SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LuxLink and 2006 SC -- can't lock and walk away because doors unlock when top closes

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-10, 01:26 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default LuxLink and 2006 SC -- can't lock and walk away because doors unlock when top closes

At the end of the LuxLink cycle, it simulates a door open/close to turn off the headlights. At that point, my doors unlock. This means I cannot lock and walk away.

I know Habious and some others are able to just lock and walk away while the top closes and the doors unlock.

Maybe this is because I have some weird CBEST setting or maybe it is because I have an 2006. I wrote to Steve at LuxLink and he responded that he had no idea why this would be happening.

If anyone has a 2006 or later and LuxLink, I'd be interested in whether this behavior is the same for you.

Or if anyone have an idea what CBEST setting could be causing this, I'm definitely all ears.

Thanks!
Old 03-21-10, 04:33 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Solution-for you too I hope

Mine won't either, but I am able to use the power door lock switch on the drivers door. Works every time. When I park, I hit the dash button twice and power lock the door before I close it. The top closes and windows close as I walk away and it locks every time, but with the power lock switch. THE BEST MOD EVER!!!
Old 03-21-10, 05:01 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi Johnny

Mine works the same as yours. In fact Steve told me that when you close the top double click. the door will stay open. He told me you can manually lock it as you close the door. I do that. I never tryed to use the power door lock. I will try that and see if it works.. Mine is a 2005
Old 03-22-10, 07:18 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I had this problem originally...

ORIGINAL

Double-touch the ""Close" button, take the key out, open the door, lock the door (via the lock button on the door), close the door.

When the cycle finished and the engine shut off, the doors would unlock.

I took it to the dealer and had one of the CBEST settings changed (Can't remember exactly which one but I think it was the "unlock both doors when opening the driver's door" or something like that). Once that was changed to "Don't do anything"...

NOW

I double-touch the ""Close" button, take the key out, open the door, lock the door (via the lock button on the door), close the door...and walk away. When the cycle completes and the engine shuts off, I see the dome lights come on for about a second and then go back off...doors remain locked.

I do this all the time. I'm hardly ever in the car when the cycle completes.

A word of warning on this...YOU MUST DO THIS IN SEQUENCE.

If you get out of sequence...for example...If you're parked in an underground parking garage (where your headlights are on) and you open the door FIRST, then double-touch the close button, take the key out, lock door (via door button), close door, and walk away...you will return in a few hours to a car with a dead battery.

My wife did this to our car.

I make it a point to double-touch the button...wait for the "bing" to know that the cycle has started and that the LuxLink has taken over control...THEN take the key out, open the door, lock, etc.