FL FS: Custom JDM Clear/Red tailights....one of a kind!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-13, 11:36 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: Custom JDM Clear/Red tailights....one of a kind!

(UPDATE: Willing to sell at 120 shipped including paypal fees. I have boxes and they are ready to ship the next day. Just need to clear up space at this point.)

So the time has come for me to sell these extremely rare custom JDM clear/red taillights and allow the next lucky SC owner to use them. I have enjoyed the look of them on my DWP SC but I have decided to move onto the next set of taillights I have in mind which are the custom LED 95-96 clearcorner taillights. I am selling these to fund that investment.

Some things I wanted to go over concerning these taillights:

1. They are not brand new so there are VERY minor imperfections. I bought these from Kohinoor over two years ago and he bought them off of Yahoo Japan. I am a detailer so I have tried to buff these as much as possible to get them looking there best.

2. The clear part to the driver side was having some condensation issues ever since I bought them. I think it was in part to the Florida weather (100% humidity and in the summer everyday it rains) so I decided to replace it myself with new clear plastic. I have taken pictures to show this as best as I can. The good news is the condensation problem has now been taken care of so they are all set to go. The bad news is that the passenger side taillights have a little more tint on them compared to the driver side (that's just because the material they used in Japan was different then what I used)

3. From what I can tell these are 92-94 taillights that have been custom made so you would most likely need a 92-94 harness to get these to work. I will not be providing a harness with these taillights and I will also not be providing the screws needed to place them in the car. A harness and these screws can be easily bought for dirt cheap from Aliga here on the classifieds (probably less than 40 to 50 bucks shipped).

Do not miss your chance to own these rare taillights since as far as I know I am the only one on the forums to date who has these. Below are some pictures I just took of them:

Here they are installed on my SC:

I am selling these rare taillights for 120 shipped anywhere in the U.S. and this already includes paypal fees. My paypal is enieves@mail.usf.edu for anyone who sends me the money first come, first serve. If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask me as I am always willing to answer as best as I can. I have a perfect feedback score so believe me these taillights will arrive to you safely. I really want these to go to a good home since they are so rare

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 03-23-14 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-02-13, 12:08 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill vouch for how ****ing worth the price these are!

ive had to make three sets before even coming CLOSE to the way prs22's look. theyre well worth the money!

good luck with the sale sir
Old 11-03-13, 11:41 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so are both lights recessed in on the clear portion? or just the one you 'fixed'?
Old 11-03-13, 07:35 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by greens14
ill vouch for how ****ing worth the price these are!

ive had to make three sets before even coming CLOSE to the way prs22's look. theyre well worth the money!

good luck with the sale sir
Thank you for the kind comments green14 It is definitely a challenge to make them yourself no doubt about it. I believe I may have seen yours or another members thread on trying to make them and there is a lot to get done to even come close to this. They are definitely reasonably priced as well if you think about it (only 100 bucks more than stock 97+ taillights).

IMO these taillights go very well with the trunk lines of the SC the most out of any of the taillights, and the clear/red combo is just the finishing touch. Again thank you for the well wishes and hope these are able to go to a good home

Originally Posted by iridebmx
so are both lights recessed in on the clear portion? or just the one you 'fixed'?
iridebmx,

Only the driver side that I fixed is recessed in on the clear portion in order to get the new clear plastic in and sealed properly. The opposite side is flush with the rest of the taillight. This is the reason why I took the close up picture of the driver side just to clarify for everyone what they are getting.

IMO it is very difficult to notice that the driver side is recessed even within 5 feet of it without really looking up close. Both taillights have a black border around the clear lens area that are the same size so they look exactly the same. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask me
Old 11-04-13, 11:39 AM
jeffreyjje
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default interest in tail lights

are these still available???
Old 11-04-13, 04:00 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jeffreyjje
are these still available???
Still available for the time being. If interested definitely let me know
Old 11-04-13, 07:05 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'd have an easy sale if they matched... I'd consider just getting rid of the other older lens.
Old 11-05-13, 10:31 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I think you'd have an easy sale if they matched... I'd consider just getting rid of the other older lens.
It's funny UZZ-TT, but when I was working on the one I fixed I was definitely contemplating doing the other side several times. The reason why I didn't was because at least that side was not having any issues and I quite honestly did not want to go through the hassle I endured with the driver side. It literally took me almost 2 months to get the driver side to look the way it does now. Very difficult to say the least but in the end it did turn out pretty good.

At this point I just don't have enough time to even attempt to do the other side, let alone have the material anymore to get the job done either. As I stated if no one is interested then they will stay with me. I have had several inquiries but no money just yet. We will see if anyone else is interested in these rare taillights or I will continue to hold onto them.
Old 11-07-13, 03:16 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Vouch for Eric, great guy!
Old 11-12-13, 09:30 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Vouch for Eric, great guy!
Thanks for the love Matt Don't think I have forgotten about you and getting together sometime soon. Grad school has been killing me as usual ....haha. I've been watching your progress with the MR2 and I can't wait to see it soon
Old 11-18-13, 02:24 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

(UPDATE: WILLING TO SELL TAILIGHTS TO BEST OFFER I GET IMMEDIATELY!!!)

Let me know and I can have them sent by tomorrow before 11 am.
Old 11-18-13, 02:40 PM
Aquae
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One hundred dollars!
Old 11-19-13, 08:42 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KingSC
One hundred dollars!
A little on the low side but how bout this....280 shipped including paypal fees and there all yours

Looking for something in this ballpark number....that's the same price as OEM 97+ and you would be getting custom one off JDM taillights. Still open to anyone interested
Old 03-23-14, 12:38 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Still have these for sale sitting in my computer room. Willing to sell at 120 shipped including paypal fees. I have boxes and they are ready to ship the next day.