SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)
View Poll Results: Your FAVORITE COLOR for the NEW 2006 SC 430 is...
"White Gold Crystal"
28.17%
"Black Onyx"
19.72%
"Twilight Amethyst Pearl" (purple)
4.93%
"Indigo Ink Pearl" (dark blue)
9.86%
"Mercury Metallic" (silver)
10.56%
"Matador Red Mica" (burgundy)
7.04%
"Chardonnay Pearl" (tan/lt. gold)
2.82%
"Smoky Granite Mica" (dark gray)
16.90%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE 2006 (Exterior) SC COLOR

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-05, 07:09 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE 2006 (Exterior) SC COLOR

The first wave of the new 2006 SC 430 models are beginning to appear in Lexus showrooms across the nation. In addition, the new brochures, complete with a color chart, are now available at Lexus dealers.

Among the EIGHT (8) standard exterior colors available, half are new. In addition, the 2006 "Pebble Beach Edition" has an exclusive ninth color -"Tigereye Mica (Pearl)"

Assuming you can have any combination of leather upholstery [ecru, saddle, black or the new camel (tan)] with either "walnut" or "espresso bird's eye maple" wood trim, make ONE choice from the following EIGHT (8) colors, the first four being carryovers from past years.

You may also choose the new "Tigereye Mica " (a chocolate brown with bronze highlights under sunlight) only by specifically entering a post indicating that choice.

EIGHT STANDARD COLORS. Asterisk (*) Indicates NEW color for 2006. All colors are pearl or mica.

White Gold Crystal (white)
Black Onyx (black)
Twilight Amethyst Pearl (purple)
Indigo Ink Pearl (dark. blue)
*Mercury Metallic (silver)
*Matador Red Mica (burgundy)
*Chardonnay Pearl (tan/lt. gold)
*Smoky Granite Pearl (dark gray)

Last edited by PBEchicago; 10-01-05 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-01-05, 12:57 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

it's hard to pick without first seen the cars in person, even pictures don't show you the real deal <and most of them are studio pics which also dont give you the real feeling> , hope next trip to the dealer they have some with the new colors..
Old 10-02-05, 06:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am boring, but i still think the white gold crystall and the black onyx are the best
Old 10-18-05, 06:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by PBEchicago
*Matador Red Mica (burgundy) . . .
The Matador Red is actually a lot lighter & brighter than Burgundy & has an orange hue to it under bright sunlight, I' ve seen one in person & I think it looks good on the SC . . .
Old 10-25-05, 05:01 AM
PBEchicago
Driver

I, too, viewed a new "Matador Red" SC 430 and was impressed. My first comparison was with the old favorite "Candy Apple Red". Unlike ecru or camel, the black leather upholstery might be described as low-maintenance.

I have yet to cast my vote in this forum. Personally, while the PBE "Tigereye Mica (Pearl)".is very nice, my favorite remains the ineligible "Azure Pearl" of my 2004 PBE. I will vote after seeing ALL colors on an SC with my own eyes, sunshine and shade.
Old 11-27-05, 11:45 PM
BabyLexy
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear god all the colors are gorgeous! I have the white gold crystal but I'd swoon over the red mica any day. Seems like as I get older I gravitate toward vibrant and brilliant colors.
Old 12-28-05, 09:08 AM
saab9-3
Rookie

I would have to go with Tigereye Mica

I have already had black, white, silver, and blue SC430's, but I think this new color is very unique.

...but then again, leave it up to the old guy to pick brown as his favorite color
Old 01-16-06, 11:01 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

LexLaw

Correct me if I'm wrong. You just posted a poll which appears to duplicate this ongoing 2006 exterior color poll. If you prefer the Pebble Beach edition in "TigerEye Mica", indicate with an appropriate comment.

Best wishes!.
Old 01-17-06, 06:14 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PBEchicago
LexLaw

Correct me if I'm wrong. You just posted a poll which appears to duplicate this ongoing 2006 exterior color poll. If you prefer the Pebble Beach edition in "TigerEye Mica", indicate with an appropriate comment.

Best wishes!.
After reviewing your poll for the 2nd time I will correct you as you requested. My poll does not duplicate your 2006 color choices poll. I apologize if my thread confused you or if you felt I was imposing on your thread. If you actually looked at my poll and it's choices you will see the color choices are different as they reflect MY 2002. (The car which I'm looking to purchase) I do use the search feature. I also find it strange as why you would reply to me on a thread in which I never posted.
Peace, LexLaw
Old 01-18-06, 08:04 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Most of the votes are people voting for the color of their own cars, the most commonly owned colors in this forum as well as the most commonly available colors get more votes, there have been several similar polls before, they're all pretty pointless as far as helping anyone pick a color is concerned if you ask me.
Go visit various dealerships & try to find SC430's new or used of different colors if you haven't seen all of them yet in person, & just pick the one YOU like the best
Old 01-18-06, 08:27 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

I think your bang on Andrew!
Originally Posted by AmethySC
Most of the votes are people voting for the color of their own cars, the most commonly owned colors in this forum as well as the most commonly available colors get more votes, there have been several similar polls before, they're all pretty pointless as far as helping anyone pick a color is concerned if you ask me.
Go visit various dealerships & try to find SC430's new or used of different colors if you haven't seen all of them yet in person, & just pick the one YOU like the best
Old 01-18-06, 08:49 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I agree with you as seeing a purple(amethyst) SC in most pics don't do it justice. That was until I saw your pics. Now that I recall I do remember seeing your color at a Dealership in VA. Damn that color looks good!! It's the closest thing to my ideal Blue Onyx as featured on MB's cars. In fact I'm starting to feel that the plum hue is even more hypnotizing. I'm partial to black but love the idea of having "two colors" at various points of the day. That's what makes the Blue and Purple SC's so appealing. I just wish that Blue was a little darker.
Old 02-18-06, 08:38 PM
PBEchicago
Driver

This afternoon, I saw the last of the nine (9) 2006 SC colors, including TigerEye Mica (Pebble Beach Edition).

Upon final review, I choose...

SMOKY GRANITE MICA

Gorgeous!!! Preferably with the black leather upholstery.
Old 02-21-06, 08:03 PM
SC43006
Rookie

The White Gold Crystal is great. Thats why I bought it!
Old 02-21-06, 09:13 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

black onyx looks amazing on any lexus i think, looks especially classy on the SC so i pick black for my favorite but today i did see a tiger-grey mica one in the neighborhood and that think is beautiful, so that would be second choice, then probably after that will be meadtor red, always liked red SC430s, after that probably blue.

Quick Reply: CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE 2006 (Exterior) SC COLOR