SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

DC gold speakers - GARBAGE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 05:24 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default DC gold speakers - GARBAGE

Overpriced junk. Bass is never pass 3 hooked up to my factory head unit. I heard a strange(blown) noise a couple weeks ago but it was very faint. Last night right when i got home my passenger side mid-range speaker blew making that high pitch noise. So this morning i just repairedthe mid-range speaker and and i take a look at my dc gold 6x9... Ripped! Around the cone about 3 iches.. What a joke. I was never happy with them. They were decent. Totally not worth the +200 dollars.. And soo.. I repaired it with silicone -_-

So from my experience.. Unless your going with an aftermarket high quality component system with an aftermarket amp. The BEST speakers for replacement are the ML Factory speakers itself! They hit and travel much better compared to any aftermarkets i've tried. If you can, i'd repair your factory speakers. They were made for the system and they sound/work best with the ML system.
Old 03-25-11, 07:23 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 153 Posts

Has anyone tried the 6 x 9 Cadence speaker? It is 8 ohm. They are pretty cheap. $40.00 on Amazon.
Old 03-25-11, 08:31 AM
scyul
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove one summer with with a set of Inifity reference 6x9 (4 Ohms) and OE amp with no problem. As long as you don't blast the system too much, the amp will survive. + I knew I was going for a full upgrade so, no use buying a set of 8 Ohms.
Old 03-25-11, 09:52 AM
T8LEX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to go with Focal Access 165 A1 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker Kit
for the front and some 100CA1 FOCAL 4" NEW 2-WAY COAXIAL SPEAKERS SET 100 CA1 for the rear and a JL AUDIO XD400/4 amp because i have heard this exact system all set up and it sounds amazing!!!
Old 03-25-11, 02:35 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ sounds great!! I thinK im gonna change out eveything one day. I've had too many problems with these old speakers. Great system but just oldd
Old 03-25-11, 03:31 PM
bacardi
Lead Lap

mistaboi
I have the DC Gold N69R 6x9 speakers in my car for about 6 months now, never had any kind of problem. If you Have a problem DC Gold Warranties the speakers for 3 years and the stand by them. Sorry you had a problem. I have these speakers in my boat and they take a beating and sound great there.
regards
Old 03-26-11, 09:45 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

I have some cheap ds series 4ohm kickers that sound great.
Old 09-27-12, 01:28 PM
dcgold
Driver School Candidate

Hello mIStaSC,
Sorry to hear about your issues. If your speakers were purchased around the time of this post they will still be under warranty. We will repair any speaker except for abuse for three years from date of purchase and would like the opportunity to make this right for you. We are constantly improving our speaker and the components in then, so if they need rebuilding, it will cost you nothing (under warranty) and should have all of he improvements we have made in the last year or so. The other benefit is, any "N" series speakers out of warranty can be rebuilt for a nominal price - we want to be your life-time speaker!
David
Old 09-27-12, 08:13 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by dcgold
Hello mIStaSC,
Sorry to hear about your issues. If your speakers were purchased around the time of this post they will still be under warranty. We will repair any speaker except for abuse for three years from date of purchase and would like the opportunity to make this right for you. We are constantly improving our speaker and the components in then, so if they need rebuilding, it will cost you nothing (under warranty) and should have all of he improvements we have made in the last year or so. The other benefit is, any "N" series speakers out of warranty can be rebuilt for a nominal price - we want to be your life-time speaker!
David
David - Good for you! I love to see this kind of thing when a company steps up and backs their products without getting defensive and snippy - its a rare thing nowadays. Very smart way to do business and gain loyal customers.
Old 09-27-12, 08:29 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

A thread almost 2 years old? wow. Always check date before posting on a thread that has a lot of views and a little of posts...
BTW, any sub-woofer will be a waste of money.....in the long run.
Old 09-24-13, 01:52 PM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the 6x9 N69R, They are to me the best speakers I have ever used in my 430sc.
Old 09-25-13, 07:58 AM
fj40ih8mud
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Rockford Fosgate 6.5" and love them. Stick with a well respected name brand and never regret it. Price was about the same, maybe a few dollars more.
Old 09-30-13, 10:36 AM
dcgold
Driver School Candidate

Although not cheap, our speakers are built MUCH better than the stock unit, have a three year warranty and we will rebuild them for life - for a nominal fee. If you damage your speaker, that is not covered by warranty, but we will rebuild it and make it new again. If we are not contacted, we cannot do anything to fix the issue - please call or e-mail us. We want to know and want happy customers for life. All of our speakers are hand built by my wife and myself in Southern California - we test every speaker before it leaves and you should purchase from an authorized dealer - not e-bay, you have no idea what what you are getting.
Old 09-30-13, 07:23 PM
dcgold
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SC400slide
A thread almost 2 years old? wow. Always check date before posting on a thread that has a lot of views and a little of posts...
BTW, any sub-woofer will be a waste of money.....in the long run.
At two years old, there is still one year left on the warranty. If there was an issue from the beginning, we would still fix it for free.

If the warranty is over - past three years, we can still rebuild them for a nominal fee. No such thing as too late.
Old 10-01-13, 09:18 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
David - Good for you! I love to see this kind of thing when a company steps up and backs their products without getting defensive and snippy - its a rare thing nowadays. Very smart way to do business and gain loyal customers.
I second that comment! Very refreshing but it is what I excpet to see here on this forum.

Quick Reply: DC gold speakers - GARBAGE