SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Official SIgnup!!! All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- 4/28 ~ 4/29 -- It's a GO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-06, 12:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Official SIgnup!!! All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- 4/28 ~ 4/29 -- It's a GO!!!

Alright everyone, so after all the polls and such, we have decided to have the meet on 4/29. Following are the details. Couple things still in the work but I will update this thread accordingly. Sorry for the late thread, I have been too busy at work. But I will do what I can to make this as smooth as possible.

So let's make this an official sign up. Please reply if you are going. And very importantly, please pm me with your name, car (and possibly color), phone number, and whether you are staying over on 4/28 or not. I am NOT going to give those info to anyone else, I just want a complete list so just in case, I can still contact you that day. In return I will send you my phone number so you can find me too if needed.

Sounds cool? Let the sign up begin!!!!! I will star pm'ing people if you don't reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The meet is for both socal and norcal people, so it's going to be in the middle, righ around San Luis Obispo / Morro Bay. It's going to be around 3/4 hours drive for most people, mostly along the 101 freeway I suppose. And since this is going to be some drive some people, I am trying to make this meet a relaxing one. Most of all, it's SC430 meet, so I want to keep up the class of this event

Friday 4/28 (Optional)
=================
Friday evening is probably the best time to arrive at SLO. A recommended hotel of choice will be annouced later (we are looking for choices and prices at this moment). The idea to to arrive Friday night and get some good rest (or a pre-meet night dinner/drinks) since we are going to start the meet early Sat morning.

Hotel around SLO would be around 150 bucks per night. Here are some recommended hotel list. Please refer to post #58 for more information:

Ebassy Suites Hotel
805-549-0800

Best Western Royal Oak
805-544-4410

Apple Farm Inn
805-544-2040

Saturday (4/29)
============
8:30am - Madonna Inn for breakfast, and of course, take a trip inside the Modonna Inn to see all the nice rooms, etc... They have a big parking lot outside so we can park together safely

Madonna Inn
http://www.madonnainn.com/
100 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
Phone: (800)543-9666 or (805)543-3000

10:30am - the big cruise will start from SLO to Morrow Bay, along the famous I1 highway. It's about 10-13 miles drive, and there should be no traffic. We will take it easy, and since it won't be really on the cliff side, it shouldn't be a dangerous drive. It's time for great videos and pictures

Arriving at Morro Bay, we will go to the Inn and take some group pictures. It's on ocean side and it's good time (day time) to take pics. Hopefully there will be good parking spots.

Inn at Morro Bay
http://www.innatmorrobay.com/
60 State Park Road, Morro Bay, California 93442
800-321-9566 / 805-772-5651

Directions
http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newa...ca&tcountry=us

12noon ~ 4pm - this will be time for all individuals to enjoy your day and have fun with your families, since I believe a lot of people will come in group. The Embercadero is the main street in Morro Bay, it's right along the ocean, and it has tons of good small shops where everyone can have fun. You can always hang out with other SC430 owners in group or so, or to check out each other's car.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ne...getmap=Get+Map

4pm - time to gather everyone again at some place (maybe the Inn again) where we will take afternoon / evening pics. When it's close to sunset it's awesome scene I would imagine

5pm (time updated) - time for a nice group dinner, where everyone will gather together to go to a nice dinner place. We are working on deciding the place for dinner, so I will update this part when it becomes available.

Since we take the last photoshoot at the Inn, we will have dinner at the restaurant there, either the Orchid or the Bay Club. Dinner will be a bit up scalre, probably ~$50 per head. I am going to call them and see if they have any set dinners for groups.

At around 8pm, the meet will technically end after the dinner. People have the choice to go home, which should be pretty reasonable, or proceed to stay over at Morro Bay for another night.

Thanks everyone!

Confirmed No of people
------------------------------------------------
rominl / mimi 2
gsxotic 1
teeman 1
pearlpower 1-2
mellowcab 2
gracia2 2-3 (you sure you can fit 3 people in the car? )
valvetblue 2
damlex 1
jsl757 1
dan_k 2
mmaloy 2

Maybe
-------------------------------------------------
dprsupra (need to check)
sc430mike (not sure at this point)

Not available
lisalisa

Awaiting reply
GEEBEE
RMR
SSK0771
aspguru
dequina

Last edited by rominl; 04-26-06 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-24-06, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I will start

Henry and Ritsa (rominl and mimi)
2005 SC430 white on saddle

planning to stay over on 4/28, but not 100% decided
most likely leave for home after dinner on 4/29
Old 03-24-06, 10:08 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

teeman3 here.
2003 Millenium Silver w/ Black Interior

no overnight stay for me on Fri. 4/28.

Good to go for Sat., 4/29 and will arrive somewhere in the middle of breakfast or the end of it, probably around 9ish am.

Hopefully, i can get jsl757 and Dprsupra to caravan w/ me that early in the morning of Sat. 4/29.

Oh, by the way, Are we wearing ALL WHITE to this event? I gots to break in the new threads, you know?

The Annual Pebble Beach Concourse D'Elegance is one of the classiest and dressed up car shows on the West Coast. the folks get decked out, especially the gals w/ their Kentucky Derby-like hats and their multi-million dollars rides.

We have our own SC430 NorCal/SoCal Concourse D'Elegance Tour.

Last edited by martini3; 03-24-06 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-24-06, 02:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

we can decide on the "dress code" too hahhaa... of course i am down for white. but just make sure it doesn't become too commplicated
Old 03-24-06, 03:46 PM
damlex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 + 7 = Chair

Unless someone screams lime green or royal blue I’ll be in white garbs. Any specific hotel in SLO(W)?
Old 03-24-06, 07:56 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

As an incentive for this unique all SC430 NorCal/Socal meet, I will be providing each car w/ the following gift(s):

1. a bottle of Napa's local cabernet.
2. a cigar to complement the wine with it. (optional)

You really can't say no and not attend this meet to that, can you?

NOTE: Please bring a walkie talkie w/ you (channel 13). This will come in handy during the cruise. I have 2 walkie talkies and be happy to lend it out. We always use them on caravans and they work wonders, especially thru lights and heavy traffic so no one gets cut off or lost.

Oh Boy, the pics that we're going to take will be magnificent. Imagine....the scenery and the cars in group photos. My norcal members will be jealous of our sc430 only meet.

My WALD transformation is almost complete. Already got the kit on, just need to hold out a little longer on those run-craps and upgrade to 20's. The Eibach Pro Kit springs are sitting on the wing. Hopefully, crossing my fingers that I'll have the drop and new wheels for the meet.
The kit is already low so I can't even imagine when the springs are in, that's gonna be really low. I hate to damage the front later on. The pic was taken last weekend from another member I ran into on the freeway. He took rolling shots of me. That shine you see....That's the Zaino Shine....
Attached Thumbnails Official SIgnup!!! All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- 4/28 ~ 4/29 -- It's a GO!!!-img18077rz.jpg  

Last edited by martini3; 03-24-06 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-24-06, 09:49 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I guess I will be the only one in blue collar grubs.
Old 03-25-06, 07:10 PM
damlex
Driver School Candidate

Default If I had a spot would it be a dog?

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
LOL, would that be "Royal" blue collar scrubs? Is the new color Royal bule?????
Old 03-27-06, 01:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
hahaa, funny lee, i was thinking having blue / white as choices so it won't look too funny

anyway, hotels and dinner places are being worked on. gsxotic took on the task and i got a very detailed email from him. we will post up info asap so people can make reservations if needed.

and of course, thanks to tee for his *gifts*!!!!!!!!!!

and damnit, where were the AT LEAST 11 people puttling on the poll!!!!!
Old 03-27-06, 06:17 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Cool

Man I wish I was on the West Coast. I hate you guys. I'd be out there with my stock SC.
Old 03-27-06, 08:08 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now I'm 90% sure I will be there. My wife may be going to visit relatives in Nashville that weekend so I may end up coming by myself.

2006 SC430 Indigo Ink Pearl / Saddle
Old 03-27-06, 09:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by VelvetBlue
Right now I'm 90% sure I will be there. My wife may be going to visit relatives in Nashville that weekend so I may end up coming by myself.

2006 SC430 Indigo Ink Pearl / Saddle
sounds good!!!!!!!!!!! when you are sure make sure you pm me with your info if possible so we can get in touch!

hehe, always wanna ask you to bring your porsche instead
Old 03-27-06, 09:42 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Folks....C'mon, I really need all of you to join us, if you can. Bring the wife, significant other, kids, etc. ROMINL has put his extra time and effort into putting this meet together and pinning down the logistics for all of us. He's doing a dang terrific job.

I hope you will reply w/ your answer of attending or not attending this special meet, because I need a total count of bottles of wine I have to bring.

Oh, I like the blue/white attire idea, so maybe I'll have to wear that.
Old 03-27-06, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

when i get more info i will keep on updating the threads right nowi think i got like 5 people. where's jeff and jeff here in norcal!!!! and tons of socal people too

oh btw, i will also need to make reservations for dinner on 4/29, so please tell me HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE COMING WITH YOU
Old 03-27-06, 08:48 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

i may have to bow out again on this one...finance issues...long story can be found here...sorry, Tee smoke a cigar for me...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=208391

Quick Reply: Official SIgnup!!! All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- 4/28 ~ 4/29 -- It's a GO!!!