SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How can I wire my LED to fuse box on sc430 2002

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-13, 02:57 AM
igorxx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I wire my LED to fuse box on sc430 2002

I have seen how to wire to other cars but not the 2002 sc430. Anyone know which fuse or opening to use? I have tried the two open slots but can't get a power reading with acc on.
Old 06-05-13, 08:24 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Why not tap on existing "ON" circuit on ignition (like A/C, Cigarette lighter, for example), LED is not much of a load. Just thinking aloud.
Old 06-05-13, 08:29 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Why not go straight to the battery and use an inline fuse? Then you can either wire a switch by running wires into the cabin or using a wireless 12 volt switch. That way you don't worry about pulling too many amps on an existing fuse. Just a thought.
Old 06-05-13, 09:55 AM
igorxx
Driver

I already have a toggle switch to operate the lights and they are a pain to have to switch it on and off every time
Old 06-05-13, 11:09 AM
V300Graham
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can wire it through the ACC (accessory + ) switching via the ignition wiring loom. No worries about leaving it on then.

How can I wire my LED to fuse box on sc430 2002-hfh3vlp.jpg
Old 06-08-13, 12:46 PM
igorxx
Driver

That sounds good to me. Is this on the outside wall of the drivers side? Can you use an empty slot or attach it to one of the other slots ( wedge a spade connector into it) Which one would you suggest? Thanks
Old 06-08-13, 04:50 PM
igorxx
Driver

V300Graham, where did you get that ACC from?I can't find anything like that under the driver side dash in my car its a 2002
Old 06-08-13, 08:50 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just found what looks like another solution ... i'll try it and post pictures tomorrow. The fuse box near the battery has a 5 amp fuse for the telephone which is not installed on my 2004. So I purchased a special fuse from advanced auto parts that lets you add an accessory to that circuit. There a lead for the hot wire and you ground it anywhere. That should turn the LEDs on when the car is on. Fingers crossed ...
Old 06-09-13, 08:29 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Well I didn't get this done today because it turns out the the LED strips I installed over the lower edge ofnthe headlights don't work. I installed them about two year ago but never got around to doing the wiring - I thought they would last longer. I tested them by connecting directly to the battery... Anyway I'll do more testing and replace them when I can.

I am going to use a fuse tap - Bussmann ATM Fuse Tap - 10 Amps - sold at most Advanced Auto Parts stores and online.

There are several 5 and 10 amp fuses in the block in front of the battery.
Old 06-11-13, 03:50 AM
igorxx
Driver

I tried your solution but I get a reading on the telephone and the horn fuse with the ignition off. What about the fuses on the drivers side inside ? I haven't tried those yet. Are there any more under the hood? I don't have a electrical manual, but I guess I might as well get one soon.
Old 06-13-13, 05:22 AM
igorxx
Driver

I got it to work. plug into the slot beside the H-LPL-L-WR. It only has power with the ignition on. ( The fuse box in front of the battery.)
Old 06-13-13, 09:59 AM
zibby07
Driver School Candidate

Default Connecting LED's to blinker.

Originally Posted by igorxx
I got it to work. plug into the slot beside the H-LPL-L-WR. It only has power with the ignition on. ( The fuse box in front of the battery.)
I was thinking about doing this mod as well however do you or anyone happen to know the functionality of the turn signals?

At the fuse box when the turn signal is triggered does it cause an on signal until the lever is released or does it actually toggle between on and off as is seen in the actual blinkers turning on and off.

I wanted to make it such that the LED turns off when the blinker is initiated (similar to audi), already got a relay switch with multiple channels to handle the left and right portion of it.

At all other times I would tap into the DRL lights so the LED would stay on and perhaps use XOR logic in combination with the blinker.
Old 06-13-13, 12:11 PM
igorxx
Driver

Back to the drawing board. The way I hooked up, the eyebrow LED s are on only when the headlight s are on. So much for that solution.
Old 06-13-13, 06:29 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by igorxx
Fantastic! I'll try that as soon as I replace the strips. I was trying the TEL because my 2004 didnt ever have a phone.

Thanks
Old 06-19-13, 12:18 PM
igorxx
Driver

Wired my LED's to the Radio 2 fuse, using the piggyback buss . The fuse is on the passenger's side kick plate. Fuse is 20Amp and I used a 5 Amp for the pigtail. There is a rubber grommet right behind the battery that you can go through the firewall. On the grommet there is a little nipple that I cut off the tip and threaded the wire through. When I turn on the ignition the LED's come on.

Quick Reply: How can I wire my LED to fuse box on sc430 2002