SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LED Conversion Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-13, 05:25 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by A1Lexis
No state inspections or emissIons check in Florida. Buy a beater, drive it off the lot and away you go.

I installed my LED DRL's knowing I would lose my high beams. I very seldom drive the car at night so that was a risk I was willing to take.........like running my spacers.
Did not know that FL does not require it....what?

Got that right, we ride our rides with all its best attributes and so-so stuff. End of the day, happy to drive them.
Old 01-27-13, 06:11 PM
fj40ih8mud
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a list somewhere of all the led bulbs one would need to do a total conversion? I tried the vendor listed in this posting, and could not find a good listing.

thanks,
Old 01-27-13, 08:26 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can see all the bulbs in the owner manual. Note though that the dc9 LED formthe dome lights wont work unless you switch the wires - a LED plate with adaptors will work formthe domes.
Old 01-28-13, 09:49 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by fj40ih8mud
Is there a list somewhere of all the led bulbs one would need to do a total conversion? I tried the vendor listed in this posting, and could not find a good listing.

thanks,
Try sending a PM to iJDMtoys. Thura will answer quickly.
Old 03-02-13, 08:39 AM
mandyfig

Just installed my step lights and trunk lights, all 168 LED's. Looking good. What a whole lot difference.
Old 04-13-13, 11:33 AM
mandyfig

Another shot at the Park lights and DRL LED's

Old 04-13-13, 11:44 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
You can see all the bulbs in the owner manual. Note though that the dc9 LED formthe dome lights wont work unless you switch the wires - a LED plate with adaptors will work formthe domes.
What do you mean, switch the wires? I ordered through iJDMtoy a week ago and they are sending me the BA9 bulb for the dome. The guaranteed me that it would work after i sent them photos b'c I informed them it was not DE3175 as they had in their manuals.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 07-04-13 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-13-13, 02:35 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
What do you mean, switch the wires? I ordered through iJDMtoy a week ago and they are sending me the DC9 bulb for the dome. The guaranteed me that it would work after i sent them photos b'c I informed them it was not DE3175 as they had in their manuals.
Hi. I have a 2004 so it might not be the same as yours (i didn't read to look for the year of your sc). The bulb fits but doesn't turn on - the pole are reversed compared to the socket. See the cooment for the 168's ... Says to simply plug it in the other way ... Can't do that for the dc9's. I took off the dome light mounting base and the wires are soldered - easy enough to switch them but I didn't do it yet. Would be a lot cheaper than the flat panel you can get with adaptors.

Good luck - note I tried three different dc9's.
Old 04-14-13, 04:24 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SlvBullet
Hi. I have a 2004 so it might not be the same as yours (i didn't read to look for the year of your sc). The bulb fits but doesn't turn on - the pole are reversed compared to the socket. See the cooment for the 168's ... Says to simply plug it in the other way ... Can't do that for the dc9's. I took off the dome light mounting base and the wires are soldered - easy enough to switch them but I didn't do it yet. Would be a lot cheaper than the flat panel you can get with adaptors.

Good luck - note I tried three different dc9's.
Well I was going to get the flat panel, but iJDM told me this DC9 would work. Guess they just wanted to make the sale. When you do get around to taking off the lighting base for the swap, if you could take a few photos and some instructions, please? I feel like I'm going to have to undertake the same adventure. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 04-14-13, 05:36 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

The lights look sharp Mandy.
Old 04-14-13, 08:16 PM
OBP
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Well I was going to get the flat panel, but iJDM told me this DC9 would work. Guess they just wanted to make the sale. When you do get around to taking off the lighting base for the swap, if you could take a few photos and some instructions, please? I feel like I'm going to have to undertake the same adventure. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
The flat panel worked for me in my dome - and it would only light up after I reversed the polarity by connecting red wire to black wire and black wire to red wire. The flat panel I bought from eBay had the base separated from the actual panel and i had to plug the panel wires into the base wires. That is how you can "swap the wires" - plug them in the opposite way from the wire color codes. The much brighter light is well worth the effort. You should try it.
Old 04-14-13, 08:59 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OBP
The flat panel worked for me in my dome - and it would only light up after I reversed the polarity by connecting red wire to black wire and black wire to red wire. The flat panel I bought from eBay had the base separated from the actual panel and i had to plug the panel wires into the base wires. That is how you can "swap the wires" - plug them in the opposite way from the wire color codes. The much brighter light is well worth the effort. You should try it.
Could you please link the proper panel lights on the iJDMtoy website, please? I noticed they have different number of LED's and sizes for the panel types. Wanna make sure I get the right ones this time, esp now that I will have to return these DC9's for store credit.
Old 04-15-13, 05:53 AM
mandyfig

Originally Posted by Harold57
The lights look sharp Mandy.
Thanks a lot. If I can only have the guts to bring down the bumper so I can put in my LED fogs...
Old 04-15-13, 10:35 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 409 Likes on 359 Posts

From what I can tell Mandy, you are certainly up to the task!
Old 04-15-13, 01:19 PM
mandyfig

Well just like last Sunday, pollen count was so high and it was cruddy weather in ATL, I was looking at my engine bay and there's nothing to clean, so the bulb lit up...use the plugs that have been collecting dust and the rest was history.

I will tackle the Fogs soon. The LED fogs are collecting dust as well.

Quick Reply: LED Conversion Project