SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Corn Carbon 5 Speed Manual Shift Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-19, 10:12 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Corn Carbon 5 Speed Manual Shift Bezel

Has anyone bought one? If so, could you post a pic? i know its a little on the pricier end, but always admired his work and want to change up the interior a little bit since driver interface is super important imo

thanks in advance
link:
https://corncarbon.cc/
Old 05-10-19, 11:19 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

^^ Wow! Even if it's pricey there is now an alternative to the discontinued factory 5-speed bezel. Great find, Jadu!!
Old 05-11-19, 09:29 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I haven't used his products personally, but he shares a lot of his work for the SC and supra in the facebook groups. Seems like everyone has been happy with his products.
Old 05-11-19, 09:32 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

How I wish their 5 speed had the heated seats option!
Old 05-11-19, 09:43 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
want to change up the interior a little bit since driver interface is super important imo
In 2019, I’m not sure that kind of scratch will be spent on an SC interior item. Real die hard enthusiasts would consider it, but 97% of the buyers market of high end items for these cars have long since moved on to newer generations of Lexus. Basically the money left a while ago. Therefore it may be hard to find what you’re looking for.

Responding however because a word on complacency and expense..... when you become bored of something and want a change, any change satisfies the need to change. So before you spend a brick, spend a little on something cheap and see what it does for your drive to change. By evaluating my current feelings when modding my car I’ve saved thousands deciding any change is a good one and skipped the full body kit for a lip spoiler and was just as content thereafter.
The following users liked this post:
RudysSC (05-13-19)
Old 05-11-19, 11:41 PM
KahnBB6

Well for what its worth the value I see in this comes down to manual swaps and the scarcity of the OEM 92-97 manual shift bezels. On that basis alone, yes it's pricey and it may be that not many will sell too often but so long as he's producing them it's a replacement for the original part that we previously didn't have. That it's carbon fiber does nothing for me compared to its value as a new replacement part.

O.L.T. you're not wrong at all but every so often we do see a new part or two come out for the SC and at least there is some small interest. I'm just glad that news of it arrived here to inform those who might feel it's worth the expense.

Better for this bezel to exist for as long as it does as an option than not.
Old 05-12-19, 12:05 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I think the SC has one more push left. This may be the start of the next wave. We will have to see. I just think we have enough 2jz going around to support one more run on the SC like they experienced in 2009 when there was a nudge for aftermarket items after a long drought. We can hope......
joe diego (05-22-19)
Old 05-12-19, 04:41 PM
KahnBB6

^^ Your hypothesis would be a very welcome turnaround from current trends. Let's see.
Old 05-13-19, 11:24 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ Wow! Even if it's pricey there is now an alternative to the discontinued factory 5-speed bezel. Great find, Jadu!!
same

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I haven't used his products personally, but he shares a lot of his work for the SC and supra in the facebook groups. Seems like everyone has been happy with his products.
that's great to hear! I've seen some of the supra stuff as well, but i havent come across pics of the manual shifter and i can never find any previous posts on social media

Originally Posted by OG Dada
How I wish their 5 speed had the heated seats option!
ikr.. the auto one doesnt even have the PWR ECT button lol

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
In 2019, I’m not sure that kind of scratch will be spent on an SC interior item. Real die hard enthusiasts would consider it, but 97% of the buyers market of high end items for these cars have long since moved on to newer generations of Lexus. Basically the money left a while ago. Therefore it may be hard to find what you’re looking for.

Responding however because a word on complacency and expense..... when you become bored of something and want a change, any change satisfies the need to change. So before you spend a brick, spend a little on something cheap and see what it does for your drive to change. By evaluating my current feelings when modding my car I’ve saved thousands deciding any change is a good one and skipped the full body kit for a lip spoiler and was just as content thereafter.
I just thought I'd ask. The social media search function is horrendous. I can never find a previous post and hashtags dont help. It is unfortunate, but yes, a lot of members have moved on to other cars and also other platforms eg FB, IG, youtube channels etc. It's also really interesting to see the two extreme build types, unmodded vs completely completely gutted track car, with both cases not requiring this part.

i also do know what you mean about saving, wants vs needs, modding vs repairs/preventative maintenance, breaking the bank vs paying off debt or saving for a rainy day esp with all this gloom and doom talk about the stocks and the stock market. with my growing family, i've been on a college budget with the sc for years and have been guilty myself of neglecting the sc. I am glad that the meticulous repairs/maintenance i did years ago are still holding up. Mods have remained about the same for 9+ years minus the wear and tear items.

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I think the SC has one more push left. This may be the start of the next wave. We will have to see. I just think we have enough 2jz going around to support one more run on the SC like they experienced in 2009 when there was a nudge for aftermarket items after a long drought. We can hope......
Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ Your hypothesis would be a very welcome turnaround from current trends. Let's see.
I foresee this as well. It's taking a while, but the JDM soarers are still trickling in and the guys that had this car in the HS/college, are slowly getting to that point again where they can take on a project SC
Old 05-20-19, 11:18 AM
Cozmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the CornCarbon shift bezel. Fit and finish are perfect IMO.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cozmo:
jadu (05-20-19), joe diego (05-22-19), KahnBB6 (05-21-19)
Old 05-20-19, 07:19 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Daz purdy..........
Old 05-21-19, 01:05 AM
KahnBB6

Very Nice!!!
Old 05-22-19, 06:40 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cozmo
I have the CornCarbon shift bezel. Fit and finish are perfect IMO.

😲 Buying one rn
Old 05-24-19, 09:23 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Mines just came in. It’s legit
Cozmo (06-11-19)
Old 05-24-19, 09:29 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

One more. Excuse the mess (and age, 280k miles).

Quick Reply: Corn Carbon 5 Speed Manual Shift Bezel