SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New '06 Sc430 - Rim choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 04:42 AM
Indigo9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New '06 Sc430 - Rim choice

Hi to all the CL Members, just got my new '06 Sc430 in Indigo Ink and I'm dying to make some changes to it. My first mod would've been the grill, but it doesn't seem easy on the '06s so I'll have to hold off on that for now. I'm really lookin into Wheels / Rims next and some of you guys have some really nice ones.

I've narrowed down some choices, hoping you guys could give some input or advice on which looks best and what size / fitment / offsets to go with. (checked the sc430 wheel fitment sticky but the link was invalid).

- Maya DTM - Diamond
- Work Ls105 -
- Lowenhart LD5 - Noir / Chrome

Also trying to figure out what rims these are >> White Sc430

If anyone knows any other brands that have a similar style as the Work Ls105 let me know please. Hope to get some feedback, thanks =)

Last edited by Indigo9; 09-12-06 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-12-06, 09:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i prefer the works.

the wheels you asked about they are the ssr, they are discontinued. well, trafficstar dts isn't bad

oh and welcome to CL!
Old 09-12-06, 03:56 PM
bt430
Pole Position

If you're looking for black and chrome check out the Zone 5's. I've got them they're great.

BT
Old 09-13-06, 01:25 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Works look great, but too bad Auto Coutures aren't on your list.
Old 09-13-06, 05:23 AM
Indigo9
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the input =) Darn those SSR's look nice, what a shame they're discontinued. Checked out Trafficstar Dts and Dtm which look really good, and also the Zone 5's. Haha just when I thought I had my choices narrowed down you guys are making it even harder =p

@funguy: If you have any suggestions for other rims please let me know. I checked out the wheels thread for SCs and there were a lot that looked good, but I never figured out which brands they were.
Old 09-13-06, 09:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

you are in CA, getting hooked up can't be easier
Old 09-13-06, 11:18 AM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by Indigo9
thanks for the input =) Darn those SSR's look nice, what a shame they're discontinued. Checked out Trafficstar Dts and Dtm which look really good, and also the Zone 5's. Haha just when I thought I had my choices narrowed down you guys are making it even harder =p

@funguy: If you have any suggestions for other rims please let me know. I checked out the wheels thread for SCs and there were a lot that looked good, but I never figured out which brands they were.
Lets learn some new rims today. Please click here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233149
Old 09-13-06, 02:38 PM
Indigo9
Driver School Candidate

Any recommendation on whether I should go with 19's or 20's?

Also, anyone have some feedback on how low I should drop my Sc?
Old 09-13-06, 10:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

here we go again

you will get 50% of the people telling you to go 19s saying that's enough, and the other 50% will tell you to go 20s coz' that looks better

and i am one of those with 20s

how low you drop your car that's completely your personal taste, you shouldn't have to ask people, and i wouldn't know what to tell you neither. when i drop my car i just dropped it till i like it
Old 09-13-06, 10:51 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Lower the better so thieves cant steal your new rims.
Old 09-14-06, 09:54 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
how low you drop your car that's completely your personal taste, you shouldn't have to ask people, and i wouldn't know what to tell you neither. when i drop my car i just dropped it till i like it
I completely disagree with that statement. Of course it makes a HUGE difference to most people (what percentage of people lower their cars?) if you can realign the suspension to factory specs or not. Or if the tires would rub or not. Or if suspension is going to be bottoming out often or not. Or if you're going to need new shocks or not (in case of dropping with springs, not coilovers). Or if you'd be dragging your front spoiler and underbelly everywhere or not. And finally, to make things right, it'd cost a ton more money to lower more than an inch, as you'd need coilovers (I consider them a must if you want to go 'as low as possible', since you can adjust them any way you want, and your satisfaction is basically guaranteed).

In my personal case, I wouldn't drop it more than an inch, because am not willing to live with the drawbacks of lowering more than that. And yes, wouldn't justify the cost of coilovers either.
I think there's enough information in the archives to help you make an informed decision about how much to drop your car. By the way, that decision will be dependent on your wheel offset/tire size of choice as well. And it's safe to assume the lower the car, the more sacrifices you'll have to make (spoiler damage is almost guaranteed at some point when too low).

Good luck man.
Old 09-15-06, 10:41 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Given the choice between those 3 wheels, I'd go w/the Works but in a non-chrome finish (I'm not a chrome type of guy). Let us know what you get & post some pics.
Old 09-15-06, 03:26 PM
Indigo9
Driver School Candidate

Alright, I went to the car shop that I usually go to and they said I need to 'special order' Works rims which will take 6-8 weeks... are those really in such high demand?? Anyhow, i'm still looking for other rims in the meantime during this incredibly long wait. The Black Maya DLS looks pretty nice i think... but only comes in 20's and its pretty pricey. hmm...
Old 09-15-06, 05:03 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Alright, I went to the car shop that I usually go to and they said I need to 'special order' Works rims which will take 6-8 weeks... are those really in such high demand?? Anyhow, i'm still looking for other rims in the meantime during this incredibly long wait. The Black Maya DLS looks pretty nice i think... but only comes in 20's and its pretty pricey. hmm...
I have Amistad Type R in 19". It is a multi spoke type wheel. I love the wheel and have never second guessed my choice. The only thing I would change if I could do over would be the size. Sometimes I look at the side profile of the car especialy the rear and they look a little small. I think I would go with 20" if I could do it again.
Old 09-15-06, 05:57 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

I think I saw those Works at Wheel Warehouse the last time I was in SoCal a couple months ago. Check it out in person if you're in the area.

Originally Posted by camillian
I have Amistad Type R in 19". It is a multi spoke type wheel. I love the wheel and have never second guessed my choice. The only thing I would change if I could do over would be the size. Sometimes I look at the side profile of the car especialy the rear and they look a little small. I think I would go with 20" if I could do it again.
It's not too late! You...can...do it!!!

Quick Reply: New '06 Sc430 - Rim choice