Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Catdaddy
1. Exterior color: Black
2. Interior color: Cream
3. Audio options: Mark Levinson
4. Any modifications: Stock
5. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
6. State which city/country your representing: Tennessee

2002 SC430, bought with 93K miles, only paid $7K. No major problems, been serviced at Lexus dealerships its whole life and only driven 6K miles in the last 4 years. Drives like a dream!

.....car looks great & sounds like you got yourself a great deal
The following users liked this post:
VintageSC (02-14-20)
Old 04-25-17, 06:19 AM
ad5050
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

White, Cream Interior, ML sound system, everything stock. 2003 with 150k miles. First Lexus. Always been a Honda driver (SUV's, minivans). First convertible car, first sports car. So much fun! My other car is a minivan. In GA so it's perfect with lots of top down days.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread-0j1b1016.jpg  
Old 04-25-17, 09:50 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Looks good, whereabouts in GA? Do you like the pieplates (Rims)? You can purchase the 5 Spoke version where you just replace the center cap. Much more pleasing to the eyes.
KingSC430 (03-23-24)
Old 04-25-17, 10:37 AM
platinum69
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ad5050 very cool car.
ad5050 (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 06:21 PM
Catdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Looks good, whereabouts in GA? Do you like the pieplates (Rims)? You can purchase the 5 Spoke version where you just replace the center cap. Much more pleasing to the eyes.
Would never trade what you referred to as pieplate rims. I like them and they're very unique to this model/yr. If they didn't shine/were made out of cheaper material, probably would agree with you though.
Absred02 (10-17-20)
Old 04-25-17, 06:33 PM
ad5050
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do want to switch out the rims at some point. I don't like the rims on there now.

I'm in the suburbs of Atlanta. There is actually another white SC that I saw the other day driving around as I was driving around.
Old 04-27-17, 02:36 PM
mandyfig

What suburb? I am in Marietta. I do have a White SC. I see SC's all the time and I try to see who is driving...
Old 04-27-17, 02:38 PM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by Catdaddy
1. Exterior color: Black
2. Interior color: Cream
3. Audio options: Mark Levinson
4. Any modifications: Stock
5. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lex owner, etc)
6. State which city/country your representing: Tennessee

2002 SC430, bought with 93K miles, only paid $7K. No major problems, been serviced at Lexus dealerships its whole life and only driven 6K miles in the last 4 years. Drives like a dream!

$7,000 in US Dollars? How did you manage to steal this car?

Great find.
Old 04-27-17, 04:20 PM
Catdaddy
Driver School Candidate

$7,000 in US Dollars? How did you manage to steal this car?

Great find.
Well, it was $10K, HOWEVER, I sold my old Altima for $3.5K, so it's actually only $6.5K out of pocket.
Old 04-27-17, 04:32 PM
Catdaddy
Driver School Candidate

TBH, I didn't even know the SC430 existed until I tried out "less-luxury" makes such as the Nissan 350Z, BMW Z4, Audi A4, and even the Volvo C70. This was the only car that matched all my requirements: Reliable (Toyota Engine, can't get much more reliable than that), Under 100K miles, $10k or less, but the major reason... I'm 6ft 4in with boots on and that extra row of seats gives me the room I need not only to sit comfortably, but provides extra storage, which none of the other coupes in this class can match.
KingSC430 (03-23-24)
Old 04-29-17, 03:51 PM
SkySoulMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New SC430 Owner: 06 with 66k miles

New SC430 Owner! Having so much fun...

1. Exterior color: Twilight Amethyst Pearl
2. Interior color: Ecru
3. Audio options (Mark Levinson): ML Sound System
4. Other major options or packages
5. Any modifications: None yet. Interested in connecting iPhone to Nav Screen & adding a back up camera.
6. Anything you want to mention: 2006 with 66,000 miles
Old 05-20-17, 09:10 PM
RichardMor
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

First post on this forum, but have spent many hours reading. Our search culminated in the purchase of an 06 Matador Red, Saddle interior, 113k miles and surprisingly immaculate (for so many miles) - in Port Ludlow, WA. Been looking for over a month and widened our search to include all States west of Texas, north to Washington. Found an 03 in San Diego with 63K but some body scraps. Both cars were $13K. We chose the 06, even with the miles, because of our confidence in Toyota's quality. (I've had a Tundra P/U for years.) We plan to take a road trip that may encompass most the USA and 2-3 months. Very excited about this purchase. My wife and I used to own a Cadillac Allante and we drove it from Seattle to Calgary thru the Canadian Rockies. That trip was one of the most enjoyable vacations we ever experienced (top down driving + incredible scenery + great car = good times). We live outside Seattle.

Old 05-21-17, 03:58 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardMor
First post on this forum, but have spent many hours reading. Our search culminated in the purchase of an 06 Matador Red, Saddle interior, 113k miles and surprisingly immaculate (for so many miles) - in Port Ludlow, WA. Been looking for over a month and widened our search to include all States west of Texas, north to Washington. Found an 03 in San Diego with 63K but some body scraps. Both cars were $13K. We chose the 06, even with the miles, because of our confidence in Toyota's quality. (I've had a Tundra P/U for years.) We plan to take a road trip that may encompass most the USA and 2-3 months. Very excited about this purchase. My wife and I used to own a Cadillac Allante and we drove it from Seattle to Calgary thru the Canadian Rockies. That trip was one of the most enjoyable vacations we ever experienced (top down driving + incredible scenery + great car = good times). We live outside Seattle.

Looks great! Kept in very good shape it seems! Seats look great. You'll surely enjoy the road trip. On a side note, the Lexus wheel upside down instinctively made me of think of someone flying an American flag inverted (meaning extreme danger/dire emergency); which we might see in the near future with the way US Politics are progressing (I'm just joking. Maybe? No, just kidding, or am I? But seriously... ). Go figure.
Old 05-22-17, 12:02 AM
RichardMor
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks! Haven't found a single defect in the interior. Seems unbelievable for this age/mileage. Gonna detail the exterior to make that cranberry pop (okay, Matador Red Mica).
Regarding the logo on the steering wheel being upside down, I swear I wasn't trying to use some subtle psychosomatic suggestion ... or was I and just didn't know ... mind control ... who's in control
It's a good thing we have these cars to focus on cause the politics in this country can certainly cause depression.
Couple other issues we hope to address pretty quickly:
1. I guess I have not yet found the definitive post on how to swap out the stock radio for a 2-DIN CarPlay audio system - that utilizes the steering wheel controls and the nav display. Still searching.
2. Maximizing storage: maybe a tonneau type cover for the back seat to keep some things underneath; soft luggage to cram as much as possible in the trunk plus anywhere else we can find.
If we attempt to drive in this for 2-3 months, we're gonna have to learn to live frugally cause we can't take too much with us.
We finally have some decent weather in the Seattle area. Just meant for cruisin the mountains & valleys with the top down. Life is good. Need to acclimate ourselves to this car, right!
Having spent 30-40 hours reading posts on this forum, I think it's going to be enjoyable becoming a participating member.
Old 05-23-17, 10:46 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
the steering wheel logo looks correct to me!
it is only upside down because the steering wheel is turned that way!
or did I miss the humor?
Yup, I was just joking.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! SC430 owner roll call & member introduction thread