SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SCs are expensive cars!!

Old 10-23-03, 10:48 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what I've been noticing? There is a decrease in SC300s in Southern CA. I notice a LOT of SC400s but not enough 300s. Who's been stealing them in the other states?
Old 10-23-03, 10:57 AM
LaDyLuCk13
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Do me a favor man, keep those brash little comments you LOVE to make off my threads. I notice that you always come on and try make light of someone or undermine their comments, and I dont need that.

I was simply making a GENERAL post about SC's since I have been kinda looking for one. And about that blind question, you must be one sided and uninformed (not to mention a fan on Trolling decent members threads) because here is a link to some SC prices in my area

Autotrader NE result- UPDATED

Now do me a favor EINSTEIN, please tell me you dont see the 96 second from the top asking 18K plus. THAT was what I was referring to. I'm quite sure it is different in various geographies but if you LOOK (rather than just blurt) you will see that I was making a GENERAL reference and not an exact science. Also, the title of my post is not, PLEASE REFUTE EVERYTHING I SAY AND THEN POST TRIVIAL INFO ABOUT OTHER VEHICLES!!

Thanks alot man, and when you learn how to present things in a non-offensive and condescending manner, I have EVERY intention of returning to my normal politically correct, polite self.

Have a excellent day!
i found my 94 lexus sc300 5spd on auto trader for 8k....
Old 10-23-03, 11:00 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lady Luck, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of SC's laying around in Cali as we just mentioned before...Just not enough to go around in the Northeast region...
Old 10-23-03, 11:00 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by TI II
In NYC around late 94-96 The 1st Gen GS was the car of choice by ppl making a "come up". The rapper nas first ride was a GS300 then a Red SC. JayZ had that Pearl white GS, B.I.G /JM has the Red LS400 and the Legend LS sdn. B.I.G also had a red SC. (dont know how he fit LOL)
1st gen Lexus and 2nd gen Legends (the only true acura that could hold it's own w/ the lexus as far as luxury) are great autos. They last forever.

Wow man your memory is impeccable, your post made me remember the white SC4 Nas drove in the "World is Yours remix" video. I remember the red LS and the red SC ( i think it had red tint) that BIG had.

JayZ and the white GS with factory is legendary. Sauce Money(used to rap with JayZ, wrote Puffy's "I'll be Missing You"), had a black first gen with 17" Enkei's in chrome back around 97 or so. I used to think he was THE MAN with that car!! LOL

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 10-23-03 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-23-03, 11:19 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

dont forget pete rock&cl smooth.."straighten it out"..pr had a navy blue sc 400 and cl had a navy ls 400 in the end of that video! in 1992..
- keith murray in i think it was "the most beautifulest thing" video- standing on top of a 93 black sc
ol'skool
Old 10-23-03, 11:26 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

The SC and the GS is still BLING BLING....
Old 10-23-03, 11:51 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
keith murray in i think it was "the most beautifulest thing" video- standing on top of a 93 black sc
ol'skool
I was in HS when this video came out, I was a sophmore and i used to LOVE the SC soooo much back then. I remember saying these dumb ole ignant rappers LOOK AT WHAT HE IS DOING TO THAT HOOD!!! I swear that video came on last week (10 yrs later) and all i could think was GOD MAN GET OFF THE CAR!!!

Can you all just imagine WALKING and DANCING on your hood and roof? i rather cut my hair with a weedwacker man

Oh yeah I used to watch that Pete Rock/CL Smooth video all the time to see those cars pull off.

I'ma kill everyone though. In the Method Man/D'Angelo video "Break Ups to Make Ups", when the girl and her boy friend are driving in the car and fighting, if you look at the door panels ITS AN SC!!

Who 'da man??
Old 10-23-03, 11:54 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by LaDyLuCk13
i found my 94 lexus sc300 5spd on auto trader for 8k....
Lady, I was referring to 95+ models due to the updates they carried (bumpers, standard equipment, tailights, etc) and also condition mileage.

Thanks for the post though, I see you dont spread them around carelessly
Old 10-23-03, 01:19 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, SC's in the US are cheap.
A good 95 SC400 will run you between 30 and 40k over here.

Last edited by Richie; 10-23-03 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-23-03, 04:02 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Buttercup
If you think the sc is still expensive wait until you try to buy a repair manual.
No doubt!
Old 10-23-03, 05:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by siniquezu
You know what I've been noticing? There is a decrease in SC300s in Southern CA. I notice a LOT of SC400s but not enough 300s. Who's been stealing them in the other states?
Thats all the BOOST JUNKIES snapping them up and adding turbo's to them LOL
Old 10-23-03, 07:14 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

When I wanted a 1st gen GS a couple of years ago here in NE Ohio (I really wanted a nice silver one), all I could find were tons of ES and LS sedans, no older GS or SC in sight. I do see more SC300/400s on the road than 1st gen GS's, although somebody in my neighborhood just picked up a clean looking 93-95 GS.
From what I've seen on eBay and AutoTrader, the place to go for bargains on used luxury vehicles is Houston. I remember CL member LexPro (who is the manager of the pre-owned dept at one of the Lexus dealers in TX) explaining why this was, but I forgot the explanation (it wasn't my "former Enron employees dumping the luxo cars they can no longer afford" hypothesis )
Back on topic of the SC, I'd love to see where I could pick up a '00 SC for under $20K. The 98 and ups I see, especially the V8's, are usually $25-30K. For me (I'm not a turbo junkie), I'd rather have the V8, anyhow.
Old 10-23-03, 07:43 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by siniquezu
Guilty. But while I was there, I also noticed a lot of SC400's.

I was amazed when I looked up the NADA guide values for these cars. It took me about two years to find the car I wanted - excellent condition, well maintained (almost 100 pages in maintenance records, all done at the lexus dealer), and good mileage. In any case, I'm happy with my purchase and think it was worth every penny.

-Brian.
Old 10-23-03, 08:38 PM
strongsail
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a total Lexus junkie, I watch the classifieds constantly here in Seattle, and recently there was a '91 LS400, one owner, always garaged, dealer serviced, $14.5K, absolute top dollar for a 12-year-old LS.

The ad only ran one weekend.

And then there's the '92 SC400, "gorgeous, lo miles, $8600," that's been in the paper for 3 months.

That's gotta tell you that condition really matters - - the person who bought the LS got a great value - -

It's all relative. I paid top dollar for my '93 SC4 2 years ago, it was a smart decision - -
Old 10-23-03, 10:16 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

D, i notice you spend more time in the SC forum that anyone that doesn't currently own an SC. Through my magical mind reading powers, i suspect you are in denial and predict you will actively seek the red SC in trade for your Gs

-Dr. One

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SCs are expensive cars!!