SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 05:09 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleroad
Good nobody from Michigan would ever want Ohio state to win.
Not a sports fan, so doesn't bother me

I watched the Trump rally in Alabama instead.
Old 11-21-15, 07:47 PM
FlopTop04
Advanced

Received 209 Likes on 103 Posts

Today I took the SC430 for a ( perhaps ) final drive before winter sets in. Tucked away in a heated garage for the winter. Then I replaced the front seats with the originals that I had re-upholstered. Looking good now. Next up is some minor parts replacement as time permits, no rush. Have a new air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, PCV valve and hose, radiator cap and gas cap all ready to go. Car is now almost 12 years old with 117,000 miles. Still runs sweet!
Old 11-22-15, 01:40 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Doing research on wide bodies. But probably going to have to get it custom done to find what I want.

All I really want are fenders like the Audi TT Quattro and maybe a front lip and the SC430 will be next to perfect in my opinion.

If I were rich:

My all-time favorite car
Old 11-22-15, 04:48 PM
Cube
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Retroplay
I just noticed you are in Brunei. My fiance was working overseas there when we met. She was in Seria/Kuala Belait.
Oh, she works in the oil and gas sector. Was she in Brunei for awhile?

Also,

As you mentioned in your earlier post that the cable ties could be a too tight.

So took off the switch from the console to check for others. I did a bit of poking around with the back of the switch and making sure everything was properly placed

And voila, to my luck, it works like a charm.

Thanks for the tip, Retro. It helps a lot.
Old 11-22-15, 04:59 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cube
Oh, she works in the oil and gas sector. Was she in Brunei for awhile?

As you mentioned in your earlier post that the cable ties could be a too tight.

So took off the switch from the console to check for others. I did a bit of poking around with the back of the switch and making sure everything was properly placed

And voila, to my luck, it works like a charm.

Thanks for the tip, Retro. It helps a lot.
She was a domestic servant there working for a family for 4 years.

And you are most welcome. Did you figure out exactly what was loose or just wiggled some things and it works now?

If it stops working again, you will maybe need to take the back cover off the switch and check the little circuit board for solder fractures.
Old 11-22-15, 06:26 PM
Cube
Rookie

To be honest with you, it was a stroke of luck. but the different thing that i did was fiddling a bit with the cable tie and i found the back side of the switch was a bit loose. So i just press the back in place and press the switch to try my luck. but it could be a loose connector as you said it.

Thanks for the tip, Retro. I will be testing the switch and see if it will still work in the next few days or so.

I miss driving the car so much that i assemble the consoles and drove it to a wedding invitation yesterday.
Old 11-22-15, 06:26 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cube
To be honest with you, it was a stroke of luck. but the different thing that i did was fiddling a bit with the cable tie and i found the back side of the switch was a bit loose. So i just press the back in place and press the switch to try my luck. hehehe

Awesome! Glad you were able to fix it so easily.
Old 11-23-15, 03:07 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

My wife's SC is back on the road after an alignment today and she drives FANTASTIC!!!

Most of the front end has now been rebuilt with bushings and parts.

The lower control arms no.1 and No.2 were removed and bushings replaced with the Daizen brand.

In addition, the front sway bar bushings were replaced Daizen and the the end links were ready to go back on...but I stayed with the originals because the Moogs were defective and went back to Rockauto.com. Rockauto paid for the return shipping! How awesome is that?
I ordered new end links, but this time I am going to try Beck Arney

I have the Daizen rack and pinion bushings, but decided not to change them out.

The inner tie rods were replaced with a set from Moog.

With that said I have replaced the following,
Upper control arms, SPC
Lower control arm bushing, Daizen
Sway bar bushings, front and rear, Daizen
Sway bar end links, front and rear, Beck Arney and Moog
Inner and outer tie rods, Moog

The car performs extremely well and I took her through some serious high speed turning today and she has never hel the road so well. For those that are worried about poly bushings, I noticed a positive difference but not harsh. She still rides like a luxury sports car but handles the road much better.

BTW, I have just over 70k miles
Old 11-23-15, 03:38 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

....I pulled her out of the garage today & wiped the dust off , thinking about taking her out for a ride tonight !!!
The following users liked this post:
RazoSC430 (01-14-20)
Old 11-24-15, 12:57 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I looked at it in the garage and told it that it was the greatest car in the world! Thanks Lexus for making such a fine automobile.
Old 11-24-15, 01:52 PM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tromly
I looked at it in the garage and told it that it was the greatest car in the world! Thanks Lexus for making such a fine automobile.
That will help keep maintenance costs down. Seems that as soon as I start trash talking a car, it starts having issues.

Though, I might be trash talking it because it is having issues, but let me have my superstitions.
Old 11-24-15, 06:50 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Took my 2002 to work today. It's warm by Nebraska standards (mid 50s). Wasn't brave enough to put the top down, but had a nice ride anyway.

Took the SC to my independent shop to chat with my mechanic on front suspension issues. Need to replace my lower control/caster arm bushings due to age (miles are still low--44k). Trying to decide between just pressing in new Figs bushings or having new OEM caster arms installed. My mechanic was in favor of the Figs bushings, but I'm still trying to decide.
Old 11-24-15, 09:59 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Retroplay
That will help keep maintenance costs down. Seems that as soon as I start trash talking a car, it starts having issues.

Though, I might be trash talking it because it is having issues, but let me have my superstitions.
Shhhhhh it can hear you... i feel the same way.
Old 11-25-15, 05:00 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Replaced the 18" racing wheels with summer tires, with the 19" Forgestar set with the all-season tires. Changed the coilover settings for comfort vs stiff. Misc touch- ups and a short trip to do an errand.
Old 11-25-15, 05:21 PM
GmanSC
Pole Position

Received 543 Likes on 413 Posts

Mounted the decorative shark fin antenna. Looks great. Pics in the other post.

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?