TX NA-T Turbo Kit, ET Streets Drag tires, MAP-ECU 1

Old 05-26-12, 09:38 AM
AirborneH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I will check and see but my max weight is 70lbs so I think we will have to do two boxes. I will take the ecu also then. If you would like pm me your number I have a phone where I can call the states for free and we can get this whole thing good and done.
Old 05-26-12, 06:10 PM
boostin11
Driver School Candidate

Interested in the map ecu..need more info..I am going boost on my 2jzge and I need an EMS..would else would I need to make it work?
Old 05-26-12, 06:42 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A laptop to tune it with and a wideband gauge. An AEM wideband gauge usually runs $175 and I would suggest that for anyone turboing their car. It allows you to know precisely what your fuel mixture is and keep the car running safely. You could tune on the dyno and use their wideband gauge, but it's better to invest in a wideband gauge for the safety of the engine.

The MAP-ECU allows you to delete your mass air flow sensor and converts it to a map based system. It has 374 points of tuning from 0-8000 RPM and -20 to +30lbs of boost (The apexi AFC only has 32 points of tuning for a reference). It also has switched outputs to trigger nitrous, methanol or whatever else you need. You will have various different inputs the can be logged for fine tuning. It will also learn from the stock ecu and build a fuel table for you, but there are many tables on the forums that people have already done to make it pretty easy to tune.

Basically you hit the -+ keys on the keyboard to add or remove fuel after logging the air/fuel mixture. The log will tell you what AFR/RPM/Boost and you adjust the fuel to the correct amount. Usually 11AFR when going WOT and 14.7 while idling and cruising.

If you go to http://www.mapecu.com/ and the read the FAQ on the support pull down it should tell you more about the functions and features. Anything specific please let me know. I've used these on a few 2jz and have made 700RWHP on my supra with one.

Originally Posted by boostin11
Interested in the map ecu..need more info..I am going boost on my 2jzge and I need an EMS..would else would I need to make it work?
Old 05-27-12, 08:41 PM
boostin11
Driver School Candidate

Yea Definately have a wideband.its my 3rd turbo car so I know it's a must have,thanks a lot for all the info about the map..would I need a harness or anything for it to hook up to my ecu? Really interested in this rather than using an afc as you mentioned before.
Old 05-30-12, 06:12 AM
XplicitlyR
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still have the wheels and tires? I'm in San Antonio, PM me if they are and I'll pick them up.
Old 05-30-12, 07:35 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

It comes with the harness. All that is needed is a laptop for tuning. Preferably with XP and a serial port. I do have a USB adapter that I will include though, which will work with most operating systems.
Originally Posted by boostin11
Yea Definately have a wideband.its my 3rd turbo car so I know it's a must have,thanks a lot for all the info about the map..would I need a harness or anything for it to hook up to my ecu? Really interested in this rather than using an afc as you mentioned before.
I still have the wheels and tires I have a deposit on them and am supposed to be receiving the rest of the money today.
Originally Posted by XplicitlyR
still have the wheels and tires? I'm in San Antonio, PM me if they are and I'll pick them up.
Old 05-30-12, 08:24 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Damn that is a nice turbo kit, same side intercooler, low-mount manifold and everything perfect for NA-T. Got any videos?
Old 05-30-12, 09:04 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Thanks, I tried to put together the most effcient and fast spooling kit for road racing. I don't have any videos unfortunately.
Old 05-30-12, 01:33 PM
Mesican
Driver School Candidate

hmm... It'll cost $61 to ship at 75lbs to Kansas... Very tempting. I'll let you know.
Old 05-30-12, 03:20 PM
XplicitlyR
Driver

Let me know if it the wheel sale doesn't go threw, I'll PayPal you ASAP
Old 05-30-12, 03:54 PM
2jpowa
Driver

Sent cash for tires sorry took so long
Old 06-04-12, 10:00 AM
Us13l
Driver School Candidate

what injectors are these? and will they fit a 1jz stock fuel rail? I may want the map ecu also
Old 06-04-12, 10:13 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

These are high impedance 550CC Injectors for the stock 2JZ-GE fuel rail, they work with the stock clips.

They won't fit the 1JZ stock rail, sorry.
Originally Posted by Us13l
what injectors are these? and will they fit a 1jz stock fuel rail? I may want the map ecu also
Old 06-05-12, 06:28 AM
fried_rice
Pole Position

I'm parting the turbo kit out. I've decided to keep the intercooler piping, blow off valve, oil return/feed and intake pipe.
Old 06-05-12, 06:37 AM
2jpowa
Driver

Got tires they look great thanks a bunch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TX NA-T Turbo Kit, ET Streets Drag tires, MAP-ECU 1