SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

scdroptop spotted in the wild

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-11, 07:00 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Today while at work, I think I saw scdroptop driving by. I work in the Hall Office Park in Frisco right across the highway from Ikea. It was between 10am-2pm that I saw the car go by.

I know it's you Derek; I have an eye for you now my good sir. Sorry no pictures though since I didn't have time to grab a camera of any sort.
Old 01-14-11, 10:54 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Huy-wasn't me...LOL

I was in Houston and New Orleans all week. I did drive her a little yeserday to Starbucks and the gym, but that's it...both of those off hebron close to where we both live.

If you want to see me that bad, you can just make an appointment.
Old 01-14-11, 10:55 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Are you sure it wasn't your wife driving your car ?
Old 01-14-11, 11:16 AM
scdroptop

Positive...she is not allowed hehe never has driven ANY of my 20+ sports cars since we've been married 12 years. She calls them all "fake cars" because they are either too small or too rough or have only two doors, etc etc.
Old 01-14-11, 11:39 AM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I owe you guys so if I have to drive the farthest I will!!!

Seems like the SC members are fairly divided in DFW on location...we have Denton/Frisco/Carrollton/Plano areas, then we have a couple in Arlington. We haven't heard from PlanoBill and some others...Texas83??? LexusinTexas? LSin75075 (Jacob) I know would want to join us if he is available.

We should have a LED tailight workshop or DRL upgrade workshop or aluminum pedal workshop at someone's house that's close to the meet up. I would be glad to provide instruction and assist with any/all of these mods if you guys want to buy the parts and have them ready...that would be VERY cool. I can host at my house...I've got a 3-car garage and a large rear loading driveway that could fit about 5-6 cars total probably.

Or...we can have a detail day with Zaino products???
Yo Dallas SC430 squad, take your show on the road and come to Colorado for your workshop. I need all those mods and would love instruction on how to do it myself to make it meaningful. I am a financial analyst, not very car centric. I did the TPMS mod and walked around the house with my chest out, like I was the shissnizz. Took me 20 min, so I know I took the longest to perform this mod BUT I got it done and I feel proud no clips broken.

Come to Colorado, you all can use my garage and my house for lodging. We can drive the mountain tours (Pikes Peak, Glennwood Canyon, White Sand Dunes, etc...) I have the 2006+ tails boxed, sitting in my garage. The (L) aluminum pedals came yesterday. Stacked the box next to the LED tails. Waiting.....
Old 01-14-11, 11:43 AM
scdroptop

BlaqIce-I cover John Elway State for my sales region...I have a rep in Denver. Would love to help out...usually when I go out there I stay downtown at the Westin. Maybe we could hook up sometime and I'd be glad to help you. I'll PM you next time I'm out there and free in the evening.
Old 01-14-11, 12:01 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

That is fantastic....Let me know what you'd like for dinner and I can get the grill goin'.
Old 01-14-11, 03:18 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Are the Dallas folks allow to rent scdroptop out to other SCers? We can charge a fee and/or donations to fund our meetup.
Old 01-14-11, 04:30 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by huy33
Are the Dallas folks allow to rent scdroptop out to other SCers? We can charge a fee and/or donations to fund our meetup.
Now that would be BIG PIMPIN!
Old 01-15-11, 10:52 AM
scdroptop

hehehe funny

Seriously I think it would be a blast to get together (I am volunteering to be the site) at one of our houses/garages and take the day to do some DIY upgrades like pedals, tails, DRL upgrades, K&N filters, cabin filters, nav disks, whatever...easy stuff.

Maybe even a vais system...I'd feel comfortable assisting after I watched the guy at sewell take mine apart.

maybe some detailing too, car care tips and tricks I'll supply the wire wheel brushes out and the fishing line, q-tips and old toothbrushes to really do it up!

then take some prom pics together with the cars and enjoy!
Old 01-16-11, 03:15 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Party at scdroptop's house!!!

I'll bring the steaks if you have a grill.
Old 01-17-11, 09:13 AM
dag8882
Driver

hehehe funny

Seriously I think it would be a blast to get together (I am volunteering to be the site) at one of our houses/garages and take the day to do some DIY upgrades like pedals, tails, DRL upgrades, K&N filters, cabin filters, nav disks, whatever...easy stuff.

Maybe even a vais system...I'd feel comfortable assisting after I watched the guy at sewell take mine apart.

maybe some detailing too, car care tips and tricks I'll supply the wire wheel brushes out and the fishing line, q-tips and old toothbrushes to really do it up!

then take some prom pics together with the cars and enjoy!
Hope y'all don't mind me inviting myself but this sounds like a great idea. Think Id probably have the furthest driving time from Laredo to Dallas Tx (about 7hrs) but it sounds like a great time & definitely would be worth it IMO. keep me posted on whatever y'all decide. best of luck to every1 in 2011.

Dave

-Dave
Old 01-17-11, 01:12 PM
scdroptop

Wow! That would be incredible if you made it in for that! Can you bring me a La Palaterra from Laredo? They have the best ice cream, fruit juice, bars, etc.
Old 01-17-11, 01:13 PM
scdroptop

If you guys want (we definitely need good planning on this), I could arrange to see if Detail Werkz (Brian) would do a group DFW Lexus SC deal for us and do some mobile detailing too at our mini-meet. He said he has done this before locally with other car groups.
Old 01-17-11, 04:06 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Huy-wasn't me...LOL
You're right!!! It was another guy that had a 2005 PB. I saw him again during lunch today. I don't think he had the LED tailight conversion but he did have the black emblems and after-market rims.

There's a total of 5 SC430 in our office park but the place is huge. I'm going to have my phone camera with me at all times now so I can catch the other PB.

If you guys want (we definitely need good planning on this), I could arrange to see if Detail Werkz (Brian) would do a group DFW Lexus SC deal for us and do some mobile detailing too at our mini-meet. He said he has done this before locally with other car groups.
I'm not bringing my sleeping bag

Quick Reply: scdroptop spotted in the wild