Old 06-21-18, 04:19 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Default SC400 odometer milestone

Kool numbers!

by Barbary, on Flickr

by Barbary, on Flickr

The Purple Bullet has been in the family for at least 20 yrs. Its my daily driver. Its running as good as It ever has. Its had a shaking problem for a while and no one has been able to correct it until after taking it to many wheel balances and shops someone said one of my Enkies was bent. I took it into a shop that does that and it came back as bad as ever. I asked if they balanced it and they said yes. I took it back to a tire shop and balanced it and they said it wasn't balanced but now it is.
So I had got the wheel fixed and the rebalanced and it rides as smooth as if it was on rails, Beautiful. I live in San Francisco and next week I'm off to Crater Lake Oregon, I'm a photographer nut and this fall I'm going to Monument Valley Arizona in the Bullet.

I can't sell it, it runs too good. I've replaced everything on it by now except the drive train. Here in California you can't touch that anyway.
Thats my story. Man, they really built these early ones

Thanks for viewing________Barbary

Last edited by Barbary; 06-26-18 at 03:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (07-26-18)
Old 06-21-18, 03:46 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

The car is beautiful, Barbary! And what a history!

Unfortunately the first few pictures (which I assume show your odometer reading) are not loading. Could you check your links to them? Would love to see the rest!
Barbary (06-21-18)
Old 06-21-18, 05:01 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Thanks for the Heads Up Kahn, "Moderator" I put privacy on "friends and family" pls let me know if the pics are visible.
They are odometer shots!
Barbary ��
Old 06-21-18, 07:24 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Not visible. Just attach them to your post. (His mileage is 275k)
The following 2 users liked this post by O. L. T.:
Barbary (06-21-18), KahnBB6 (06-22-18)
Old 06-21-18, 09:33 PM
Barbary
Instructor

I removed the url's and just posted the images so that should do it
It took a little work to get the 275,000, exactly
KahnBB6 (06-22-18)
Old 06-22-18, 03:01 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Thanks O.L.T.!

Barbary, 275k on the nose is a sweet number!
Old 06-27-18, 09:58 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Barbary, cancer hasn't killed me yet ,but the dang med bills might! LOL. They're slowing down the resto of ole blue. Bullet looking absolutely pristine. You hardly have it broke in. You have another 300k to run it. Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-28-18, 11:09 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Barbary, thank you for sharing. What an awesome testament to how well these cars were built and how well they can last when properly cared for. Keep on cruisin!
Old 06-30-18, 02:24 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Your car looks great! That mileage is impressive.

I just hit 130,000 miles and I hope to get mine looking as good as yours.
Old 07-02-18, 07:23 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Hi Barbary, cancer hasn't killed me yet ,but the dang med bills might! LOL. They're slowing down the resto of ole blue. Bullet looking absolutely pristine. You hardly have it broke in. You have another 300k to run it. Enjoy your trip!
Ramblerman;
Good to hear from you, I was hoping I would. Real sorry about your illness. Your in my thoughts and prayers, as always have been
just think about us driving down "the Pacific Coast Highway" in our SC's w one of our Beautiful sunsets out on the Pacific Ocean.

The fresh air in our face, the wind blowing by our ear, the surf crashing on the beaches and cliffs
Just hurry and get well and we'll do that!

All the Best_______Barbary
Old 07-02-18, 09:37 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Thanks Barbary! I'm one of their gold star survivors, and doing well enough for gallbladder surgery to boot. at the oncology center. The plan is still on. We will run the P.C.H. in our SC's. I just have some ongoing treatments long term to get me there. Insurance sucks, health care is expensive, but at least I don't have the aluminum plan. �� I have a pile of new parts to be installed in ole blue and collecting more when I can. Be nice to live where it doesn't snow as blue has some issues to be corrected from a life in Pa. and of course the yellow post incident. �� I'm going to put cruiser alloy 908mb rims with nitto nt450 tires on it. Just going to do clazzio seat covers for the time being. Engine is all done along with drive train. Nothing fancy, just all new parts and service. The pile of parts is suspension. PM me some time with instructions how to post pics on this site and I'll show her to you all. I'm no computer savant! Not on fb either. Just like me, blue shows her country roots, but we can survive in the urban jungle. Had her out this weekend�� The neighborhood is not happy. Good to see you post and soon I'll be catching up to the bullet on mileage. At 240k now.
Old 07-03-18, 04:07 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Ramblerman;
Just get well, then all the other stuff can happen
On the photos, if your not a "savant" its going to be complicated. Here at CL they want you to use their "Manage Attachments" method, its here in reply, and I tried to use it just now and I couldn't get it to work.

Most all who share photos on line go thru a photo sharing outfit like flickr or smugmug, like me.
You take the pic in the camera and then send it to your computer and use your computers photo editing app to enhance the photo a little. When your done you upload the photo to the photo sharing outfit where any one in the world you want can see it

If you want the photo here in CL you have to download it here into the post after that
However lot of people just do all that w their phone and "Instagram". They do the whole thing in about a min or 2. I'm not sure how they get in here at CL but I'm pretty sure its not hard. You might want to go that way.
Just in case you get real bored some day here's the link to my flickr, almost 3,000 photos,https://www.flickr.com/photos/purple-bullet/

I took this last Saturday

the Magical Crater Lake, Oregon 4th 0f July. (its a Volcano!)
by purple-bullet / Barbary, on Flickr
Good luck Get Well!
Old 07-03-18, 04:40 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Barbary, thank you for sharing. What an awesome testament to how well these cars were built and how well they can last when properly cared for. Keep on cruisin!
To prove how right you are, I just put 1,000 miles on it this weekend, going to Crater Lake Oregon without a hiccup. 25 yr old car!
didn't burn any oil, never does. all fluids were at the same levels as when I left. Never seen any fluid leak under the car. Probably not being able to touch the drive train, leaving it stock as it was built is probably, it turns out, a Good thing.
Good luck with yours!
Barbary
RudysSC (07-05-18)
Old 07-03-18, 04:45 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Kira X;
thanks for the comps
You've been around long enough. I'm not worried at all. Good luck; '"Sailor Moon"!
Old 07-05-18, 09:35 AM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Thanks Barbary. With the info and a nearby millennial maybe I can get some pics posted. LOL. Thanks for the link, as I have tried to check your photos out before but was unsuccessful. Funny thing is I use computers all the time for work and pleasure and updated from my Rugby to a android smart phone just so I could take and post pics. Still couldn't get it to work on this site. Northern California appears to be good for both you and the Bullet! As for me I'll put this in the words of my doctors. In spite of everything I'm doing amazingly well! So is Ole Blue. Keep on traveling and posting as I look forward to seeing your adventures.