SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Do people still comment on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 09:32 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do people still comment on your car?

Well Folks,

It looks like this is the last year of production for the SC430 of 2008.

It's like they never seen such a vehicle like that before even though I've seen so many more SC430's on the road in the last 2-3 years than before.

I always say, "Thank you" politely and I think it's really not a big deal at all.

Are u folks from the '02 and up to the '08 still get such compliments?

Show the Love.....

thanks...teeman3

Last edited by martini3; 03-04-08 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-22-08, 10:21 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish i had an SC430, a really slick design but way too expensive for me right now. i hope the next SC (LF-C) and the awesome LF-A (GT-F?) will carry the torch on.
Old 02-23-08, 01:23 AM
SEVY B
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still get compliments on my car as well.
Old 02-23-08, 01:59 AM
KevsSC
Intermediate

Me too all the time. People make like they have never seen this car before.
Old 02-23-08, 06:38 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Yes all the time.
Old 02-23-08, 06:40 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

I don't own an SC, but I will tell you that there's a new SGM, black interior, with tourmaline wheels at my local dealer, and I must say that it looks GREAT.

Lexus vehicles always stand the test of time with regard to styling. They use styling that still looks good 5 years later with a new gen version of the car out for 3 years.

It's amazing.
Old 02-23-08, 06:44 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

That's something I really didn't expect when I purchased the car...the attention it gets.

Mine is black, which I think is nice and understated but, yeah...strangers come up to me fairly regularly and comment on it. Even sitting in DC traffic.

I had one commute into the city one day where no less that THREE different people said something to me. Every time someone said something, I would text-message my wife. First message was funny, second was hilarious, by the third message she was like "What the heck?!?". On a nice day, with the top down, I get quite a few thumbs-up gestures but, this was just a regular day, top was up. I referred to it as "Look at Greg" day.

I had a nice woman talk to me in our building's elevator one day. Her "compliment" to me was "My friend and I want to knock you over the head and steal your car...we love it." Uhh.....thanks, I think.
Old 02-23-08, 07:26 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Yes it is true, people of all ages dig the SC! I was just picking up some take-out a week or so ago and pulled up to park in front of a group of girls w/their parents selling Girl Scout cookies. As soon as I got out of the car, they all said "nice car" in unison. Then they wanted to look inside. I felt like I was at a show and tell.
Old 02-23-08, 07:29 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Before I took my SC400 to a more track design I used to get comments on it all the time. How it was such a beautiful car and how they thought it was at least a 2004 model year
Old 02-23-08, 07:39 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by moose66
Yes it is true, people of all ages dig the SC! I was just picking up some take-out a week or so ago and pulled up to park in front of a group of girls w/their parents selling Girl Scout cookies. As soon as I got out of the car, they all said "nice car" in unison. Then they wanted to look inside. I felt like I was at a show and tell.
Did they then proceed to ask you to buy a dozen boxes. After all, it does have an L emblem on it
Old 02-23-08, 08:40 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Twice yesterday at Starbucks.
Old 02-23-08, 09:20 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

3 times last night -
"damn, nice wood interior!" - valet guy
"nice ride!" - some guy at the gas station while I was gassing up
"I got half a million dollars in my bag. I'll trade it for your car!" - some random dude on the sidewalk. I said "Get one at the dealership...it's slightly cheaper." He laughs.

The SC gets a compliement about every other day I drive it but I get stares all the time. Love the SC!
Old 02-23-08, 10:02 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

haha funny you bring it up, just last night I was driving to dinner when an older couple gave us the thumbs up at the light. After dinner the valet guy who brought back my car said "wow beautiful car". I love hearing comments because I feel as tho the person not only likes my car but they also enjoy the modifications I've done to it and appreciate my touches.
Old 02-23-08, 10:04 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Even though I have an older SC400, I have gotten quite a few comments and looks. The most recent was when I was at a gas station and this black guy that was next to me at the pump started asking me random questions, like if I waxed it or something and commenting on how clean it was and starts running his hand along the fender...LOL. To be honest, I was a little nervous about him scratching it or something. I get like Arnie from the movie Christine sometimes, real uptight about my car. A few minutes later, I start my car to leave and it, of course, makes this loud V8 sound because I have a cutout on my exhaust. The guy comes back over near my car and looks over at my car in awe. He probably never heard a Lexus that sounded so mean.

Last edited by SClean4; 02-24-08 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-23-08, 10:25 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SClean4
Even though I have an SC400, I have gotten quite a few comments and looks. The most recent was when I was at a gas station and this black guy that was next to me at the pump started asking me random questions, like if I waxed it or something and commenting on how clean it was and starts running his hand along the fender...LOL. To be honest, I was a little nervous about him scratching it or something. I get like Arnie from the movie Christine sometimes, real uptight about my car. A few minutes later, I start my car to leave and it, of course, makes this loud V8 sound because I have a cutout on my exhaust. The guy looks over at my car in awe. He probably never heard a Lexus that sounded so mean.
Nice!
Yeah I remember when I had my SC300 I got alot of compliments also. ..not as much as the SC430 but still attracted tons of attention for a 10+ y/o car.
Ahhh the memories...

95 SC300, Platinium silver, Black Leather Interior, 5sp - rare as hell.

Quick Reply: Do people still comment on your car?