SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Sewell Still Giving CL Discounts

Old 08-19-15, 08:56 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Sewell Still Giving CL Discounts

After an earlier post suggesting that Sewell had discontinued the CL discounts, I contacted the head parts manager. Here is his reply:

Hi JohnnyCake,

Thanks for writing. Yes, we can still offer forum members special pricing as before. The only challenge is we don’t have the luxury of our website any longer, so any orders need to be made by phone. You can reach me at 214-353-2850. I can provide parts and accessories information and pricing for you. We ship directly to you via UPS.

Best regards,
Kerry

Sewell Parts Team
Old 08-19-15, 09:06 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Fantastic news!
Old 08-19-15, 12:50 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
After an earlier post suggesting that Sewell had discontinued the CL discounts, I contacted the head parts manager. Here is his reply:

Hi JohnnyCake,

Thanks for writing. Yes, we can still offer forum members special pricing as before. The only challenge is we don’t have the luxury of our website any longer, so any orders need to be made by phone. You can reach me at 214-353-2850. I can provide parts and accessories information and pricing for you. We ship directly to you via UPS.

Best regards,
Kerry

Sewell Parts Team
Thanks for posting

I was the one who called Sewell last week and was told they were instructed not to offer discounts to Club Lexus Members any more.

I questioned this and identified myself as a Moderator on the CL site but the guy who answered in parts department refused to sell me parts below retail.

After going back and forth a few times he offered to have me contact Kerry, I believe, but was told he was not in that day. So I went online and ordered from Lexus of Atlanta.

Kerry needs to educate other employees in the parts department. In fact I'm going to call him today and let him know my experience.
Old 08-19-15, 01:03 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

very interesting. hope this is true!
Old 08-19-15, 01:24 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by jadu
very interesting. hope this is true!
Jadu,

I also hope it is true. I am a long time customer of Sewell Part Online and really miss being able to order on their web site. Most of my ordering was done after hours so having to call during business hours is inconvenient.

I think they will loose lots of business without being able to order online as there are many dealers offering online ordering with discounts.

I called Kerry's phone number and got a recording that he was in today. I left a message for him to call me over 30 minutes ago.

In the interim I have gone online and shopped at 3 different sites and put items in my shopping carts. I'll report back after taking to Kerry.

I have parts now in
lexuspartsnow.com
mylparts.com
http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/
Ebay using belllexusnorthscottsdale
Old 08-19-15, 01:31 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Bring back the website.
I'm not interested in ordering from Sewell without the website.
I like ordering online and not having to call.

My last order was with mylparts.com
Old 08-19-15, 04:23 PM
FLYCT

OK, I waited almost 2 hours for a call back from Kerry with no results. I just called again as got his voice mail stating he was in today and to please leave a message. I did not leave a 2nd message.

After hanging up I called directly to the Parts counter (877-523-3311) and spoke to Keith who politely told me he could only give me retail pricing and I would need to speak with a gentleman Kerry for any discounts but Kerry already left for the day. I told Keith I already left Kerry a voicemail 2 hours ago and he hasn't called me back. He said perhaps Kerry was busy and I should call him back in the morning.

I was just about ready to pay for my parts online from LexusPartsNow.com when Kerry called. He’s a nice guy and apologized for taking so long returning my call.

I ordered the items from him to be shipped tomorrow. His price with CL discount was almost exactly the same as from LexusPartsNow.com but shipping was $5 less.

Kerry told me he was on vacation last week.
Old 08-19-15, 04:25 PM
FLYCT

BTW, Kerry said if it were up to him he would get the web site up today but the decision was not his.
Old 08-20-15, 06:10 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
I ordered the items from him to be shipped tomorrow. His price with CL discount was almost exactly the same as from LexusPartsNow.com but shipping was $5 less.
For $5 they'll lose my business too. I do most of my shopping online after hours. I certainly wouldn't want to be playing telephone tag or hoping the 1 guy who could do the deal was in and not on vacation or left early or whatever. It's too bad because I did spend a fair amount with them last year including new wheels & stuff.
Old 08-20-15, 07:23 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by DiggerJim
For $5 they'll lose my business too. I do most of my shopping online after hours. I certainly wouldn't want to be playing telephone tag or hoping the 1 guy who could do the deal was in and not on vacation or left early or whatever. It's too bad because I did spend a fair amount with them last year including new wheels & stuff.
Jim,

I know you're a very smart guy since you own a 2008 Matador Red SC430. Great choice

I was annoyed until I talked to Kerry and looked at the Vendor directory.

Sewell continues to support Club Lexus paying for Platinum vendor status. They are only one of 5 Platinum vendors if you look at the directory.

When I find a vendor or dealer that has provided exceptional service they have gained my loyalty. My local Lexus service advisor and service department, Wilde Lexus, is my go to place for service and sales.

Sewell is my place for parts based on my experience with them. Yes, it's going to be a slight inconvenience no longer having their web site but they will be my first call.

I retired after managing 60 field service reps in a high tech industry supporting 24 hour 7 day a week service. I know and appreciate good service.
Old 08-22-15, 09:34 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

I wonder if something is going on within Lexus about the online parts websites. Both Sewell and Park Place Lexus dropped their websites about the same time, which is a real bummer since both were excellent sources of parts and part numbers, not to mention having pretty good prices.

Last edited by Harold57; 08-22-15 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Change "someone" to "something".
Old 08-22-15, 11:47 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Sewell continues to support Club Lexus paying for Platinum vendor status. They are only one of 5 Platinum vendors if you look at the directory.
The bandwidth we use here isn't free. If it weren't for the sponsors, there'd be no Club Lexus. When I think of all I have learned here and all the benefit I have received from having the knowledge from this site, I'm happy to support the sponsors.

Originally Posted by Harold57
I wonder if someone is going on within Lexus about the online parts websites. Both Sewell and Park Place Lexus dropped their websites about the same time, which is a real bummer since both were excellent sources of parts and part numbers, not to mention having pretty good prices.
No doubt in my mind. My guess is that the Lexus dealers who don't have websites complained that this was a exclusive territory violation.

Otherwise it makes no sense. The Internet sales were a revenue source. Why terminate that in favor of a model that is less effective and has much higher labor costs (telephone).
Old 08-22-15, 06:42 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 408 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
The bandwidth we use here isn't free. If it weren't for the sponsors, there'd be no Club Lexus. When I think of all I have learned here and all the benefit I have received from having the knowledge from this site, I'm happy to support the sponsors.
Excellent point JohnnyCake.
Old 08-23-15, 05:37 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to buy a 15' GX460 from Sewell coming Saturday. So I'm contributing to their sponsorship. I don't know if the CL discount would apply and how much? MSRP is $63xxx. Hopefully I can have around 10% off MSRP, possible?
Old 08-23-15, 06:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Originally Posted by bb430
I'm going to buy a 15' GX460 from Sewell coming Saturday. So I'm contributing to their sponsorship. I don't know if the CL discount would apply and how much? MSRP is $63xxx. Hopefully I can have around 10% off MSRP, possible?
Sorry (and not sure if you're serious?).... Our CL discount is for parts, not 10% off a vehcile

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sewell Still Giving CL Discounts