FS Supercharged SC400 Engine, turn key complete.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-08, 10:38 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FS Supercharged SC400 Engine, turn key complete.

For sale is my Supercharged 97 SC400 engine
This is a complete plug and play drop in for your tired underpowered SC400 I may consider just selling the complete turnkey supercharger kit but let’s start here first. I will be keeping my accessories (ie alternator, ac comp, ps pump) otherwise this is a complete drop in motor. I am taking a loss on this but will let it go for $4200 OBO plus shipping. Shipping is $250-500 depending on where you live, that is a guess only. Motor is still in the car but will be pulled when I sell it or when my new motor is ready to go in.

This is a once in a lifetime chance to get a turnkey engine like this for your SC400 or GS400. Make no mistake there are a ton of hiddden cost to do this upgrade to your car. You get it all here, you could be running in a matter of days. i know you all have seen the videos of this beast run.

Sound/videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyw6E38tS5M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5eTeExgbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVOM5zIROFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RwDlMHpR8A

Complete 97 supercharged engine has 104000 miles
Supercharger and timing belt have about 4000 miles
Manifold & top plate (machined for Eaton M90-F)
Rear intake to suit M90 by Magnum Powers
pulley (6lb boost)
pulley (10lbs boost)
Vacuum By-pass
Belt Idler & spacer's
Mounting hardware
Drive belt to fit custom pulleys

Custom made idler pulleys w/hardware and spacers.
Custom made throttle bracket
Custom made aluminum air intake tube
Polished intake
Polished fuel rails
Polished rear intake tube
Colder Iridium plugs
Polished water cross
Custom powder coated supercharger case

New water pump
New timing belt and idler.
New ignition rotors and caps
High performance plug wires
New hydraulic fan pump delete bracket

This in NOT a regular M90! It is a Magnum powers unit that has a new retail of $1200 plus a $350 core. Here are some facts on the supercharger

The Magnaport 2 is an Eaton M90 that has been reworked by
Magnum Powers. The basically took an oval port M90 then milled of the back plate, add on the Magnaport 2 plate
and a belly plate (to help achieve a tighter rotor to case clearance on the
floor of the case) and then port the exit (it is larger and has also been
beveled).
Here are some pics of the port differences between the MP2 and an oval port

This is a high performance M90 not a stock one. Magnum Powers is the best
and only company that offers the ultimate M90's. When these blowers were new the retail price for them was $1200 plus a $350 core charge for your old blower. This blower outperforms all Thunderbird SC style M90's even the Magnuson S-Port (which is offered by many companies).

Here are some pictures.

NOTE: Several small items are not included like the oil cap, stainless lines, throttle body, and motor mounts ect. For another $100 I will throw in my clean BFI kit with a K&N filter

Last edited by ScottURnot; 08-17-08 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-09-08, 10:45 AM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

What's next??? Can't wait to see the new project, This definitely seems a really good buy for SC400 guys
Old 08-09-08, 03:21 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Salil022
What's next??? Can't wait to see the new project, This definitely seems a really good buy for SC400 guys
It is a good deal! Just bolt in and go. No multi week install, no fabrication, no spark plugs, gaskets, and crap to buy. New timing belt assembly with new water pump and all new ignition stuff. The fan pump deletion cost you but this is ready for electric fans now. Trust me, my investment is much larger than this!
This baby couldnt be more turn key. One weekend and drop it in and you are beating up mustangs!

As far as whats next watch for it soon. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 08-09-08, 04:12 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you are taking this opportunity Scott to get rid of that big fat and innefficient V8 and going something a little more J series....that way you can start keeping up with Tres and I. LOL! Gl with the sale man bump for good seller.
Old 08-09-08, 04:24 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow great deal!
Old 08-09-08, 04:25 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jzlex
I hope you are taking this opportunity Scott to get rid of that big fat and innefficient V8 and going something a little more J series....that way you can start keeping up with Tres and I. LOL! Gl with the sale man bump for good seller.
Booo, come meet my 1uz foo lol
Old 08-09-08, 05:16 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Ha ha ha! I promise my new engine will have substantially more power than this one! If you recall awhile back I had one of the "J-series powered SC's", so I know all about the power they can make. It was fast, but its a different kind of fast. Don't know if you ever noticed but I tend to not migrate with the masses. This project will be no exception, once again I will step outside the "CL cookie cutter mold" and it should be over the top.
Old 08-09-08, 05:26 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

Man, if I had the money I'd buy your motor, beef of the rods / pistons and do a twin charged setup with the roots AND the Vortech.

You ought to run the thing on the dyno once so you have some selling hp numbers.

GL with the sale man!

KC

P.S. Your insane!
Old 08-09-08, 05:58 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KC95SC400
Man, if I had the money I'd buy your motor, beef of the rods / pistons and do a twin charged setup with the roots AND the Vortech.

You ought to run the thing on the dyno once so you have some selling hp numbers.

GL with the sale man!

KC

P.S. Your insane!
I have a second bone stock 1uz low mile motor setting in the shop i will sell you if you like. $600 and it includes all the accessories. Complete top to bottom harness and all. It has about 78,000 miles
Old 08-09-08, 06:19 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Good luck with the sale, Scott! You should have mentioned that your motor is also a drop-in for the SC300 with minor modifications such as the engine mounts. And anyone who buys it will win an award at a show for sure. You may also post this sale on www.lextreme.com and other Lexus forums.

I'm the next one that will stand up for the 1UZ. I don't need to know how much power you have at the wheel, I'll have a run against you from 0-60 at my current 9 psi, or maybe a 1/4 mile when my 1UZ is boosted at 12-15 psi. I'll get you some number for 1/4 mile run in a few months. Anyway, I won't say anything more about this comparison in this thread. I hope you got my idea.

Last edited by stevechumo; 08-09-08 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-09-08, 08:44 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh..my....

so tempted.
Old 08-09-08, 09:58 PM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevechumo
I'm the next one that will stand up for the 1UZ. I don't need to know how much power you have at the wheel, I'll have a run against you from 0-60 at my current 9 psi, or maybe a 1/4 mile when my 1UZ is boosted at 12-15 psi. I'll get you some number for 1/4 mile run in a few months. Anyway, I won't say anything more about this comparison in this thread. I hope you got my idea.

LOL!! Eassyyy therrreee hot rod..I love getting you V8 boys riled up. So defensive and quick to re-assure yourself that your setup is superior. Scott knows I was poking at him and it was a joke. I am willing to bet that Scott is going another V8, bet a Tundra motor or something....with 2x the boost, and it's going to be some kind of wicked project. I am anxious to see it as well as everyone else. So lets not rage things out of proportion here and scatter this thread with a bunch of nonsense. AGAIN, gl with the sale Scott, I will be keeping an eye on that performance thread to see the new monster creation. We'll have to plan some kind of gettogether when yours is done with the OK and KS boys.

Jon
Old 08-11-08, 12:13 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Ha ha ha! I promise my new engine will have substantially more power than this one! If you recall awhile back I had one of the "J-series powered SC's", so I know all about the power they can make. It was fast, but its a different kind of fast. Don't know if you ever noticed but I tend to not migrate with the masses. This project will be no exception, once again I will step outside the "CL cookie cutter mold" and it should be over the top.
Dropping a Hemi in a SC400 is cheating, we talked about that.

Good luck on sale, I'm going to the bank tomorrow and will give you a call.

This is also my vouch for the sale. Stand up guy, he knows his stuff and I've dealt with him before and would have 0 fear doing it again.

DasThumb
Old 08-11-08, 05:26 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

I have had several people asking about buying just the kit, I may seperate it but part of the beauty of this is its a drop in and run deal. If you dont want the engine then we can talk but i just re priced this cheap.

Last edited by ScottURnot; 08-14-08 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-14-08, 04:12 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Major price drop! $4000 complete!

Quick Reply: FS Supercharged SC400 Engine, turn key complete.