SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

I need help from Houston!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 05:17 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I need help from Houston!

I found my dream SC in Conroe Tx. I currently have an 02 SC that I've had since 08. I've been on the hunt for the 2010 model since it came out. Now I've found it 1300 miles from where I live. It's a red '10 with 27k miles on it, but I need someone local to check it out for me. Check out the car visually and take it for a drive. I already paid a deposit to hold it and it should be a done deal by the end of the week. It will then be shipped to me. I can give you the name of the sales person and I will let him know what we're doing and I would pay you for your time. The car is under the factory warranty until August. So I need the tires checked for tread wear. Their service dept checked the brakes. Please pm me and then we can email back and forth. If we can do this TODAY I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for the late notice, but this went down really fast. My credit union already ok'd the purchase. I will be forever grateful if any Houston forum member could help out a fellow forum member.
Old 01-22-14, 08:40 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the tires. The dealer pictures show it currently has runflats on it. You will want to ditch those quickly.

I love the color.

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-22-14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-22-14, 08:49 AM
FLYCT

If you have a good relationship with your local Lexus dealer have them pull details on the service history. I've done this several times when buying from out of state.

The history shows some paint work listed by lLexus dealer back in 9/2011
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...do?d-16544-p=2

Vin number JTHFN2EY8A9021759

The car looks beautiful from the dealer pictures.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-22-14 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-22-14, 09:05 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FLYCT
If you have a good relationship with your local Lexus dealer have them pull details on the service history. I've done this several times when buying from out if state.

The history shows some paint work listed by lLexus dealer back in 9/2011
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...do?d-16544-p=2

Vin number JTHFN2EY8A9021759

The car looks beautiful from the dealer pictures.

JR
I did check the lexus sight looks good and the paint work was actually done at the lexus dealer. There is one small scratch on the back bumper that they are sending out for repair. I have never bought a car sight unseen before and am nervous. On the other hand, It is still warranteed for 8 months and I can then purchase another lexus warranty. Just nervous, I guess. Price is very fair. I will give the details when the deal is done.
Old 01-22-14, 11:51 AM
FLYCT

I know how you feel. I bought both of my SC430s sight unseen and had them trucked to me. I was nervous but in the end I was not disappointed.

My RED 2008 was purchased from a dealer 700+ miles from home. It had a few months left on the factory warranty and I purchased a Lexus extended warranty a month before it expired

The 2007 was a CPO car purchased last year from a Chicago dealer, 1400 miles from home.

I purchased my 8 year/100k extended Lexus Platinum warranty for the 2008 via Internet from Midwest Toyota.

I'm excited for you.

JR
Old 01-22-14, 12:18 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FLYCT
I know how you feel. I bought both of my SC430s sight unseen and had them trucked to me. I was nervous but in the end I was not disappointed.

My RED 2008 was purchased from a dealer 700+ miles from home. It had a few months left on the factory warranty and I purchased a Lexus extended warranty a month before it expired

The 2007 was a CPO car purchased last year from a Chicago dealer, 1400 miles from home.

I purchased my 8 year/100k extended Lexus Platinum warranty for the 2008 via Internet from Midwest Toyota.

I'm excited for you.

JR
I'm curious about your warranty. How long ago did you buy the warranty and what was age and mileage at the time. My price on the same warranty is $1970 for 8 yr/100k zero ded- how does that compare?
Old 01-22-14, 01:37 PM
FLYCT

Your warranty quote sounds low. What dealer quoted that price? I just looked at mine and I paid $2,480 for the Lexus 8 yr 100k zero deductible Platinum warranty. I bought it November 2012. The car was a few days shy of 4 years from first out in service and was shy of 50,000 miles on the odometer.

I priced it both locally and with the 3 dealers that commonly are listed here. All were within $50 of each other but much lower than local dealers. Florida dealers are prohibited by law from discounting extended warranties. They must sell at list price. The law was written to prevent price gouging.

Last edited by FLYCT; 01-22-14 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-22-14, 01:51 PM
FLYCT

Here was email I received back then

Old 01-22-14, 01:54 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Troy Dietrich of toyota of greenfield uses the website fd-warranty.com. I also purchased an 8 year warranty and a 6 year maintenance agreement from him last may and both agreements came from toyota and are in the dealers computers. The finance guy at my buying dealer showed me that my price is below his. I got him and the website from this forum. What I've learned is that they deal in such volume their price is considerably lower than dealers.
Old 01-22-14, 02:06 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

i posted this on the ClubLexus Houston Group on Facebook...i hope someone replies soon...i live about 2hr and 30 minutes from conroe....unfortunately i cant go look at it for you im sorry i have my hands full at home
Old 01-22-14, 02:47 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be willing to check the car out, but I only have time on Friday. Let me know.
Old 01-22-14, 02:47 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Anion
i posted this on the ClubLexus Houston Group on Facebook...i hope someone replies soon...i live about 2hr and 30 minutes from conroe....unfortunately i cant go look at it for you im sorry i have my hands full at home
Thanks, I really appreciate it. At this point, with all the pictures I have along with the fact that it is still covered by factory warranty, I decided to pull the trigger. The price was right and the dealer is handling the shipping, and I am very satisfied with color. I've been looking for a 2010, so I figure this is it.
Old 01-22-14, 02:55 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by Solman
Troy Dietrich of toyota of greenfield.....
Troy is a good guy. I actually purchased a Toyota warranty from him on my 2008 Avalon a few years ago and a Lexus Platinum warranty from him for my 2009 LS460. When I sold both cars, prior to extended warranty expiration, I received a refund from both Toyota and Lexus for the unused portion.

When I priced the warranties for my SC430 I got quotes from Troy from Toyota at Greenfield and Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota. They were priced almost exactly the same. I seem to remember that I went with Jerry Johnson because of his pleasant phone personality and I believe his price was $50 less.

JR
Old 01-22-14, 02:57 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I really appreciate it. At this point, with all the pictures I have along with the fact that it is still covered by factory warranty, I decided to pull the trigger. The price was right and the dealer is handling the shipping, and I am very satisfied with color. I've been looking for a 2010, so I figure this is it.
Congratulations on your new car!
Old 01-24-14, 03:39 AM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I found my dream SC in Conroe Tx. I currently have an 02 SC that I've had since 08. I've been on the hunt for the 2010 model since it came out. Now I've found it 1300 miles from where I live. It's a red '10 with 27k miles on it, but I need someone local to check it out for me. Check out the car visually and take it for a drive. I already paid a deposit to hold it and it should be a done deal by the end of the week. It will then be shipped to me. I can give you the name of the sales person and I will let him know what we're doing and I would pay you for your time. The car is under the factory warranty until August. So I need the tires checked for tread wear. Their service dept checked the brakes. Please pm me and then we can email back and forth. If we can do this TODAY I'd really appreciate it. Sorry for the late notice, but this went down really fast. My credit union already ok'd the purchase. I will be forever grateful if any Houston forum member could help out a fellow forum member.
Congratulations on your new car!

Quick Reply: I need help from Houston!