ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010-63/)
-   -   how do i turn off the HeadLight washers when i only want the windshield washers on... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/197689-how-do-i-turn-off-the-headlight-washers-when-i-only-want-the-windshield-washers-on.html)

rclab1 01-24-06 08:18 PM

how do i turn off the HeadLight washers when i only want the windshield washers on...

Is there a way to turn off (?) the HeadLight washer nozzel from coming "ON" when I turn on the windshield washers? in other words,

the front headlight washers keep coming on when i turn on the windshield washers.....

b/c there is a separate button for the Headlight washers only next to the side mirror controls.

Radical350 01-24-06 09:08 PM

Factory settings usually control washers individually

According to the owners manual; the washers (headlamp and windscreen) should be controlled individually. The dealer can set many different controls, according to the specifications of the driver. They should fix it under warranty. Did you buy it new? What year is it?

rominl 01-24-06 09:29 PM

umm...... i never tried that button, but i thought it control if you want the hedlight washer to be turned on or off. if it's on, then it comes on together with the winshield washer. if it's off, then it won't come on when you kick off the windshield washers?

i don't have the car or the manual here so i am just playing from memory

sexylexysc430 01-24-06 10:31 PM

If you switch the headlights to off then the headlamp washers won't come on when you activate the windshield washers. The headlamp washers only spray when the lights are on. Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

rominl 01-24-06 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by sexylexysc430
If you switch the headlights to off then the headlamp washers won't come on when you activate the windshield washers. The headlamp washers only spray when the lights are on. Kind of annoying, if you ask me.

ha this is interesting. how about if it's in auto but during the day (so headlights are off)?

imbuggin 01-25-06 10:37 AM

strange

wow this is strange everyone with different experieneces. My sprays the head lights when I hold in the little head light washer button only. Never with the windshield and it doesn't matter if the lights are on or not??

sc430uk 01-25-06 10:53 AM

on the UK ones it does the same, if your headlights are on then the first time you spray the windscreen it will also spray the headlights. Cannot be switched off, already asked the dealer, standard fuction on cars nowadays

rclab1 01-25-06 12:20 PM

how odd?

Yes, when the Headlights are ON, and the windshield washers are turned ON, the HeadLight washers also come on, but when the Headlights are OFF, and the windshield washers are turned ON, only the windshield washers come on........

i have not fooled around when the Headlights are put onto "Auto" setting.....

anyone else know?

Can the dealer really set a different factory setting on this?

05SC28 01-25-06 05:25 PM

Just tried it on my car with the setting on the "OFF" position and the head light washer does not come on, with the switch on "Auto" it does spray the headlights.