SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-02, 11:26 AM
rscharf
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tinted window up with roof down pic

I have a picture with my window up and the roof down in this previous thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=51610

It's grey tint, but I don't know the details other than it's a sun blocking tint. My back window is a shade darker. I thought about going with a bronze, but the person who tinted my car advised me against it. I can't remember his rationale for not recommending the bronze tint. With the Egyptian Sand exterior, I thought it might look good.

Robert
Old 07-27-03, 02:54 PM
ekovalsky
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tinting on an SC430

I'm picking up my black/ecru SC on Tuesday morning. I was planning on having the windows tinted but the dealer made me think twice about it, saying the car might look funny with the roof down and windows up. But, since I live Arizona, it may be necessary. I told him I'd let him know tomorrow, and if I want it they will do it.

Any other black SC owners tint their windows, and if so how do you think it looks???

Old 07-27-03, 06:20 PM
ron36330
Pole Position

Default ekovalsky

I have a "Real Red" and I have tinted the windows. I think it looks great and have had many compliments on the appearance. I can't comment about driving w/top down and windows up as I always have both down or both up.
Good luck with the SC mine has been trouble free.
Ron
Old 07-27-03, 06:54 PM
bsjoiner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a blaclk/saddle and have all windows tinted 20%. It looks great and it keeps the car much cooler. I never drive with the top down and windows up but i dont think that it would look bad. The car does look awsome with the balck paint and black windows though when the top is up.
Old 07-27-03, 08:01 PM
ekovalsky
Rookie

thanks for the replies. i called the dealer and told him to go ahead with the street legal tint. its just too hot here in the summer not to do it, and i agree that with the top down the windows will be hidden in the door.

Old 07-27-03, 08:33 PM
XeetBMW330ci
Rookie

My stepfather got 20% all around. Click here to see pics.
Old 07-27-03, 10:27 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Good move. It IS necessary. Noticable difference between sun coming in from the front and the tinted sides. I did it and think it makes the car look even better, not to mention how much better the interior will look years from now with the protection....
Old 10-09-03, 07:20 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

Question Window tint for Indigo Blue?

Can anyone with a Blue SC with tinted windows share what they chose: color, %, etc. Please post a picture.

I want to find a good shop and have mine tinted for the Fl sun.

Thanks
Old 10-19-03, 07:55 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

I am in the same boat. I am going to get the windows tinted on Friday. i am also getting the Armorglove put on at the same time. I am going with 35%.
I hear that is suppose to be the legal limit. I would also like to see any pics. Indigo/saddle.
I hear that the interioir color plays a big role when choosing the tint percentage.

I will post pics after next week.
Old 10-20-03, 12:08 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

Hey GL,

Great! I'm looking forward to the pics. I called a local shop but haven't had time to stop by to see their products although they quoted me around $140.00.

Who is installing your Armorglove?

Michael
Old 10-20-03, 03:41 PM
GLGTOY
Rookie

No, I am going to go to Tehnik Detail in the City. He is the next closest installer in my area. I should have pictures by next week. The mods have started. ( simple mods )
Old 10-20-03, 08:56 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd put 'light smoke' in 35%. It'll look awesome; the tint takes over the color of the car. The 35% has the same UV protection as the darkest color; the only difference is the amount of light passing thru it. With the 35%, which I've been using forever here in hot Texas, you can perfectly see inside the car, and it won't reflect anything at night. But roll down the window with the sun shining on your side and you'll feel like if somebody put a torch on you. The A/C works much better too, and you'll be amazed how cooler the car is inside when sitting in the sun with the windows closed. Oh, and don't use any metallic colors, because it'll interfere with the navigation.

The only instance I'd use the light bronze is on the egyptian pearl color, and possibly the white/saddle combo.

Later
Old 10-26-03, 05:48 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

I took your advice ELP_JC, I went with 35% on all sides and 20% on Back.
Pictures taken on a very cloudy morning / no sun at all. i also had armorglove installed on fron Bumper, hood, wings, side mirrors and part of rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)-tint1.jpg  

Last edited by GLGTOY; 10-26-03 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-26-03, 05:48 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Attached Thumbnails The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)-tint2.jpg  
Old 10-26-03, 05:49 AM
GLGTOY
Rookie

Attached Thumbnails The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)-tint3.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Mother of All SC430 Tint Threads (merged tint discussion and pictures)