SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

iSimple Tanszlt versus tape deck to play music? Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-13, 11:08 AM
LexBrett
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default iSimple Tanszlt versus tape deck to play music? Which is better?

Dear Friends,

I'm currently using my tape deck to play music from my iPhone. Today I was reading about the iSimple Tanszlt. It appears I can get good qualiy music through my radio with iSimple.

My question to you all- do you think that it is worth the time and effort to install iSimple Tanszlt? I own a 2002 sc430.

Here is a link to the iSimple Tanszlt:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iSimple-Tr...-iPad/21189447

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-28-13, 12:10 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

The only thing that minimally bothers me about my install with the Tranzit is that we have 2 antennae inputs on the back of our stereo head unit. The Tranzit acts as an interrupter to stop the normal antennae input and take over that channel to broadcast our selected audio player. Since we have 2 antennae inputs, not sure what the result will be. Worst case scenario, I have to unplug the back up FM antennae. I will update as soon as I have more info.
Old 05-28-13, 12:43 PM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I described the best way to get audio into your car here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-a-budget.html

Lower price than your proposed solution, and a lot less complicated.
Old 05-28-13, 01:30 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jasone36
I described the best way to get audio into your car here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-a-budget.html

Lower price than your proposed solution, and a lot less complicated.
This is a great option for stand alone audio from a bluetooth device (iPhone, Android, etc), but for anyone that chooses to run a video unit (ie. NavTool or Naviks + DVD/media player), there will be a delay btn the sound and the video if someone chooses to run the audio via bluetooth. A hardwire audio connection is best for running with video (this includes the aforementioned cassette adapter remedy). I chose the iSimple route b'c i don't like the look of a tape adapter wire running out of my tape deck. That's just my prerogative, I guess. But, I'm also going to add a Bluetooth adapter, just as Jason suggested and for exactly the same reasons.
Old 05-30-13, 07:11 PM
fubie
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had really good luck with Satechi's transmitter. It reads SD card, or takes input from USB or phono jack in addition to Bluetooth. I've tried 2 other transmitters and had the usual complaints about signal strength and interference. The Satechi doesn't have this problem, I'm not sure why. Anyway, it works well for me. I like the SD card option I load tunes for road trips on my laptop and then pop it in the unit. Here's a link.
Amazon.com: Soundfly View Bluetooth FM Transmitter with 2.0 inch Screen, WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Car Charger, iPhone 5 & 4S, iPad 2 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones & Tablets: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Soundfly View Bluetooth FM Transmitter with 2.0 inch Screen, WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Car Charger, iPhone 5 & 4S, iPad 2 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones & Tablets: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 06-01-13, 12:48 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

The Tranzit sounds amazing! So clear, and great sound quality! Yes, it does take more to install it, but well worth it to me, especially with keeping the stock OEM look. And as I stated before, since we have two antennae inputs, it even allows the other FM stations to come in clearly. I just leave mine in the "on" position all the time. Basically I just set my first preset at 87.9 to run my iPod/Media Player/Bluetooth and can still switch to my other FM's station with no reception problems. I'm really happy with this product. It's also helpful that the Tranzit has a gain adjustment b'c running anything through the iPod 30 pin cable and then through the Aux changes the volume levels. It's a good feature to adjust the common volume for all devices that run through it. Just my two cents.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-01-13 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-01-13, 03:05 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The 2 factors that deterred me from installing a wired to antenna FM adaptor like the iSimple Tranzit are;

1) the car's antenna is extended when using it
2) music quality, while good, is better with a direct input via cassette adaptor or something like a VaisTech device.

Look at this link http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...adgets/4307160

I chose to install a Vais Tech SL2U for a direct simulated CD input. I then stowed a Bluetooth adaptor in the glove box so I can use my iPhone wirelessly. Cost was about $250 installed with Bluetooth.

Least expensive, of course, is an inexpensive cassette adaptor for less than $15.

JR

Last edited by FLYCT; 06-01-13 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-01-13, 04:19 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FLYCT
The 2 factors that deterred me from installing a wired to antenna FM adaptor like the iSimple Tranzit are;

1) the car's antenna is extended when using it
2) music quality, while good, is better with a direct input via cassette adaptor or something like a VaisTech device.

Look at this link http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...adgets/4307160

I chose to install a Vais Tech SL2U for a direct simulated CD input. I then stowed a Bluetooth adaptor in the glove box so I can use my iPhone wirelessly. Cost was about $250 installed with Bluetooth.

Least expensive, of course, is an inexpensive cassette adaptor for less than $15.

JR
JR, you are right on the money and great link. I completely agree with you 100%. I just couldn't afford a new VaisTech SL2U in addition to the other add-ons (video, media, new sub, bluetooth) I wanted. If I had the money, def would have gone with VaisTech. Also, I have an unnatural fear of wiring or altering wire harnesses. On the other end of the spectrum, the cassette adapter sounds awesome, of course, but looks tacky. I mean as if it wasn't embarrassing enough to rock a cassette adapter in the 21st century. running a tape adapter reminds me of my '99 Sebring. Might as well start using my walkman and making mix tapes and ditch my iPod. haha.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-01-13 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-01-13, 08:48 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

being using the a cassette adapter since day one...works great and I also use it as bluetooth. Sound quality is depend on the quality of your device & music quality itself.
For $5, no need to mess around with wire & just store it when not use.

All my music in my phone are high quality and its better than the FM/AM radio