ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC400 / 300 Classifieds (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc400-300-classifieds-36/)
-   -   KS 1UZ SC400 Stand Alone ECU. 100% Plug and play (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc400-300-classifieds/483284-1uz-sc400-stand-alone-ecu-100-plug-and-play.html)

ScottURnot 02-21-10 06:19 AM

1UZ SC400 Stand Alone ECU. 100% Plug and play

2 Attachment(s)
If you plan on Boosting your Sc400 you need this!
Adaptronics Stand alone 100% Plug and play!
Its a brand new turn key Adaptronics stand alone ECU. I originally purchased this stand alone ECU and then I bought a supra jumper lead. I posted the jumper harness to Neil Griffiths in Australia. Next I paid him to wire it up as a turn key plug and play unit. Neil is running this exact stand alone on two different 1UZ cars running 15lbs boost with great success. He wired it up and ran it on his car for me to verify it was plug and play. Even had it dyno tuned at 10lbs boost and 15lbs. It comes with both Maps! It is going to practically run right out of the box.

If you plan on boosting a SC400 this is a great chance to get into a plug and play stand alone at a great price. Not to mention you wont have to wait months to get a unit made up and shipped.
This is the closest thing to a run out of the box setup you will ever find. You will need to upgrade to larger injectors (it was tuned on 390cc) and add boost. It will include both a 10lb and a 15lb map.

When I bought this the cost for the ECU/wiring labor and test/tune was About $1400, then I bought the TT jumper harness for another $390, paid about $40 shipping to Australia so in total i spent almost $1900 dollars having this thing set up. It is literally brand new.

I will let it go for $980 add another $150 and get the full Video gauge system that allows you to put a wide selection of gauges on a screen, no more trying to figure out where the gauges mount

Attachment 437540
Attachment 437541

ScottURnot 03-03-10 09:20 PM

Bump for the only sc400 plug and play stand alone you will ever find.

GZZ-TT 03-03-10 10:43 PM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:I can't believe you're selling that cheap!
Anyone wanting to boost your SC400, THIS is the perfect opportunity!!

KC95SC400 03-04-10 06:35 PM

If I had the money and haven't had so much luck on the stock ECU with the MAFT I'd buy it.:p

I assume it can be re-tuned for different injectors?

KC

ScottURnot 03-04-10 06:46 PM

Yep, it will work with about any injectors and is fully tunable.

ScottURnot 03-06-10 10:02 AM

about to give up, is anyone boosting a 1uz and needs to tune it?

ScottURnot 03-13-10 09:33 AM

Best offer?

edinlexv8 03-13-10 04:23 PM

Scott, what mods needs to be done to a stock engine setup to accommodate for a 390CC injectors? Also could you also may be put a couple of lines about how this is a plug and play standalone ECU and what benefits you can expects over the stock ECU? Are there any possible power gains? Or will this only make a diff if I supercharge the engine, just like you did?

Away from this thread, you have a pretty good supercharged SC400 setup which is easily a wet dream for any SC owner and I dont understand why you are selling everything away? Are you moving to a twin turbo setup by any chance?

TLDriver 03-13-10 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by edinlexv8 (Post 5309808)
Scott, what mods needs to be done to a stock engine setup to accommodate for a 390CC injectors? Also could you also may be put a couple of lines about how this is a plug and play standalone ECU and what benefits you can expects over the stock ECU? Are there any possible power gains? Or will this only make a diff if I supercharge the engine, just like you did?

Away from this thread, you have a pretty good supercharged SC400 setup which is easily a wet dream for any SC owner and I dont understand why you are selling everything away? Are you moving to a twin turbo setup by any chance?

In general with any stand alone, the advantage is if you modify your car you wont be limited on settings. You can run the stock injectors to 1000cc or higher injectors if needed. The nice thing about this is you can use it like a A/F controller and get some power out of your stock engine. If you add an intake, or exhaust or whatever it happens to be... you will be able to add or remove fuel when needed, change timing and even raise or lower your rev limit. Just some benefits that I can think of.

ScottURnot 03-13-10 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by edinlexv8 (Post 5309808)

Originally Posted by TLDriver (Post 5309984)
In general with any stand alone, the advantage is if you modify your car you wont be limited on settings. You can run the stock injectors to 1000cc or higher injectors if needed. The nice thing about this is you can use it like a A/F controller and get some power out of your stock engine. If you add an intake, or exhaust or whatever it happens to be... you will be able to add or remove fuel when needed, change timing and even raise or lower your rev limit. Just some benefits that I can think of.

Very well said!

edinlexv8,
I am not selling everything away, This is extra stuff, My build is still moving forward, I couldnt stop.

edinlexv8 03-14-10 05:27 PM

Also Scott, Is it possible to swap the existing stock injectors with a 390cc ones? Or I have to upgrade the fuel rails and fuel pump etc to use this ECU? I am planning to supercharge my SC400 by the end of this year, so it would be quite a while before I can get the full use of this sort of ECU. I am definitely interested in this ECU but I am not sure whether I can use it on a stock engine with upgraded injectors.

ScottURnot 03-14-10 08:53 PM

You can get several Plug and play injectors. You could actually use this on stock injectors and then when you supercharge get some bigger injectors.

JDMmuscle 03-14-10 10:11 PM

Scott talking to the wife as we speak on this buddy.

ScottURnot 03-15-10 03:50 AM

Great, let me know. In the mean time here is everything this thing can do.

Features
Standard ECU features
"3D" Fuel and Ignition maps (as on any sophisticated aftermarket ECU)
Configurable ignition and injection outputs to suit different applications
Inputs for water temperature, air temperature, auxiliary temperature (eg turbo), manifold air pressure, throttle position, knock sensor, EGO (exhaust gas oxygen)
Outputs for four injector groups - allows full sequential injection up to 4-cylinders, or semi-sequential injection up to 8- cylinders.
Outputs for three igniter groups (four optional) - allows full sequential spark up to four cylinders and wasted spark systems up to 8-cylinders, or any conventional distributor systems.
Eight configurable auxiliary outputs - four of which are configurable as high current outputs, three of which are PWM capable.
PC interface
Field upgradeable firmware
Eight configurable auxiliary digital inputs
Datalogging via 'WARI' PC software
Special Features
Adaptive fuel control - with configurable tolerances and loop gains, and conditions under which adaptive behaviour takes place
Narrow-band (factory EGO sensor) closed loop fuel control
High current programmable outputs - allows direct drive of solenoid valves for boost control, air bypass etc
Special function programmable outputs - allows control of anti-pollution purge valves, air conditioners etc
Open-loop and closed-loop idle bypass control - allows configuration of increased idle bypass amount based on low battery, electrical load, air conditioner, as well as correction based on RPM
Programmable for different crank angle sensor waveforms
Open-loop and closed-loop boost control
Traction control and launch control
Many other features
Technical Specifications
Attribute e420c
Physical
Connectors 1 16-way OEM style plug for triggering and low current outputs
1 20-way OEM style plug for analogue and digital inputs
1 8-pin SIP connector for power and injector drives
1 6-pin SIP connector for high current auxiliary outputs
2 DE9 connectors for serial communications (one to connect to a PC/laptop, the other to connector to slave devices eg wideband oxygen sensor controller)
Physical Dimensions (mm) 174 x 92 x 50
Mass 0.4 kg
Looms available 0.5m long (for connection to existing loom)
2.0m long (for wiring directly to engine)
Various plug-in looms
Sensor Interfaces
Crank angle sensor type 3 programmable inputs, configurable as triggering ignition timing, injector drive, ignition timing during cranking, or cylinder 1 marker.
Reluctor and optical/Hall effect inputs, with configurable edge selection, internal pull-ups on optical/Hall effect inputs
Crank angle trigger waveforms Sync / trigger / multitooth / missing tooth (versatile programmability)
Nissan optical
Mitsubishi style with 2 sync pulses
Virtually all factory triggering systems
Manifold absolute pressure input 0 - 5V, 2-point linear calibration, range 0 to 400 kPa (requires external sensor, 5V supplied by ECU)
Air, water and aux temp inputs 4k7 pull-up (requires separate thermistor connected to ground), 32-point linearly interpolated calibration, range -30 to 125°C
EGO input 0 - 1V factory narrowband, or Bosch "wideband" - input impedance 10 MOhm.
Can connect 0-5V linearised sensor (eg PLX, M&W UEGO) to aux input
Can connect 0-3V Zietronix sensor to analogue input
Can connect M&W UEGO, TechEdge, Innovative to second serial port
Knock input High impedance input, bandpass filtered
Throttle position input 0-5V (5V supplied by ECU), 2-point calibration
Auxiliary digital inputs 8 inputs, each configurable as active-high or active-low, 12V tolerant inputs
Actuator Interfaces
Number of injector drivers 4
Injector driver waveforms Full sequential
Batch
Semi-sequential every period or semi-sequential every second period
Half/third/quarter speed full sequential
Fire all at once every cylinder 1 (as on Swift GTi, Alpine Renault)
Optional batch fire during cranking
Injector driver current Optional constant current or peak-hold drive, selectable steady-state current of 0.5A, 0.9A, 1.5A or 1.9A
Number ignition outputs 3 (4 optional)
Ignition output waveforms Selectable as firing on rising edge or falling edge
Ignition output type Open-collector with 560Ohm pull-up (allows direct connection to OEM transistor or separate igniter box)
Number of auxiliary outputs 8: 4 high-current, 4 low-current
High current outputs Max current 7A (or 3A inductive), 3 of these PWM capable, PWM frequency selectable (23Hz - 2kHz)
Low current outputs Max current 200mA - suitable to drive relay coils
Control Characteristics
Map points 512 cells per fuel/ignition map, dual maps which can be toggled with digital input.
Load determination and Tuning Modes Optional Volumetric Efficiency Tuning

TPS or MAP based
TPS using 2nd map as MAP backup
MAP using 2nd map as TPS backup
Both maps MAP or TPS, digital input to select
MAP and TPS map, digital input to select
MAP and TPS map, use MAP on closed throttle, otherwise TPS
Use max/min/average/sum (MAP, TPS)
Read TPS from map and multiply by value in MAP table

Injector pulse width resolution 0.7µs (0 - 44ms)
Ignition resolution 0.2° (0 - 51°)
Dwell time resolution 0.1ms (0.1ms - 5ms)
Dwell time reduction for high RPM with high dwell time
Accelerator pump TPS and/or MAP based (configurable proportionality) as well as asynchronous accelerator pump.
Works with TPS pot or switch - pot gives better performance
Fuel control strategies Open loop, closed loop, and two adaptive modes (requires EGO sensor) - can run open loop above a specific MAP if required, target AFR can be set across rev and load ranges.
Fuel correction Trim tables based on Coolant Temperature and Air Temperature, Dead-Time correction
Ignition control strategies Trim tables based on Coolant Temperature and Air Temperature
Idle control strategies Open loop values with a 32-entry temperature table
Target idle speeds with 32-entry temperature table
Idle effort correction for air temperature
Idle-up functionality based on A/C request, electrical loads, power steering
Main loop speed 200Hz approx

ScottURnot 03-15-10 03:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vidigauge

And the Video gauge

Features
The Vidigauge is Adaptronic's digital display unit, currently supported by the e420c ECU.
Configurable display
Infared remote control to configure
1-7 Gauge display
17 Variables including; RPM, TPS, MAP, Coolant temp, AFR, Trim, Idle control, and many more
Alternate backgrounds
Multiple languages
Large display for easy visability
Composite PAL video output and PAL S-Video (Y/C) Output
LCD Screen is NOT included!