SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430-Most compliments I have ever received

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-06, 12:03 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

OK so I am eating breakfast at iHop, sitting at another booth, this old man seemingly homeless, was talking to someone quite hatefully. He was just going on and on. When I looked up, there was no one else with him. He was in this maniacal rant with a disgusted look on his face and he noticed I was looking at him, hearing him, realizing he was talking to no one. He did not appreciate my interest in his world of conversational isolation. I looked away fast. My heart goes out to people that are struggling in life, so I gave him the respect anyone deserves and did not stare for too long. He got up and left out the front door. As I was leaving he was just outside the door smoking a cig and talking urgently to no one. I open my car door only steps away from him. As he turned to go back in the iHop he stopped talking to himself for a moment, looked at me and said "nice ride." Then resumed talking to him self and went back inside.

I thought to myself "wow that was cool, even a crazy old homeless guy could take a moment out of his complicated existence to compliment my SC". I said a prayer that he might find peace in his world... maybe he already has.
Old 04-06-06, 12:28 PM
DChuka
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1TYTESC
OK so I am eating breakfast at iHop, sitting at another booth, this old man seemingly homeless, was talking to someone quite hatefully. He was just going on and on. When I looked up, there was no one else with him. He was in this maniacal rant with a disgusted look on his face and he noticed I was looking at him, hearing him, realizing he was talking to no one. He did not appreciate my interest in his world of conversational isolation. I looked away fast. My heart goes out to people that are struggling in life, so I gave him the respect anyone deserves and did not stare for too long. He got up and left out the front door. As I was leaving he was just outside the door smoking a cig and talking urgently to no one. I open my car door only steps away from him. As he turned to go back in the iHop he stopped talking to himself for a moment, looked at me and said "nice ride." Then resumed talking to him self and went back inside.

I thought to myself "wow that was cool, even a crazy old homeless guy could take a moment out of his complicated existence to compliment my SC". I said a prayer that he might find peace in his world... maybe he already has.
Yo! I didn't know that was you!!!
I would've had more of a conversation with you!!!
Old 04-06-06, 08:12 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DChuka
Yo! I didn't know that was you!!!
I would've had more of a conversation with you!!!
Good One
Old 04-06-06, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

my wife told me some time last week she was at the bank, when she came out of the bank, she saw this guy totally kneeing on the ground and looked low at the car and wheels. wife approached and said "excuse me?" the guy started complimenting the car and said how nice those wheels are, and he wants to get something like that. wife said thanks and left. she saw the guy getting into his mustang

my wife was happy
Old 04-12-06, 12:41 AM
Bebber
Rookie

I pulled into a Honda dealer once to help close a deal for a friend and the dealers who were watching were curious what I was doing at a Honda dealer and joked: "Let me guess, you want to trade in your Lexus for a new Civic, right?'" I just laughed along.

Just last week, I parked on the side of the road and was getting out of my car only to be greeted by a group of 7-8 high school girls sipping boba drinks stop by and say that they "really liked my car" I smilled.

Just today, I was stopped at the post office where this guy paid me a compliment on the car and my temporary license plate graphics.
Old 04-12-06, 03:57 AM
bt430
Pole Position

You know you have a hot car when the valet guys at the Palm restaurant don't even park your car. They always leave the hottest ones outside so the people arriving can see them. The other night they left 3 cars out mine was one of the 3. The other 2 were an Aston Martin and a AMG SL65 not bad company!

BT
Old 04-12-06, 09:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bt430
You know you have a hot car when the valet guys at the Palm restaurant don't even park your car. They always leave the hottest ones outside so the people arriving can see them. The other night they left 3 cars out mine was one of the 3. The other 2 were an Aston Martin and a AMG SL65 not bad company!

BT
wow now that's something! though not sure if i will get the same treatment if i go to beverly hill
Old 04-12-06, 09:33 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
wow now that's something! though not sure if i will get the same treatment if i go to beverly hill
Especially since that one is right next door to the Rolls and Bentley dealer!
Old 04-12-06, 11:40 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great stories. Keep 'em coming....
Old 04-16-06, 11:42 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Talking

Well you guys have some great stories, so I thought I'd share another one with you. As the Summer is coming, there will be more.

The other day I was in a seedy part of town in NYC near one of the bridges. This scruffy, (homeless I assume) guy rolls by with his shopping cart full of goodies and crosses in front of me. I thought that we would just block my path to ask me for some money, as that's generally the routine. Well anyway dude just cracks a big smile and yells out over my Nas CD I'll trade you. I thought that was kind of him to make light of his unfortunate situation and compliment me. I just died laughing as we both did and handed him a 5 as that was definitely amusing and he didn't beg or harass me. I'm fortunate to be in my position and am grateful that I could give him lunch if nothing else.
Old 04-17-06, 11:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

my wife was happy today again. she parked at office and while walking to the building a guy in another car rolled down the window and asked

"excuse me, are those stock that come with the car?"
"oh no, they aren't"
"ah i figured.... those are 3 piece?"
"yup they are indeed"
"very nicely done car, beautiful! you have a nice day!"

she was smiling....
Old 04-18-06, 09:08 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at one of my fav watering holes. My friend just got a new camera and I asked to use it to take pics of my car parked out front.

As I was taking pics a young couple w/ walked out the restaurant next door and the wife asked me,

"Are you taking pics of my car?". I said, "Yes, I am."
Old 04-23-06, 01:24 AM
LEXINIT
Driver School Candidate

Wow, funny stories here !!...The day I bought mine (PA Lexus auction), I'm an auto dealer and I was driving her back from PA to NYC with dealer transporter tags, on the Jersey Turnpike, I was followed for miles by a dude in a white GMC Denali...we finally get to the toll booth and he gets out and comes over to me, he says, "How much right now cash, forget about taking it to the dealership !!"...I cracked up and told him, it was a 40th birthday present to myself and I was shopping for it now for 3 months for the white gold crystal/saddle, and I won't part with it !!...to say the least, he was very disappointed...but I was lucky to get the car with 20's, exhaust, cross drilled rotors, clear 3m protection, lowered & a booming custom 10 inch sub in the trunk !!!...I paid $39,000 August 2005 for it, 03 with 53k on the clock !...Since then I have moved to South Florida with my toys, which includes a 1994 800 rwhp Toyota Supra (www.cardomain.com/id/yb2fast)...I got the best of both worlds, BLING & ZING !!...I get goo goo eyes from the ladies all day in the SC, and I get looks of utter frustration from the male gender when I drive my ball busting, ego popping SUPRA !! (LOL)...
Hughie...PSL, FL
Old 04-27-06, 10:40 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

My SC's first compliment just 30 minutes after picking up the car from the dealer. My son's baseball coach gave it a thumbs up from approximately 30 feet away

So this is what you guys are talking about.
Old 04-28-06, 06:40 AM
DChuka
Driver

We're finally getting decent enough weather in NJ to put the top down without looking like you just want to show that you have a drop-top even though there's frost on the ground! Anyway, I'm heading home yesterday on the Garden State Parkway, stuck in traffic and I keep hearing someone blowing their horn (not unusual on this road in this state!) Finally, I realize it's the car behind me and as I start to glare in the mirror I see the blonde driver wave to me and give a thumb's up. She eventually worked her way through the other lane to pull next to me and rave about the car. (Yeah, for about a second I thought it might be me she thought was hot, but....)

Quick Reply: SC430-Most compliments I have ever received