SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 01:32 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the kit for sure but i dont know it dosent seem to look like it belongs, is it flush? i agree it looks like it bumps out kinda....hmm makes we want a kit though
Old 09-20-11, 01:36 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You ever had a puncture? Couple years back was walking around Banstead with the missies and saw a silver SC on a driveway nr the Chiltern Church (which I think that pic is their car park) anyway the SC we saw had a space saver spare wheel on it.. was that you?
Old 09-20-11, 01:38 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shopped new wheels in, still dont like the skirt, will see if i still dont like it tomorrow. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66911642@N07/6167429130/
Old 09-20-11, 01:40 PM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the kit would look better if the car was black. I think this because the vents really stand out with a light colored car. In black however, the vents aren't as flashy, which would make it look pretty slick.
Old 09-20-11, 01:44 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by i2fat
I think the kit would look better if the car was black. I think this because the vents really stand out with a light colored car. In black however, the vents aren't as flashy, which would make it look pretty slick.
Yep +1 with a darker colour, could also fill in the side skirt vent and mould the skirt into the surrounding bodywork.
Old 09-20-11, 02:00 PM
tsachiti
Driver

aquanuke, lol, I have only had the sc for 1 month, so sadly no it wasnt myself in banstead. I do live just round the corner from where you were though.

robertrios
the side skirt is not quite flash, I think it makes the car too boy racer for my liking I am going bodyshop to have them fit the old ones to see how it looks then decide based on comparison. Or I may try what aqua suggested. I will be posting loads of pics of this tomorrow
Old 09-20-11, 07:49 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

i got one question why did you put the yellow sidemarkers on the rear of the car?and why didnt you have him fill in the gap and not have the sidemarker light?
Old 09-21-11, 12:41 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by irokdastar
i got one question why did you put the yellow sidemarkers on the rear of the car?and why didnt you have him fill in the gap and not have the sidemarker light?
Stock car comes with orange side markers.

For a car to legally be on the road here in the UK, once a year, it has to go get tested for something called M.O.T. These are a series of tests that if any are failed, you wont get the certificate, which means you cant get road tax which means you are flagged to get pulled over by police and potentially get your car seized and crushed.

The Criteria for M.O.T or being road worthy is.

* rear Fob Lights,
*Rear reflectors working at 35 watts
*Rear Reverse ligts working at 35 watts
indicators, wipers, no excessive rust, emissions, brakes, handbrakes, tyres being of a certain thread etc

The short answer is, they came stock but if i remove, i have to put a red or orange sticker or something else thats a reflector.
Old 09-21-11, 01:10 AM
tsachiti
Driver

Originally Posted by WIL44
Hi tsachiti

As a fellow Londoner, I had much the same problem looking for wheels in the UK.

I searched ebay for ages until I found what I was looking for. Unfortunately the company I got mine from in Scotland have gone now.
You would probably want something more aggressive than me anyway with the body kit you are using (great job by the way).
Mine were just under £1000 with Avon tyres and I am very pleased with them.

Good luck with your search.

Best regards
Steve
Thank you for sharing.

I do like your wheels and the blue calipers, awesome stuff. I am making good progres, I at least now know the style that I like. The car is getting there soon, Having a couple of the mods removed though as its too boy race for my liking.
Old 09-21-11, 01:18 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

If you filled in the skirt and blended it in at all the joins would look even better then the stock picture.

I know blending fibreglass to metal is a PITA but I reckon that would look really nice. You keep the line at the back of the side skirt that follows on from the front bumper and everything is level along the bottom.
Old 09-21-11, 08:47 AM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tsachiti
Stock car comes with orange side markers.

For a car to legally be on the road here in the UK, once a year, it has to go get tested for something called M.O.T. These are a series of tests that if any are failed, you wont get the certificate, which means you cant get road tax which means you are flagged to get pulled over by police and potentially get your car seized and crushed.

The Criteria for M.O.T or being road worthy is.

* rear Fob Lights,
*Rear reflectors working at 35 watts
*Rear Reverse ligts working at 35 watts
indicators, wipers, no excessive rust, emissions, brakes, handbrakes, tyres being of a certain thread etc

The short answer is, they came stock but if i remove, i have to put a red or orange sticker or something else thats a reflector.
oh ok i didnt know your in the uk. wow thats a harsh inspection. btw get us some more pictures!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-11, 11:33 AM
tsachiti
Driver

oh ok i didnt know your in the uk. wow thats a harsh inspection. btw get us some more pictures!!!!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66911642@N07/6169566343/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66911642@N07/6170104526/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66911642@N07/6169644177/
Old 09-21-11, 12:13 PM
irokdastar
Pole Position

Look good but the kit in the picture shows a fog light in the lower grill how come you didnt add it? btw what year is your car?
Old 09-21-11, 12:26 PM
tsachiti
Driver

Look good but the kit in the picture shows a fog light in the lower grill how come you didnt add it? btw what year is your car?

The kit didn't come with a fog light holder which meant having to make one, The body shop didnt have the skillset to undertake the task.so i thought , better to leave it.

I have removed the side skits and the back bumper, they were too much for me, a little too boy racer for my liking.. will prob put them on ebay half price later.

Will add a few more pics once final touches are complete

I saw aquanukes car today in person.. OMG. that car is something else, totally stunning.
Old 09-21-11, 01:12 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Quick Reply: Getting A New Body Kit ( Entire Process Detailed )