Pin Diagram for Roof ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 12:17 PM
paige
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pin Diagram for Roof ECU?

2002 sc430

Ran into a very strange situation with my top. Out of the blue the open/close button on the Climate control ceased to function. No light No beeps. Valet switch in proper position, rear cover seated properly. Nothing.

What I've done so far:

Disconnected Battery multiple times and in between multiple steps.

Removed Glove Box to access valet switch. Jumpered it, same result. no on/off light or blink.

Removed access hole to roof unlatch motor, car running, opened manually with allen wrench. Result: Solid Red light with Beeping. Switch is getting power.

Manually opened roof to the Middle of Car. Package Tray did not want to lift up.

Closed Roof Back.

So, My education into the Lexus Hard top begins. oh boy.

If anyone has a Roof pin out diagram that they would share I would appreciate it.

Any advice or instruction on how to lift up the package tray manually without breaking it would be helpful.

Another member, Pvong713 has cited a similar scenario. Ive been responding and following that post. "Open/Close Roof switch will not blink"

Any help or comments welcome.
Old 10-28-14, 12:31 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by paige
2002 sc430

Ran into a very strange situation with my top. Out of the blue the open/close button on the Climate control ceased to function. No light No beeps. Valet switch in proper position, rear cover seated properly. Nothing.

What I've done so far:

Disconnected Battery multiple times and in between multiple steps.

Removed Glove Box to access valet switch. Jumpered it, same result. no on/off light or blink.

Removed access hole to roof unlatch motor, car running, opened manually with allen wrench. Result: Solid Red light with Beeping. Switch is getting power.

Manually opened roof to the Middle of Car. Package Tray did not want to lift up.

Closed Roof Back.

So, My education into the Lexus Hard top begins. oh boy.

If anyone has a Roof pin out diagram that they would share I would appreciate it.

Any advice or instruction on how to lift up the package tray manually without breaking it would be helpful.

Another member, Pvong713 has cited a similar scenario. Ive been responding and following that post. "Open/Close Roof switch will not blink"

Any help or comments welcome.

I believe that in the owners manual the section on how to raise the top or lower it manual does cover the procedure to raise the package tray. I am re-calling from memory but they do explain how to do it.
Old 10-28-14, 01:17 PM
paige
Rookie

Ok, thanks will look at when home.

Also forgot to post I replaced all Fuses.

thanks
Old 10-28-14, 01:21 PM
pvong713
Driver

Ok, thanks will look at when home.

Also forgot to post I replaced all Fuses.

thanks
Are you planning to take it to the dealership if y ou can't figure it out?
Old 10-28-14, 01:33 PM
paige
Rookie

Pvong713
I'm gonna give it a try, but in the end if I run into a wall, yes I will take it. Its a pain to coordinate a ride, kids ect. Single Dad 2 boys, long hours ect.

Did you try to open the roof manually with car running and see if your switch comes to life?

At least that means ecu is seeing closed roof, open roof.

Wondering if ecu is seeing closed and open trunk at the same time and just shutting down?
Old 10-29-14, 09:24 AM
paige
Rookie

I'm almost positive that it is my package tray.. it is not flat as in the closed position.. waiting for my neighbor to get home to help me open the roof manually.

without a pin out diagram its challenging! not giving up.

pvong, if your following this, check to see if your package tray is seated fully closed, assuming your top is closed.

mine looks elevated.. been driving around looking for an sc430 parked so I can flag the driver or pull up next to it and visually compare..

one thing i learned, just dig into it. its only a top!
Old 10-29-14, 03:18 PM
pvong713
Driver

I'm almost positive that it is my package tray.. it is not flat as in the closed position.. waiting for my neighbor to get home to help me open the roof manually.

pvong, if your following this, check to see if your package tray is seated fully closed, assuming your top is closed.

mine looks elevated.. been driving around looking for an sc430 parked so I can flag the driver or pull up next to it and visually compare..

I really haven't had time to mess around with it yet. I was planning maybe some time next month but for now I just need to drive the car as is. But please keep me updated on your progress hopefully it's something not expensive to do. I'm thinking mine is something simple as I have the trunk completely tear down already when I insteaded the 06 taillights and I have not put everything back.
Old 10-31-14, 12:31 PM
pvong713
Driver

Any update?
Old 11-01-14, 07:22 AM
sixonemale
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm in agreement with Mrblister that opening and closing the roof should be in the owners manual. Purely as an FYI I have attached the manual open and close roof operation PDFs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1.pdf (174.9 KB, 203 views)
File Type: pdf
6.pdf (260.3 KB, 281 views)
Old 11-01-14, 10:57 AM
paige
Rookie

It definitely is in the owners manual.. My trouble with the procedure was the package tray.. it seemed stuck, would not move up.. I did not want to use force and break something.. Waiting for a neighbor to help me get the trunk up and the room to its midway position..

Thanks for the PDF's.. Will keep this thread updated as I make progress.

paige