SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Chrome Tail Pipe Extention Replacement Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-02, 07:30 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WJS you gotta show me a picture of what the heck you are talking about with respect to a turn down exhaust for the SC430.. I just can't visualize what you are talking about so help a brother out..

Baffled in the Great White North..
Old 03-06-02, 07:39 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by 2SAVVY:

"WJS you gotta show me a picture of what the heck you are talking about with respect to a turn down exhaust for the SC430.. I just can't visualize what you are talking about so help a brother out.
Baffled in the Great White North.........

2SVY - Check out "www.mercuryvehicles.com", and follow the prompts to various Automotive Magazines who have scopped out this big black dog. It's got the look that I have been trying to share with some of you "Nay-Sayers" recently, that "Sports-Up" our Final Rear End look when your accelerating away from some foreign "wanna-be" Luxury / Sport Car.

Tell this isn't the next Up-Grade move for some of us!
Old 03-06-02, 08:03 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok WJS I am as open minded as the next guy when it comes to modding ones ride but I don't see what is so special about this particular exhaust on the Marauder (See picture below).. You know you can just go to any good exhaust shop and they will cut off your existing exhaust tips and you can put anything you like.. Just go to any internet site that shows exhaust tips.. Try this site below and look at the RACtive tips (They might have the chrome ones you like)..

http://www.toucanindustries.com/
Attached Thumbnails Chrome Tail Pipe Extention Replacement Options-default_main-1-.jpg  
Old 04-10-12, 08:43 AM
bviverette
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exhaust Tips

I've never seen, collectively, a less helpful set of responses. Like a bunch of chatty boys.

Just Google for exhaust tips. There are dozens. I am shopping for a set of double-wall, slant-cut, stainless steel and have found them.

And, no, I don't like the idea of turn-downs, but that's just me. And while I am okay with the OEM, the straight-cut, rounded tips aren't really to my liking, either.
Old 04-10-12, 08:49 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bviverette
I've never seen, collectively, a less helpful set of responses. Like a bunch of chatty boys.

Just Google for exhaust tips. There are dozens. I am shopping for a set of double-wall, slant-cut, stainless steel and have found them.

And, no, I don't like the idea of turn-downs, but that's just me. And while I am okay with the OEM, the straight-cut, rounded tips aren't really to my liking, either.
You're a decade late to the conversation. This thread was started in 2002.
Old 01-06-13, 09:12 AM
bviverette
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Liquid SC
You're a decade late to the conversation. This thread was started in 2002.
Let me be one to keep it alive as well, then. My tips are irreparably tarnished, and I, too, would prefer a look less, well, 'fat and frumpy'. Still, I was willing to at least consider replacing them with OEM. But taking the existing ones off seems near impossible. While their is a bolt that can be loosened, the tubing sleeve is either frozen tight or - possibly? - welded.

I welcome advise on pulling the existing extensions, and replacing either with OEM or suitable aftermarket tips.

TIA,
Bill
Old 01-06-13, 10:37 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bviverette
Let me be one to keep it alive as well, then. My tips are irreparably tarnished, and I, too, would prefer a look less, well, 'fat and frumpy'. Still, I was willing to at least consider replacing them with OEM. But taking the existing ones off seems near impossible. While their is a bolt that can be loosened, the tubing sleeve is either frozen tight or - possibly? - welded.

I welcome advise on pulling the existing extensions, and replacing either with OEM or suitable aftermarket tips.

TIA,
Bill
The best advice I can give you is to find the tips you like, take it to an exhaust shop and let them install them. Most aftermarket tips have to be welded on anyway. The place I used charged $60, so it's not a major expense.
Old 01-06-13, 02:38 PM
bb430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My tips were completely black when I bought the car. I used the "Eagle One Never-Dull Wadding Polish cloth" then slowly and surely polished them back to mirror shine. It took me maybe 2 hours per tip but it's worth it for me because I like the OEM tips.
Old 02-01-13, 07:56 PM
bviverette
Driver School Candidate

Old thread, I know, but now I'm looking for oem tailpipe extensions. I like the ss, double-walled fat rounded look, after taking a while to embrace it. Anyway...Lexus wants $185+. Possible online aftermarket "oem" for $85, no picture.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Bill