SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

What did you do to/for your sc430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 11:02 AM
Retroplay
Lead Lap

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleroad
I'm not missing the snow. I think it's bad enough at 65 and rainy today.
It's half rain/half snow here. First of the season. I took her out for a spin earlier this morning to see how she would handle since this will be my first winter with it. I didn't experience any slipping or sliding and the brakes still handled well.

I really need to get a remote starter installed though before Jan/Feb hits here.
Old 11-21-15, 11:12 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 138 Posts

Watching u of m game right now and then Msu needs to stomp Ohio st.
Old 11-21-15, 12:51 PM
Moonstruck
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[I]Looked at spring photos of my 2007 SC. Won't come out of winter storage till May 2016.
Old 11-21-15, 12:53 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Not exactly working on MY SC today, but gathered some parts for a past member to clean and test them out. It's cold and snowy here in the Chicago burbs too. Luckily, my car is in a heated underground garage. Sorry, not meant to be cocky. Last year had to park outside all year and the remote start saved my life, for sure. Especially when I had surgery rotations and procedures started at 5:30am (plus an hour in snow and traffic... absolute nightmare). We've gotten about 6 inches of snow on my balcony right now. I'm watching the LSU/ Ole Miss and MSU/OSU games until OU plays tonight! BOOOOMER SOOONER!

A few pics... this is what my day consists of until dinner in downtown tonight for a colleagues birthday celebration... brrrrrrrrrrrr.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-imag0049.jpg   What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-imag0054.jpg  

Last edited by ShawnOk; 11-21-15 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-21-15, 12:54 PM
Coleroad
Racer

It looks nice Moonstruck.
Old 11-21-15, 12:55 PM
Coleroad
Racer

What parts Shawn?
Old 11-21-15, 01:07 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

I'm not at liberty to say, yet... the owner asked me to wait to post until he decides what his course of action will be and how much he will want for said parts.
Old 11-21-15, 01:42 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Oh, I added this a few days ago. Trying to boost life into this thread. Not much to brag about. Got it at PepBoys, part of the TypeS line. Fits my HTC ONE M9 really well. Doesn't move or bounce around. Nice b'c my phone responds to "Ok Google," so I can easily send and read text messages by verbal command, request directions on the fly, make phone calls by voice command, etc and still visibly see the screen. I try to keep my interior as minimalistic as possible, so this was nice. Previously, I had one of those "car caddys," that sits next to the carpeted transmission housing and seat to keep things from falling into the crevice. I couldn't never see the directions and had to rely on verbal commands only. This little A/C clip phone holder solves that issue. It's right at the door jamb so easy to place or grab on the way into or out of the car. I believe this model should also fit iPhone 6 and 6plus. As I said, small thing but world of difference for me.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-imag0022_burst002.jpg  

Last edited by ShawnOk; 11-21-15 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-21-15, 02:13 PM
mikefromnc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Got my '02 SC430 in March this year.
It's still like a "new baby". I look for excuses to go somewhere just to "take a ride". Yesterday I discovered that my wife had a prescription refill to be picked up. Oh goody! That ride was about 18 mi. roundtrip. Well worth it.
This morning I used the excuse to go to the dollar store to pick up junk snacks plus wife needed toothpaste! Tomorrow may be a challenge. My SC
might just stay in the garage. My Panthers play the Redskins at 1:00 so I will be in front of The Tube! In the unlikely event the Panthers were to go all the way and win the Superbowl I might even be tempted to have the White Gold Crystal repainted Panther blue and black! Just Kidding!!
Thanks for letting me Silly Rant!

Mike in N.C.
Old 11-21-15, 02:24 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Oh, I added this a few days ago. Trying to boost life into this thread. Not much to brag about. Got it at PepBoys, part of the TypeS line. Fits my HTC ONE M9 really well. Doesn't move or bounce around. Nice b'c my phone responds to "Ok Google," so I can easily send and read text messages by verbal command, request directions on the fly, make phone calls by voice command, etc and still visibly see the screen. I try to keep my interior as minimalistic as possible, so this was nice. Previously, I had one of those "car caddys," that sits next to the carpeted transmission housing and seat to keep things from falling into the crevice. I couldn't never see the directions and had to rely on verbal commands only. This little A/C clip phone holder solves that issue. It's right at the door jamb so easy to place or grab on the way into or out of the car. I believe this model should also fit iPhone 6 and 6plus. As I said, small thing but world of difference for me.
Shawn, I like the carbon fiber wrap on the door too.
Old 11-21-15, 02:34 PM
Coleroad
Racer

I really like how this tire dressing turned out. It dries completely so no attracting dirt. It's has a nice sheen. I think it will last a lot longer than normal dressing.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-image.jpeg  
Old 11-21-15, 02:36 PM
Coleroad
Racer

You can see it better on the BMW, Taller sidewall .
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your sc430 today?-image.jpeg  
Old 11-21-15, 03:40 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 853 Likes on 686 Posts

I cannot believe what has happened to LSU in the last three games!!! Someone put some VooDoo on them!

With that said, I started the front end rebuild today

The lower control arms no.1 and No.2 have been removed and bushings replaced with the Daizen brand.

In addition, the front sway bar bushings were replaced, the end links are ready to go back on...

Tomorrow, I plan to replace the rack and pinion bushings, then reassemble.

Monday, it will be off for a good four wheel alignment!
Old 11-21-15, 03:45 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Wow this MSU/Ohio State game is a nail bitter!!!

UPDATE: MSU PUTS THE LAST NAIL IN THE COFFIN!!! Whoooo-hoooo.... see ya OSU. Hopefully moving down the rank and OU moves up tnt after whoopin' TCU!
Old 11-21-15, 04:51 PM
Coleroad
Racer

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Wow this MSU/Ohio State game is a nail bitter!!!

UPDATE: MSU PUTS THE LAST NAIL IN THE COFFIN!!! Whoooo-hoooo.... see ya OSU. Hopefully moving down the rank and OU moves up tnt after whoopin' TCU!
Good nobody from Michigan would ever want Ohio state to win.

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your sc430 today?