Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-17, 12:57 PM
Debs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth, Backup Cam

Originally Posted by jzdulexus
For the backup cam you need the cam like this and Naviks module. And for bluetooth (media connection and other expansion) you need Grom module.
JZDULEXUS, thank you for the info! This audio co. here in CO which has received numerous great reviews, wants to charge me $2,500 to change out the radio for a Kenwood (or Pioneer) (since they can't do what I want done with the Levenson in there now, Bluetooth, front and rear cameras, (keep Navigation in there), Car-Play (Apple),and finally- a fuzz buster that works with laser, etc. That's a lot of money. Can you or anyone recommend how I can do this cheaper??? JZDULEXUS suggests Backup and Bluetooth ideas but I am not very good with mechanical parts, so who else can I go to for the installation? Best Buy would have to take out my Navigation, but they can then do the radio (either Pioneer or Kenwood) there, both Cameras, and Bluetooth - for about $1,200. There's an company out of Florida that sells a Kit -Iphone Mirror System for about $900 + ($650 ish to install), which I would have to do here, and Bluetooth about $400 installed (not sure how much of that is installation). So, that's about $2000. Any suggestions from those of you that have had these done?? Thanks much!
Old 10-10-17, 01:39 PM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

If you have a 2008SC then IMO you should NOT replace the radio with an aftermarket model. The 2008 build in radio has interface with Nav unit, steering column, amplifiers, automatic radio antenna and it has the ability to add media bluetooth, satellite radio, HD radio and GBs of MP3 music etc. If you put in a Kenwood/Pioneer you will lose many of these interfaces. In fact a 2006+ factory radio costs far more than any aftermarket model if you look at dealership catalog or on ebay. So it makes little sense to go thru all the trouble only to end up with a cheaper alternative. For the upgrades you are talking about Grom $140, Naviks $180 and Backup cam $30, it is about $350 plus the labor and they would make a HUGE difference in the car. It is the matter of finding someone who can do the installation. Unfortunately, most shops know far less about the car than many on this board. And they will try to sell you options that are way too expensive but only the ones they know how to install.

Last edited by jzdulexus; 10-10-17 at 01:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Debs (10-10-17)
Old 10-23-17, 06:20 PM
NCBill
Driver School Candidate

Just signed on. I'm shopping for a 2006 or newer SC to replace my older Miata. Hoping to learn what to avoid, what to look for, and what is a reasonable price to pay. A friend has a 2007 Pebble Beach which introduced me to SCs.
Old 10-23-17, 07:04 PM
hoffy5
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What year and color is your Miata?

Bill,

This is the best place to start: Buying a SC430? SC430 Buyer's Guide-What to Look for When Buying a pre-owned SC430 under Stickies!

Bob
Old 12-05-17, 10:16 AM
ptung07
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Just purchased a 2005 Red SC430 with 35,000 miles on it! In excellent condition and very excited!
Old 12-08-17, 01:31 AM
MH6878
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New member

Hello.

1. Egyptian Sand Pearl
2. Saddle Interior color
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson)
4. Standard options
5. No modifications
6. Previously bought a 1991 Honda Prelude new and drove it for 263000 miles before it was stolen.
7. US
8. Will take pics later.

Car has not been washed.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-20171208_115121_hdr.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-20171208_115148_hdr.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-20171208_120506_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by MH6878; 01-04-18 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Attaching pix. Car has not been washed.
Old 12-11-17, 10:50 PM
MrCocopuff
Driver School Candidate

Default New SC430 owner

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around this site for a while, SC430 has been one of my personal dream cars and I've finally picked on up.
1. Exterior color: Silver
2. Interior color: Black
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson): Yes
4. Other major options or packages:
Not sure of what was considered standard and optional for this model.
5. Any modifications:
Upgraded wheels, looking at 20" staggered.
Upgrade stereo to a touchscreen (considering Android Auto)
Coil-overs and slightly lowered.
Front lip.
Tint windows.
New antenna, the one that's on it is bent so it doesn't go down all the way.
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
A little backstory, my previous car (and still own) is a 91 Honda CRX HF with 350,000 miles. That car still runs great and everything works, even the AC is the original R12. Long story short, my wife agreed that my car was never going to die so we decided I get to get a new daily driver. I'm not really into going into debt so I tried to find something I could pay cash for. This car is the cleanest car I've seen for a 2002 with 190,000 miles. I was told by the dealer that it was a one owner car and the Car Fax shows its had service done every few thousand miles at the dealer it was purchased. The interior is in perfect condition, I don't even think the lady rested her arm on the armrest. It does have a couple of issues that I'm hoping to tackle. The VSC OFF light stayed on but tonight it turned off all of the sudden, not sure what's going on there. I absolutely love this car. It is so nice to drive and everyone I show it to the first thing they ask is "what is it?" and then they tell me how bad they want one. My personal goal is to do as much work on this car myself as I can so I'll be checking back often to learn from fellow SC430 owners. This is a picture of our first ride home after filling up.

Old 12-12-17, 02:36 AM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCocopuff
Hello everyone, I've been lurking around this site for a while, SC430 has been one of my personal dream cars and I've finally picked on up.
1. Exterior color: Silver
2. Interior color: Black
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson): Yes
4. Other major options or packages:
Not sure of what was considered standard and optional for this model.
5. Any modifications:
Upgraded wheels, looking at 20" staggered.
Upgrade stereo to a touchscreen (considering Android Auto)
Coil-overs and slightly lowered.
Front lip.
Tint windows.
New antenna, the one that's on it is bent so it doesn't go down all the way.
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
A little backstory, my previous car (and still own) is a 91 Honda CRX HF with 350,000 miles. That car still runs great and everything works, even the AC is the original R12. Long story short, my wife agreed that my car was never going to die so we decided I get to get a new daily driver. I'm not really into going into debt so I tried to find something I could pay cash for. This car is the cleanest car I've seen for a 2002 with 190,000 miles. I was told by the dealer that it was a one owner car and the Car Fax shows its had service done every few thousand miles at the dealer it was purchased. The interior is in perfect condition, I don't even think the lady rested her arm on the armrest. It does have a couple of issues that I'm hoping to tackle. The VSC OFF light stayed on but tonight it turned off all of the sudden, not sure what's going on there. I absolutely love this car. It is so nice to drive and everyone I show it to the first thing they ask is "what is it?" and then they tell me how bad they want one. My personal goal is to do as much work on this car myself as I can so I'll be checking back often to learn from fellow SC430 owners. This is a picture of our first ride home after filling up.
Welcome to Club Lexus.
you found a nice 2002
how much did you pay?
good job paying cash!!!

as you know, plenty of maintenance information here!
Old 12-12-17, 10:34 PM
MrCocopuff
Driver School Candidate

I picked it up for $4500. It has a salvage title only because the driver side fender was hit. The hood and front bumper are stock and no damage to the frame. I guess the mileage was too high for insurance to fix so they totaled it.
Old 12-28-17, 12:17 PM
bgeeez
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey all, just bought my 2006 sc430 the other day. not new to lexus as i had a 97 sc400 years ago, and my mom has an 08 rx400h and a new nx hybrid.

this sc430 was a one owner car, corporate registration, 96k miles. $15k. all stock besides these TRD chrome wheels that I am not too fond of, but apparently they are discontinued and pretty rare.

im currently looking for some stock wheels to replace these TRD ones if anyone is interested in them.

also want a backup cam that i can hook up to the factory screen.

so far ive enjoyed this car a lot. not as sporty feeling as the 97 SC, but this one is so smooth on the road and looks way better. really happy with my purchase.

looking forward to many years with this car!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-sc430-1-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-sc430-2-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-trd-wheels-6-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-trd-wheels-1-.jpg  
Old 12-28-17, 02:54 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

Welcome to the forum bgeez & MrCocopuff. It looks like you got good deals.
Old 12-28-17, 09:54 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by bgeeez
Hey all, just bought my 2006 sc430 the other day. not new to lexus as i had a 97 sc400 years ago, and my mom has an 08 rx400h and a new nx hybrid.

this sc430 was a one owner car, corporate registration, 96k miles. $15k. all stock besides these TRD chrome wheels that I am not too fond of, but apparently they are discontinued and pretty rare.

im currently looking for some stock wheels to replace these TRD ones if anyone is interested in them.

also want a backup cam that i can hook up to the factory screen.

so far ive enjoyed this car a lot. not as sporty feeling as the 97 SC, but this one is so smooth on the road and looks way better. really happy with my purchase.

looking forward to many years with this car!
....great looking car, I love that color !!
Old 01-10-18, 12:09 PM
FRISK
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PEBBLE BEACH EDITION 1 of 400

*Pebble Beach Edition* (1 of 400 Made)

Hey guys, I Flew from New York to Dayton Ohio just to purchased this 2007 WHITE WITH RED INTERIOR SC 430 I Paid $24,900 which is in great condition, it has 53,000 Fully Loaded With Mark Levinson. It Only Had One Owner, the only problem is she didn’t Replace the timing belt & Water Pump. So I’m gonna take care of that ASAP.....I drove 12Hrs back home, what a great drive in this car. when I got home i went in the glove box & found the all manuals in new condition & I also found the original STICKER PRICE LABEL.

Last edited by FRISK; 02-12-18 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added pic
The following users liked this post:
TitanG545 (07-13-20)
Old 01-10-18, 03:18 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by MH6878
Hello.

1. Egyptian Sand Pearl
2. Saddle Interior color
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson)
4. Standard options
5. No modifications
6. Previously bought a 1991 Honda Prelude new and drove it for 263000 miles before it was stolen.
7. US
8. Will take pics later.

Car has not been washed.
....good looking car !!!
Old 01-10-18, 05:11 PM
bgeeez
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jzdulexus
For the backup cam you need the cam like this and Naviks module. And for bluetooth (media connection and other expansion) you need Grom module.
so for this the naviks says plug+play, but then also says splicing is required for back up camera. is there a write up on how to install these?

otherwise thinking about replacing the headunit with a screen and doing backup camera that way.

i have an 06 btw

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread