SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Just changed out Daytime running lights on my 07 PB

Old 12-23-12, 06:41 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

I am about to pull the trigger on these as well (for iJDMtoy), concerned about them acting as brights and not pumping out enough candle power...but I seldom use brights...

I am going for the whole LED conversion, Parking, Side markers, License, Reverse, Fogs, and DRL/Bright!

Should I pull it?
Old 12-24-12, 01:14 PM
fubie
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Done them all and they DO look better. The parking lights LEDs come out a bit bluer than the HIDs - I wish they were the same color - bright white. But still better than yellow. And the good thing about the brights is that if you don't like them they're about the easiest ones to reach and swap back.
Old 12-25-12, 11:00 AM
mandyfig

How hard are the bulbs to change out? Do they involve tearing down the fender liners?
Old 12-25-12, 08:02 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
How hard are the bulbs to change out? Do they involve tearing down the fender liners?
Go for it - look much better!

For the rears you only have to remove two screws on the fenderliner liner and you can get your hand in there. Same for the front side lights, but for the other lights in the front it was a lot easier for me at least, to drop the front bumper and do them al at the same time. The H3 Fogs are held in with a clip which is almost impossible to do by feel without practice. The driver side DLR LED is also very hard to do with the tight space there.You might want to upgrade the low beam HID's to 6000k so they match the LED color; these are pretty easy to do.
Old 12-26-12, 12:09 PM
mandyfig

Great thanks. Planning on it.
Old 01-05-13, 12:37 PM
b3player
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flickering

I both the same DRL kit with decoders. It seems like they are flickering at idle. Do yours flicker at all? Do you remember installing the red wire from the kit to the white wire on the Lexus harness? Instead of red to red..
Old 01-09-13, 01:28 PM
mandyfig

Should I be concerned that mine will flicker as well?
Old 01-09-13, 02:23 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad that you guys really like those lights!

Originally Posted by Soaryn1981
Why not just get HID's way better and still cheaper than LED's
A quality HID kit is not cheaper than these LEDs.. Plus an HID kit will not work for the daytime running lights for these cars anyway. The daytime running light bulbs are the same as the high beams so they run at half power (6-8v) when on and HID's require a 12v power source to operate correctly.
Old 01-09-13, 09:03 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

I installed the same LED's and decoders for the DLR's and I don't have any flicker.
Old 01-22-13, 09:33 AM
mandyfig

MIne do not have the flicker as well.
Old 01-22-13, 10:15 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Those look so much better. I have them on my LS and it really updates the look of the car.
Old 02-28-13, 06:22 PM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Go for it - look much better!

For the rears you only have to remove two screws on the fenderliner liner and you can get your hand in there. Same for the front side lights, but for the other lights in the front it was a lot easier for me at least, to drop the front bumper and do them al at the same time. The H3 Fogs are held in with a clip which is almost impossible to do by feel without practice. The driver side DLR LED is also very hard to do with the tight space there.You might want to upgrade the low beam HID's to 6000k so they match the LED color; these are pretty easy to do.
I installed these lights today. However, both decoders popped/smoked after a few seconds on high beam surprisingly, the led kept working I am disappointed as i spent nearly an hour or so setting these up after testing the lights. I don't know what happened? I bought the lights from ijdmtoy through amazon. Has any of you experienced any setback with these lights.

Slvbullet: is there a diy for dropping the bumper. I may have to do this to get to all the front lights on my 06 sc430.

Thanks
Old 02-28-13, 07:25 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Options2K - Yes there is a DIY but I have to look for it on my other computer. Will get back to you. Note re. I also bought everything re. lEDs from iJDMToy. Didn't have any problem with the DLRs and decoders but I did have a fog halogen burn out right away and they replaced it quickly with no issues.
Old 02-28-13, 07:44 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Here it is from Talwang - would be a good sticky in the FAQ thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6814328-post9.html

A coulple of things to add ...

1. You might as well upgrade the fog lights too if you drop the bumper. There are white LED options as well as bright then OEM halogen bulbs. i went for bright yellow halogens.

2. If you have to remove the light washer hose either let all the fluid train in a bucket or plu nthe hose with a fat screw.

3. When you reconnect the hoses to the head light washer unit youmhave tompush very hard until you feel a click - it is easy to leave it loose and lose all your fluid.

Last edited by SlvBullet; 02-28-13 at 07:51 PM. Reason: More details
Old 02-28-13, 10:07 PM
Options2k
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Here it is from Talwang - would be a good sticky in the FAQ thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6814328-post9.html

A coulple of things to add ...

1. You might as well upgrade the fog lights too if you drop the bumper. There are white LED options as well as bright then OEM halogen bulbs. i went for bright yellow halogens.

2. If you have to remove the light washer hose either let all the fluid train in a bucket or plu nthe hose with a fat screw.

3. When you reconnect the hoses to the head light washer unit youmhave tompush very hard until you feel a click - it is easy to leave it loose and lose all your fluid.
Thanks SlvBullet. I really appreciate a quick response.

The DIY appears doable. However, is it possible to partially separate the bumper on each side and get the headlight assembly out to change the bulbs Seems like that's what the DIY shows in the top picture. I want to avoid the step of detaching the washer unit! Yes, I would want to change the fog lamps too....but can I change these by just separating the bumper on each side. I guess it will all depend on how much room before the washer unit has to be detached. Please help with this.

Regarding the DRL decoder, any clue why both popped right away? Do these decoders work with the high beam on. Mine went when I turned the high beam on for 10 secs or so. And, why did the LED still kept glowing? Are the decoders simply to keep the voltage constant?

Again any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just changed out Daytime running lights on my 07 PB