ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   SC Commercial (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/903550-sc-commercial.html)

DrAtomica 11-02-18 02:57 PM

SC Commercial

Anyone have that video of the SC commercial when it's at a stop light while it's raining?

Kira X 11-02-18 03:47 PM

I loved that commercial. I used to have a link to it saved somewhere.

Duck05 11-04-18 12:16 PM

Not sure about that one but the one where they had jet fighter sound effects was cool; they stopped running it though as I am sure due to complaints..... (that it promoted driving fast....).

ThomasGS4 11-04-18 06:59 PM

It's near the beginning of this video.

Duck05 11-04-18 07:12 PM

Not the one I remember.... I could not find it.....

KahnBB6 11-06-18 03:02 AM

I may have it but I'll have to look in my mess of saved SC videos. I've seen that one too. If it isn't online now it was not very long ago.

DrAtomica 11-06-18 08:17 PM

It seems like that commercial has been deleted. It was one of my favorite ones, it perfectly describes the SC to me. I really hope one of you has a link or have it saved.

Kira X 11-07-18 10:07 AM

I was pretty sure I’ve seen it on YouTube before. I can’t find it now.

LEXXIUM 11-07-18 01:56 PM

That’s not a commercial, that’s a freaking documentary film lol.
A best one I’ve seen about any vehicle

Kira X 11-07-18 05:20 PM

I love that documentary. I saw it ten years ago and wanted an SC so bad back then.

LEXXIUM 11-07-18 09:43 PM

I had to watch it again, and started thinking where are those guys like Lui in the video, chief engineer and execs who made this what a call a sexy car and in the beginning I hear him say owning the road!!
I tried looking them up on fb and other sites to thank them for their dedication and amazing 3D design of this machine and send some pics of my ride �� no really I’m serious

KahnBB6 11-08-18 01:36 AM

^^ If you happen to get through to them then let us know if they respond! Also don't forget the 1st gen Lexus SC / Soarer Z30's chief engineer Nobuaki Katayama.

Regarding the video we've been talking about, if that section of advertising is in part of the original Lexus SC documentary that Toyota made back in the day I should have that. I also should have some video on the Soarer Z30 assembly line which was also from an official Toyota doc or possibly from one of the Japanese car video magazines of the time.

DrAtomica, as before I have to offer you my apology in advance. I am going to have to do some hard drive archeology for a couple of those videos. I did save them but they are still in a massive cluster of random video files that I still haven't sorted into proper folders. I did look through my archived SC folders last night but I did not find everything there so I must not have sorted them through yet.

That Lexus doc on the making of the SC however... last night I did verify I have that one in the right place. Could that be the one you're looking for?

DrAtomica 11-08-18 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by KahnBB6 (Post 10353955)
^^ If you happen to get through to them then let us know if they respond! Also don't forget the 1st gen Lexus SC / Soarer Z30's chief engineer Nobuaki Katayama.

Regarding the video we've been talking about, if that section of advertising is in part of the original Lexus SC documentary that Toyota made back in the day I should have that. I also should have some video on the Soarer Z30 assembly line which was also from an official Toyota doc or possibly from one of the Japanese car video magazines of the time.

DrAtomica, as before I have to offer you my apology in advance. I am going to have to do some hard drive archeology for a couple of those videos. I did save them but they are still in a massive cluster of random video files that I still haven't sorted into proper folders. I did look through my archived SC folders last night but I did not find everything there so I must not have sorted them through yet.

That Lexus doc on the making of the SC however... last night I did verify I have that one in the right place. Could that be the one you're looking for?

I don't think I ever saw that documentary, perhaps the clip is in that documentary. It's not part of best motoring right? If you do have I'd appreciate a lot if you can upload it or send it to me. Thanks

KahnBB6 11-17-18 02:04 AM

DrAtomica,

Still have to find where those SC commercial videos are located on my hard drive but in the last few days I came across some SC and Soarer related videos while scouring on youtube. Perhaps there is even one here that is new to you?

An English subtitled translation of a particularly fun review and comparison of the '91 Soarer 2.5GT 5-speed M/T w/Torsen LSD and the '91 Soarer UZZ32 Active. Not the much longer one from Best Motoring but a different short segment from another one of their episodes:

CELSI0R 01-06-21 10:49 AM

Replying to this old thread because I have been in search of the stop light commercial ever since it went down, around the time of this thread.

It has finally been re-uploaded by someone. Going to save it this time around :D

The uploader has a few more, as well: