adjust fog lights beam

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 06:51 AM
GrappaLux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjust fog lights beam

My SC is a 2008 US model
Yesterday I failed the inspection as the red illuminated read side markers are no more allowed here in Europe.
I went to local Lexus shop and I ordered those in clear for an astronomical price, deliver anyhow in 3 weeks. too bad...
Quick and dirty workaround suggested directly from the inspector is to tape them. I'll go for it as I do not want to stay one month without my beauty.

I've anyhow other 2 minor problems to fix. One of the license light is broken, weird as mine is the latest model and those are led bulbs. Anyhow I've dismounted one and discovered that are sealed and the led can't be replaced. Another 150bucks but real problem is that I could find only the previous model 81270-24041. Someone know if those are compatible ?
Mine is like this

Other problem are the fog lights. They claimed I have to lower the beam but I can't get how to adjust those. Any tips?
Old 04-29-17, 08:17 AM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Fog lights are not focused beams and not designed to be adjustable. If you are talking about the low beam (the main headlights) they are adjustable. There is a page in the user manual on how to adjust those. You just need to be patient, it takes about ten turns to move one degree.
Old 04-29-17, 10:10 AM
GrappaLux
Driver School Candidate

thanks. unfortunately it's about he fog lights and not the low beam of headlights.
I guess I'll have to remove them as well as anyhow not mandatory to have
Old 04-29-17, 10:56 AM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Sounds like you have some really fussy bureaucrats at Luxembourg. No wonder its the most expensive place in the world---you have to replace everything to please those bureaucrats.
Old 05-22-17, 04:17 AM
GrappaLux
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jzdulexus
Fog lights are not focused beams and not designed to be adjustable. If you are talking about the low beam (the main headlights) they are adjustable. There is a page in the user manual on how to adjust those. You just need to be patient, it takes about ten turns to move one degree.
not correct. the fog lights can be adjusted. I went to inspection sure about that but I failed... for 2nd time. they shown me the regulation article that basically says that any fog light has to be adjustable for being approved with CE stamp.
I run to Lexus shop and they did it. back to inspection I passed it.

to close the story, the plate lights were 190EUR and the rear markers in orange without bulbs were 32EUR for both
Old 05-22-17, 08:05 AM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GrappaLux
... they shown me the regulation article that basically says that any fog light has to be adjustable for being approved with CE stamp.
Since you mentioned your SC was a US import I assume that its designs would not comply with Luxembourg regulations. And CE stamp----Conformité Européene--is an EU rule which I imagine does not extend to govern the functions/features on US autos. I know for a fact that most cars in US do not have adjustable fog lights. Should the owners be worried that their car would not be CE stamp eligible? I am not sure.
Old 05-22-17, 10:49 AM
GrappaLux
Driver School Candidate

it wasn't my intention to be polemic and I apologize if that was the perception I left

anyhow I've deeply verified with local Lexus garage, while I was waiting the adjustment, and fog lights are shared between all country version and are adjustable.
only relevant parts that are different between US/EU are the bumpers. Japan market has foldable electric mirrors... that I'd like to have