause it means the retractable top was never used, which can gum up and cause all kinds of problems, all the rubber is going to be dry as hell and original etc. I really don't know what the allure of a old car with super low miles on it is, cause it usually doesn't end well....
this is not always the case.i can show you sold old bmw m3s that has less than 10k miles, looks brand new. runs perfect. the lower mile, less used vehicle will always have a higher value

Quick Reply: Who has the LOWEST MILEAGE SC?