SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Bang for the Buck Analysis of Recent Upgrades and Mods to my Sc430

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 05:39 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Prasha
does "Sprint Booster" affect the average (MPG)?
I was informed by Anthony at Sprint Booster that since it increases the baseline throttle sensitivity (which I assume is a more sensitive "idle," for faster launches), it would cause higher RPM's and therefore eat more gas than normal. Thus decreasing the MPG. At least that's the way it was explained to me. For example, the response you would get at pressing the accelerator halfway down will be reset to 1/4 of the way down with the Booster, and thus you will have more engine response which equals more gas usage. Whereas, an Electronic Throttle Control will let you choose btn modes: Normal Driving Mode, Economy Mode, or Aggressive Mode (or some variation of these depending on the model and manufacturer). I hope I put that all correctly.

UPDATE: I believe the newer version of Sprint Booster has THREE modes now. (Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2). So I reason, that any setting other than 'Stock' would eat more gas.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-22-13 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-22-13, 07:42 PM
Prasha
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I was informed by Anthony at Sprint Booster that since it increases the baseline throttle sensitivity (which at I assume as more sensitive "idle," for faster launches), it would cause higher RPM's and therefore eat more gas than normal. Thus decreasing the MPG. At least that's the way it was explained to me. For example, the response you would get at pressing the accelerator halfway down will be reset to 1/4 of the way down with the Booster, and thus you will have more engine response which equals more gas usage. Whereas, an Electronic Throttle Control will let you choose btn modes: Normal Driving Mode, Economy Mode, or Aggressive Mode (or some variation of these depending on the model and manufacturer). I hope I put that all correctly.

UPDATE: I believe the newer version of Sprint Booster has THREE modes now. (Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2). So I reason, that any setting other than 'Stock' would eat more gas.
If some one is stuck at my blind spot on the Freeway irritates me, when gap opens a bit I shift from D to 4 and move in that lane, then shift back to D. Shifting to 4 the car becomes responsive and feel better control. I wonder if I should install Spirit Booster? most of the time its adequate driving around town.