SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Missed a great deal? :( what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-13, 05:52 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
The throttle isn't as sensitive as some other cars. If you want to change that, you can buy a Blitz Throttle Control. It lets you set the throttle's sensitivity. It won't make your car any faster, but it'll feel faster.
When I need my SC to be more responsive / sensitive I lower the gear to 4 from D and then back to D

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I have SprintBooster (easily found on Ebay) and it's nice b'c you have three programs to choose from: Off/Normal Driving, Moderate, & Aggressive. It was a really easy install, about 10 minutes. I usually keep mine off unless I'm hotroddin' around town but in either the Moderate or Aggressive mode you can definitely feel the change in acceleration which probably relates to a huge decrease in MPG's. But on the bright side, the "lag" that so many owners complain about is gone.
Have U driven in the 4th? what difference U feel compare to using SprintBooster?
Old 09-25-13, 09:05 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Prasha
When I need my SC to be more responsive / sensitive I lower the gear to 4 from D and then back to D

Have U driven in the 4th? what difference U feel compare to using SprintBooster?
No, I didn't think there was a difference btn "4" and "D." But I have drop shifted from 1 --> 2-->3-->4/D once under the impression it would work like a triptronic. It didn't and I've never done it since for the fear of dropping the transmission and/or blowing up the engine. I really feel there's nothing comparable to the way the ETC/sprint boosters eliminate the acceleration "lag." It really feels as if the peddle is more "sensitive;" if that makes sense. Think about it like this. the effect you would get if you stomped on the accelerator at a dead stop would now be reset to less force on the pedal. There's more of an immediate "flood" response from the engine rather than an increasing, tapered RPM.

Here's a site that gave some good points. The only drawback of his opinion is that he left out the importance of a selectable mode operation. Where you can turn it off when you're not playin' for pinks. http://outbackjoe.com/macho-divertis...s-it-worth-it/

Ps. I'm very sorry for the subject change in this thread. To restore the topic, I feel that the car was very nice and very exotic being a PBE and at a great price for the low mileage and condition. I've never seen one with this color combo; very unique. With that being said and all do respect, I am not a fan of the colors; interior or exterior. But I guess I'm more of a plain sort of guy so please don't take any offense. All my cars have been black, dark blue, or grey with either gray or black interior. Says a little bit about my personality, I guess. Sorry.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 09-25-13 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 06:49 AM
416tt
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have SprintBooster (easily found on Ebay) and it's nice b'c you have three programs to choose from: Off/Normal Driving, Moderate, & Aggressive. It was a really easy install, about 10 minutes. I usually keep mine off unless I'm hotroddin' around town but in either the Moderate or Aggressive mode you can definitely feel the change in acceleration which probably relates to a huge decrease in MPG's. But on the bright side, the "lag" that so many owners complain about is gone.
sprintbooster, I will definately check that one aswell! thankyou for the input Shawn! the lag is what I need gone
Old 10-04-13, 04:43 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it, contact Jerrick from MeisterR to hook you up with a set of Europa Coilovers and a few bolt ons you'll be all set...

The one you wanted was my first option too but with how rare these cars are, you can always settle for second best.

Goodluck
Old 10-07-13, 10:19 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey that's great info, did not know about this product