SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Quarter Window mod.. again

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 10:24 AM
R052822
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quarter Window mod.. again

Yes I want to modify the qwindows on my SC too.

I made myself this wire diagram but is only for me to check if I am doing right.
The drawing is in Adobe pfd format. If the pfd reader is maximalised you can change the view by pushing the page down button.
First view is the normal wiring, factory no mods
The second view is the extra relays but the computer has the controls.
Third and forth view is up and down with a button and the computer is disconnected from de system.
This drawing is only the basic principals. For in the car I need relays with dual contacts.
All the forum post about the quarter window mods show how to wire the relays but not the basics.

So tell me. Am I right or wrong....

Then I have to find a small button
Then I have to find the relays
Then I have to find the relay sockets
Then I have to find the location of the computer
Then I have to find the connector on the computer
Then I have to find a location for the button (maybe the coin locker)
Then the cutting of the wires ......

GReeTZ Willem
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
qwindows.pdf (26.4 KB, 450 views)
Old 04-26-09, 11:45 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Rexio

If you want the quarter window mod . There are full instructions form a member that made up the relays and explains how to do it . He had to install a seperate switch to opperate the rear quarter windows . I believe he set it up so both windows went up or down at teh same time. You hav eno independent contorl of each one Its all or nothing

I installed the luxlink remote start remote top and the 1/4 window mod. The unit offered form luxury motor works Is a re branded rear window deviev that can control up to 4 windows. The reason I got the unit from luxury motor works is because There are no seprate switches to install The rear quarter windows are controlled
by tripple clicking down the drivers side front window switch Then the rear 1/4 windows go down.

Buddy
The following users liked this post:
Eathon (11-20-20)
Old 04-26-09, 05:46 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
Is a re branded rear window device that can control up to 4 windows. The reason I got the unit from luxury motor works is because There are no seprate switches to install The rear quarter windows are controlled by triple clicking down the drivers side front window switch Then the rear 1/4 windows go down.
Yeah, why re-invent the wheel? I think many generic window controllers would work. Mostly they are sold for use with alarm systems so that when the alarm is armed the windows go up.
Old 04-27-09, 10:48 AM
R052822
Rookie

Rexio

If you want the quarter window mod . There are full instructions form a member that made up the relays and explains how to do it . He had to install a seperate switch to opperate the rear quarter windows . I believe he set it up so both windows went up or down at teh same time. You hav eno independent contorl of each one Its all or nothing

I installed the luxlink remote start remote top and the 1/4 window mod. The unit offered form luxury motor works Is a re branded rear window deviev that can control up to 4 windows. The reason I got the unit from luxury motor works is because There are no seprate switches to install The rear quarter windows are controlled
by tripple clicking down the drivers side front window switch Then the rear 1/4 windows go down.

Buddy

Luxlink sound not bad, no extra drilling no extra switches... but on the luxlink site I can not found anything about the 1/4 window mod.
Is it built in into the luxlink module?
I think a can not use the remote starter because "press the lock button 2 times" will trigger the panic alarm far as I know.
So I think I need the remote top module only....

GReeTZ Willem
Old 04-27-09, 02:59 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rexio
Luxlink sound not bad, no extra drilling no extra switches... but on the luxlink site I can not found anything about the 1/4 window mod.
Is it built in into the luxlink module?
I think a can not use the remote starter because "press the lock button 2 times" will trigger the panic alarm far as I know.
So I think I need the remote top module only....

GReeTZ Willem
Luxlink remote start remote top = 350.00
lux link rebranded 1/4 window mod = 150.00

installation cost Depends where you are or do it your self

Luxury motor works does not sell the 1/4 window mod seperate . You might call and ask them but when I installed my luxlink remote start and remote top The 1/4 window mod is controlled by tripple clicking the drivers side down window switch. It works with the main luxlink module that installs just above the steering colume behind the dash. the 1/4 window mod is located under the rear seat or behind the back vertical seat. The luxlink unit has the control wires built into it for teh rear 1/4 windows you just have to run them to the window control motors for up and down.

Using the oem factory remote control fob

The remote start sequence is unlock lock lock [ car will start ]

The remote top sequence is hold unlock button 3 seconds long audible beep
then press lock button once

The remote start and remote top as one sequence is hold unlock button 3 seconds long audible beep then press lock button twice [ car will start first then the top will go down or up depending on the position of top ]

The panic button has allways worked by holding down the lock button till the panic goes off. [ The key word here is holding the lock button down ] Double clicking the lock button will not activate the panic.

The 1/4 window mod works after the front windows are down . The 1/4 window mod os not smart in the sense it does not know if the 1/4 windows are up or down . If you tripple click the down drivers side window button and the 1/4 windows dont move wait ten seconds and try again. This is because the 1/4 window mod is not a smart device. The remote top is a smart device and it knows if the top is up "It will put the top down " If the top is down it will put the top up"

If you double click the inside roof control switch th etop will automate up or down depending on what position it was in. If your motor is running and you double click the inside roof control switch the top will start to raise Then when you turn the key to off the motor will still run as you take the key out the steering will lock the top will close and once the the top is up the windows will all close and the motor will shut off . Very cool to see. You dont have to sit there holding the roof button down to raise or lower the top just double click and its all automated .

I am telling you of all the mods I have done the luxlink by far is my favorite one.

One of the advantages to the remote start and remote top as one sequence is that the factory owners manual tells you to only opperate the top once the engine is running . The top requires a lot of battery to opperate that is why the tell you to have the motor running. The luxlink took that into consideration when they designed the same sequence opperation.

Buddy
Old 04-28-09, 04:14 AM
jonra99
Driver School Candidate

With the lux link 1/4 window mod, if the top is down, can all 4 windows be raised?

I like to raise the windows with the top down when I'm on the highway. It may be less windy with the 1/4 windows up as well.
Old 04-28-09, 10:02 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonra99
With the lux link 1/4 window mod, if the top is down, can all 4 windows be raised?

I like to raise the windows with the top down when I'm on the highway. It may be less windy with the 1/4 windows up as well.
With the lux link 1/4 window mod you have full control over the front and back windows . You can have all 4 windows up with top down or all 4 windows down with top up.

YOu just cant control the rear windows independtely [ You can either put them both up or both down ] No individual control of rears. If you want any rear window down they both have to go down same as both up. The car really looks cool with the top up and all 4 windows down

Buddy
The following users liked this post:
Eathon (11-20-20)
Old 04-28-09, 11:00 AM
jonra99
Driver School Candidate

Buddy,
Thanks I see. As long as I can put the rears down or up to match the fronts is great!
Old 04-29-09, 05:48 AM
dbensinger
Driver School Candidate

Is there any way to independently raise or lower the SC430 rear windows?
Old 04-29-09, 05:00 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the lux link 1/4 window mod you have full control over the front and back windows . You can have all 4 windows up with top down or all 4 windows down with top up.
Buddy
Does the key fob roll all 4 windows down w/this mod, same as stock?
Old 04-29-09, 05:01 PM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dbensinger
Is there any way to independently raise or lower the SC430 rear windows?

Not as the car comes stock, no.
Oh, and welcome to CL.