SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-15, 01:27 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
Was the procedure easy?
It wasn't to bad. I swapped it without removing the whole throttlebody. It to a little fiddling to get the bottom screw out and back in. I used a Philips socket on a short ratchet to get it. Otherwise it was straight forward. Adjusting it is simple if you can read absolute throttle percentage. I did find I needed to set it at abou 13.7 % . It was running just over 1400 rpm at 14% on initial start up. Then down to 950 rpm. It now is 1200 rpm and settles in around 750 rpm.
Old 12-05-15, 01:49 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 2006 model. I installed the NavTool backup camera and Vais Tech SL3B bluetooth for the radio. I love the special feature of the Vais that it enters the "I Agree" on the Nav screen at start-up.

Last edited by Poqman; 12-05-15 at 04:41 PM. Reason: corrected model number
Old 12-05-15, 02:53 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Poqman
I have a 2006 model. I installed the NavTool backup camera and Vais Tech SLU-B bluetooth for the radio. I love the special feature of the Vais that it enters the "I Agree" on the Nav screen at start-up.
Hey Poqman, do you possibly mean the SL3B from VaisTech? Are you using an android or apple phone? I only ask b'c i have a few questions now that you have it installed. Once you're using your phone to play music via bluetooth, if you try to change the track via the steering wheel controls, will it actually change the track on the phone? Secondly, does the radio display either the track name or any other information? Maybe some photos would be nice too! Thanks!
Old 12-05-15, 04:37 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Hey Poqman, do you possibly mean the SL3B from VaisTech? Are you using an android or apple phone? I only ask b'c i have a few questions now that you have it installed. Once you're using your phone to play music via bluetooth, if you try to change the track via the steering wheel controls, will it actually change the track on the phone? Secondly, does the radio display either the track name or any other information? Maybe some photos would be nice too! Thanks!
Yes, the SL3B. I'm using the Apple 5S phone. Yes, the steering wheel control does advance the song.

I have not gotten any text functions to work. The display always shows disc 1, track 1 and 0'00 seconds. The last step of the CD emulation instructions says CHECK SOUNDLINQ3 FOR FUNCTIONALLY, ESPECIALLY TEXT CAPABILITIES. All the functionalities seem to work, but not the text. I tried going through the setup 3 times. Always the same outcome. Tomorrow, I'll give it one more try. I installed a similar unit on a RX330 without Nav and the only text was the countdown seconds as the song played. No Playlist or song names displayed on the RX330 either.
Old 12-05-15, 05:05 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

ShawnOk, I looked at the VAIS Tech application guide and the 2005-2009 SC430 says NO in the TEXT column and that's what I'm getting. The 2004-2006 RX330 says YES in the TEXT column, but the only text that changes is the track and countdown. The Text feature doesn't seem to get you much unless your car displays the audio through the NAV screen.
Old 12-07-15, 05:21 PM
Cube
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good info on the Vaistech. I might be opting for a different brand for the mean time. Need to do some saving. Hehe

Not alot has been done on my SC as of late. I drove it to work for the pass few days and enjoying the top down on the way home. Ran the SC on a straight highway at 100mph a few times and enjoyed the ride. Felt a few things need to be replaced (springs, etc.) but the ride is still good. Ever so suddenly after my parking sensors were working to my surprise (I never knew my version had it). But it was a bit inconsistent. Yesterday during lunch it didnt work, but later that after it did. Any suggestions to this?
Old 12-13-15, 03:53 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Kept her protected from the storms today
Old 12-14-15, 07:57 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

Replaced all interior lights (including the vanity), with LEDs. Love the cool white.

The map lights are not bright enough (I bough LEDs only have 13 lm), reordered brighter LEDs with 95lm.

Next step, I am going to replace DRLs and Fog lights with LEDs.
Old 12-15-15, 07:45 AM
fraggin
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cleaned the Engine Bay Last night.<br/>
Old 12-15-15, 07:56 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Originally Posted by fraggin

Cleaned the Engine Bay Last night.<br/>
Looking good.
Old 12-15-15, 08:46 AM
fraggin
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks! I found one of the evap lines had come loose before I got started. After reading, others mention that this specific hose commonly gets disconnected if there's too much play in your motor/transmission mounts. Interesting unintentional built in motormount wear indicator.
Old 12-15-15, 08:48 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Sounds like motor mounts. Have someone else rev the engine while you see if there is a lot of movement.
Old 12-17-15, 09:38 AM
Coleroad
Racer

I went and had inspection done, and it failed. I got a new battery a month ago and had driven only ten miles since. That is why it failed. So I took it out for a long drive. It passed today. What irritates me about it is that the car fax will show a failed emissions. It will be viewed as something was wrong with the car when in reality there was nothing wrong with it. I did enjoy the ride though. I got lost and had to use the gps to get home lol
Old 12-17-15, 11:18 AM
ogjohnsmit
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleroad
I went and had inspection done, and it failed. I got a new battery a month ago and had driven only ten miles since. That is why it failed. So I took it out for a long drive. It passed today. What irritates me about it is that the car fax will show a failed emissions. It will be viewed as something was wrong with the car when in reality there was nothing wrong with it. I did enjoy the ride though. I got lost and had to use the gps to get home lol
If it's any consolation when I was out shopping for my SC I saw a number of CarFax reports with "Failed Emissions" entries and as long as the next entry was "Passed Emissions" it didn't impact what I thought about the car overall.
Old 12-24-15, 03:48 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Got around to doing my steering wheel swap today. Went pretty well except that I didn't have an extnesion for my socket wrench which turned a 15 minute job into a 2 hours ordeal. Also, I installed a hard wired Qi Car Cradle to charge my phone wirelessly. Had a modify the original Qi cradle a little to avoid the tilt steering when I remove the key from the ignition. Turned out pretty nice in the end, and no more worries about my phone dying.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-img_20151224_113913.jpg   What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-img_20151224_131149.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?