SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Middle East Lexus coming home to Georgia soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-15, 02:06 AM
Eddie B
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Middle East Lexus coming home to Georgia soon

Brought the car in Kuwait and I have been driving it back and forth to work a 100 or so miles a day and she is running quite well I must say. First thing I did was take the Chinese made tires off and went with the OE Dunlops, I changed the belt idlers the fan bracket then for a piece of mind I changed the timing belt , water pump idlers and tensioner. I was a little hesitant about letting someone do the work for me but found a competent shop that had a lot of Toyotas inside so I took a chance. I normally do all of my own work.
Was noticing a low humming noise at around 50-65 miles an hour on the highway and thought it was my tires out of balance. Turned out to be the transmission mount. I got the new and improved one with the wings on the side and night and day difference. The motor mounts were fine. There are so many freakin speed bumps over here it wears out everything underneath the car.
I have about 4 months left here which is why im doing the write up. I will ship the car the end of November so it will be at the port by the time I get there Jan 2016. I have some plans nothing to much in upgrades I have my other 2 Toyotas to play with. Here are some pics of the car and I will update as it gets nearer to ship. I was going to have my wife ship the wheels and tires here but I figured I would just do it when I got home. The SC owners have some nice mods here and I look to add to that.

Old 07-23-15, 09:25 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Georgia can use another fine SC430 driving around, are you in ATL?I am going to look at my mounts as well. At 115K I am sure it has seen its days.
Old 07-23-15, 06:51 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Looks sharp.
Old 07-23-15, 07:44 PM
Eddie B
Rookie

Default Im in Savannah

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Georgia can use another fine SC430 driving around, are you in ATL?I am going to look at my mounts as well. At 115K I am sure it has seen its days.

But I have relatives that stay there and Im there all the time. When I get back we will definitely hook up and round up some of the other Georgians so we can have an SC meet. I will have to get my son to drive the older SC up. The car had about 230KM on it when I got it roughly 250K which is just more than 140,000 miles so I was needing the mounts for sure. Come to think of it my wifes gs430 will need the mount as well. It was 80.00 bucks here and about 15.00 for the guy to install it. Now it rides like a lexus and is quiet and the power transfer to the rear wheels? Just change it and you will see. Its real sporty.

When I get back I will disassemble the Asanti and paint the wheel face black and clear coat it. These were my first set and I will go with a more aggressive front and really wide rear. the 20x10 fit up front no problems. will do a 20x11.5 or 12 for the rear. The Asanti I have for the 430 Im thinking about putting a wider wheel out back maybe a 20x11.5. The wheels are super light and all aluminum. No steel barrel or lips.
Old 07-23-15, 07:46 PM
Eddie B
Rookie

Default i appreciate it

Originally Posted by Harold57
Looks sharp.

Every ones sc430 is sharp I like to see different peoples ideas. im old school so I like a little form and function,
Old 07-24-15, 04:49 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Sweet! Keep us posted on the import story. I've heard it is a nightmare to get through emission testing, safety requirements, and first title.
Old 07-24-15, 06:46 AM
Eddie B
Rookie

Default Im going through a broker/shipper here

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Sweet! Keep us posted on the import story. I've heard it is a nightmare to get through emission testing, safety requirements, and first title.
well emissions they ulev so no problems there all safety requirements are up to US standard and it has DOT glass. The title is what im on him about but they guarantee a smooth transition and title. for 4600 it includes all the documents and the car in a enclosed container.

I have a gentleman here that works at the lex/Toyota parts house that really wants to buy it but im becoming more and more attached everyday I drive it. So needless to say I will ship it and keep you guys posted on how it turns out.
Old 07-24-15, 09:55 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie B
Brought the car in Kuwait and I have been driving it back and forth to work a 100 or so miles a day and she is running quite well I must say. First thing I did was take the Chinese made tires off and went with the OE Dunlops, I changed the belt idlers the fan bracket then for a piece of mind I changed the timing belt , water pump idlers and tensioner. I was a little hesitant about letting someone do the work for me but found a competent shop that had a lot of Toyotas inside so I took a chance. I normally do all of my own work.
Was noticing a low humming noise at around 50-65 miles an hour on the highway and thought it was my tires out of balance. Turned out to be the transmission mount. I got the new and improved one with the wings on the side and night and day difference. The motor mounts were fine. There are so many freakin speed bumps over here it wears out everything underneath the car.
I have about 4 months left here which is why im doing the write up. I will ship the car the end of November so it will be at the port by the time I get there Jan 2016. I have some plans nothing to much in upgrades I have my other 2 Toyotas to play with. Here are some pics of the car and I will update as it gets nearer to ship. I was going to have my wife ship the wheels and tires here but I figured I would just do it when I got home. The SC owners have some nice mods here and I look to add to that.

....loving those wheels, they should look great on that silver ....
Old 07-25-15, 01:54 AM
Eddie B
Rookie

Default Haha thanks man it would look good on yours as well

Originally Posted by texsexlex
....loving those wheels, they should look great on that silver ....
Im liking your front bumper. I think I am going with the vertex kit though. Still havevnt decided yet. there are a few options out there.

going to talk with my builder in Tampa. im ditching the twins and going single and I would really like to use those twins and put it on the 430. Im not worrying about the fabbing and pipes for it what I am concerned with is the control of all of it. I am reading the ECU is tied to everything including top operation. if I could boost at 10psi safely I will inquire about the install.

Then I will start another thread. If anyone can do it he can.
Old 07-27-15, 10:02 AM
Toysled
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice clean rides!! On your SC300..... is that an antenna mod or is the antenna partially up?
Old 07-27-15, 02:29 PM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by Toysled
Nice clean rides!! On your SC300..... is that an antenna mod or is the antenna partially up?
Bet you a partially stuck antenna.
Old 07-28-15, 03:57 AM
Eddie B
Rookie

Default it actually works

Bet you a partially stuck antenna.
Just doesn't go all the way down. I chalked it up to the gears not being correctly seated for it to fully retract. I change them all out on my lexus. The caveat to that is I haven't driven the red one in a couple of years because of my work over seas. The antenna never really bothered me but will definitely get it taken care of.
Old 01-21-16, 04:43 AM
Eddie B
Rookie

Decided to not ship my first sc430 from abroad and purchased this one Tuesday.

After the first wash. really thinking about leaving it like it is without installing wheels.
Old 01-21-16, 05:23 AM
mandyfig

Wow! Great find. We have to do a meet in Atlanta. Whereabouts are you?
Old 01-21-16, 05:28 AM
Eddie B
Rookie

Default For sure!

Wow! Great find. We have to do a meet in Atlanta. Whereabouts are you?

Looking forward to it! I will pm you my e-mail addy

I'm in Savannah

Last edited by Eddie B; 01-21-16 at 05:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Middle East Lexus coming home to Georgia soon