FL **Kei Office Coilovers D1 Spec!Very Badass!!(750 shipped) ARC Downforce Meter!(175)**

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-12, 04:31 PM
2cars4Trbo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Kei Office Coilovers D1 Spec!Very Badass!!(SOLD) ARC Downforce Meter!(175)**

Name: Chris Flower
Email/Paypal: chrisflowerusmc@gmail.com
(Item is shipped from Okinawa, Japan from a US Military base via USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and tracking)
Zip: 34243
Phone: PM for phone #
Price: SOLD
thread with my vouches:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...150-bucks.html

Ok these coilovers are straight in from Japan, have 11k on them and are truly badass. I was comparing them to a set of HKS Coilovers I have and the build quility is so much superior. The design is awesome and there is so much adjustabilty with this setup. Lucky buyer whoever gets these!!! They have been apart and compression is good, as well as all the hardware!These cost over 3000 new!!!

Spring rate is 12/14
Adjustable dampening.

These coilovers became famous because they were originally owned by Keiichi “Drift King” Tsuchiya. Then he marketed them. These are D1 Spec Coilovers!! High Quality. This is the 3rd set that I have come across!

Anyway on to the pics!!!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13997751@N00/6752160011/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13997751@N00/6752164909/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13997751@N00/6752168901/

Here is a picture from the last set I sold to a member comparing it to an hks coilover...night and day in quality!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13997751@N00/6351539620/

ARC DOWNFORCE METER NEW IN BOX 175 SHIPPED

This is a very rare JDM piece. Thought it might be useful for future use and is cheaper than a wind tunnnel. I figured it might be handy to see how stable a car is at high speeds.

Heres a product description:

Information is King, and the ARC Down Force Meter provides you with enough feedback to conquer the track. The ARC Down Force Meter is a unique device that relay information regarding the down force your car is producing, so you can tune your vehicle for the circuit or street.

Thin shape and 1/2DIN size (W86D48H16)
Installation method: Multi use both sides tapes
Operating voltage: 9~16V
Down fourth detection range: 0~1500N
G sensor detection range: 3G
External output voltage/electric current: 0~5V/20mA

And heres a review:
"ARC has released a revolutionary Down Force Meter that mounts sensors between the spoiler and trunk lid so that when you are doing a 150 on the racetrack you can see if you are generating adequate down-force to keep the car stable. The really trick part about this setup is that you can actually log your results in real-time as you parade around the track. This will help you fine tune the car to achieve peak performance and optimal track adhesion. The Down Force Meter is going to priced at around $500

Taken from:
http://www.tune2win.com/index.php/ad...wnforce_meter/

With the use of load cells, also known as strain gauges, the ARC downforce meter is able to measure the force generated by your rear wing. This makes it possible to evaluate multiple wing settings as well as multiple wing shapes without having to spend mega bucks to rent a windtunnel. Installation requires positioning the pair of load cells beneath your trunk�s bump rubbers. These are typically threaded to set the height that the trunk lid will rest at when closed. These bump rubbers transfer the majority of the vertical load from the trunk to the chassis and consequently are the ideal place to locate the ARC load cells. Simply remove the adhesive backing and place one load cell on each side of the chassis, where the trunk bump rubber will contact the load cell. Next, locate the ARC Downforce Meter display unit in the passenger compartment where you can easily read the display. Finally, connect the supplied harness to switched 12-volt power and ground and you are ready to power up the unit.

Calibration can be performed as follows. With the trunk open, power up the meter. The unit automatically calibrates to 0 Newtons every time it is started. Now adjust the trunk bump rubbers full short and close the trunk, the meter should still be showing 0. Open the trunk and start lengthening the bump rubbers equally until the meter reads 100 Newton with the trunk closed. Now simply reset power and you should see zero on the unit. This way there is no delay in response from the unit as force is built from your wing. Next apply a known weight to the wing and record the value on the display. We simply used our body weight fully supported by the rear wing to achieve our scaling value. With our application we found that 145 lb force was equal to 110 Newtons or 11 on the Downforce Meter (Newtons*10). For reference, 100 lb force equals 444.8 Newtons, so it is clear that the trunk mounts, striker, and weatherstripping are all distributing load and skewing the value seen at the bump rubbers. The correction for this is to apply a scaling factor. Knowing that 145lb force = 11 on the display, 145/10 = 14.5.

Now, simply multiply the ARC downforce Meter output by 14.5 to get your actual downforce in lb force. In our case our setup registered 17 on the Meter at 118 mph. 17x14.5 = 246.5 lbs.

Here we are only using one known weight to perform our scaling. To account for non linearity in the deflection of the trunk supports/surrounds you can use multiple known weights close to your target downforce. With this information you can plot a curve in a program such as Microsoft Excel, and then following a run, overlay your display output on the curve to get an even more accurate reading.

Last edited by 2cars4Trbo; 01-24-12 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-24-12, 07:26 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there any leaking? your vouches wont load can u have them post in here?
Old 01-24-12, 07:56 PM
2cars4Trbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nova
is there any leaking? your vouches wont load can u have them post in here?
no leaking, as i had previously mentioned compression is good in all four

sorry for the stale link

heres the vouches (INCLUDES MODERATORS FROM CL, THIS SECTION SPECIFICALLY):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...150-bucks.html

Ive sold between 100-200 items on Supraforums!
My specialty is coilovers! (All the HKS coils are sold, dont ask! Supra guys buy em quick!)
Exhibit A:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13997751@N00/6758401501/

Last edited by 2cars4Trbo; 01-24-12 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-24-12, 09:09 PM
2cars4Trbo
Rookie

Coilovers SOLD!
Old 01-24-12, 10:43 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

i can vouch for this guy
im sure he will have more coils for sale soon...

those cam gears sold?
Old 01-25-12, 08:10 AM
2cars4Trbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by ZGagnon
i can vouch for this guy
im sure he will have more coils for sale soon...

those cam gears sold?
yeah that HKS T51R, 60MM wastegate, and cam gears went on my Supra!

I just found a clip with a set of JIC Coilovers on them. I dont know the history so Im gonna let them go for cheap
Old 01-25-12, 11:25 AM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

^well if you stumble across cheap cam gears.. let me know :P going to pick up that exhaust this week... then ill fill out the trader score