SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

ISimple installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-13, 02:34 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default ISimple installed

Today I installed the Isimple. It was easy once I figured out how to remove the radio and tap into the 12v source from the lighter, although those two steps alone took over two frustrating hours..

The sound is fantastic!! A big improvement over the ugly tape deck adapter. And only $50 from Walmart.

Later I will probably post step by step instructions.
Old 06-08-13, 04:09 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting.............
Old 06-08-13, 05:15 PM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

[quote=bb430;7981611]Waiting.............[/
Originally Posted by bb430
Waiting.............
Haha ok I will outline the install steps now:

1. The hardest part is taking out the radio. First unhook the heated seat switch. Then put the car in neutral and pop off the center wood shifter bezel. Next you will see to 10mm bolts holding in the radio. Unscrew those. Now you must remove the AC unit above the radio. Just pull hard and it pops out, there are no screws holding it in.

You will see two more 10mm bolts above the radio. I used a socket wrench extension to get access and unscrew. Now pull out the radio. You will need to be careful not to scratch any of the gorgeous lexus trim.

Now look for the antennae input on the back of the radio. For the sc430 there are two. Just pull one out and put the isimple input into the radio. I forget the rest of the isimple connections, but those are really easy. You will see what I mean. There are little stickers on the isimple showing where to connect stuff. Hard to explain.

2. Now you need to connect to a power source. The isimple instructions were useless in this step. Look for a bright redwire coming out of the cigarette lighter aux 12v source. You will want to tap into that. I bought a connector at walmart for a few dollars. This step is also hard to explain, but if you google connecting to an 12v aux power source, you should find some good video. Now connect the black ground wire to something metal. Use black electric tape to secure your wire connection.

3. Now you are ready to rock! Turn on the isimple switch and set to 87.9 or 88.3, which is indicated on the isimple. Now connect your iPod or phone and play music on the predetermined station. The music should be clean and clear.

Feel free to email me or respond to this post with questions. I check this regularly. It is just a shame the instructions are so cryptic. I'm here to help anyone if needed so they don't have to spend all day on this. Cheers
The following users liked this post:
ThomThib (11-29-22)
Old 06-08-13, 10:15 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

It's pretty awesome, right?!? I'm really happy with mine. Did you do the special Y splitter too, or just going to manually switch it if you need to change audio devices?