Info on imported sc400 engine's with 50,000 miles - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
Info on imported sc400 engine's with 50,000 miles >

Info on imported sc400 engine's with 50,000 miles

Notices
SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Info on imported sc400 engine's with 50,000 miles

Old 12-30-17, 01:26 PM
VegasBuilt
Driver School Candidate

Default Info on imported sc400 engine's with 50,000 miles

So my sc400 has a blown gasket and I'm thinking it'll be cheaper if I just swap my blown engine for ones of those imported engines from Japan with less then 50,000 miles on it. Has any one ever installed one of these imported engines and worked perfectly fine and ran without any problems?? If so do I just install the new imported engine and put all the new fluids in and I'll be good???? !!!Someone help please!!!
Old 12-30-17, 04:08 PM
gerrb

If you can do a leak down and compression test on the engine and it's healthy then you have a good chance of having less problems otherwise JDM engines are a hit and miss thing.
Old 12-30-17, 06:37 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic

might be easier if it doesnt have issues as gerrb said. fluids, tbelt, seals and waterpump at least.
or just replace the head if necessary and the headgasket if its just one side. good chance the block is fine.
just make sure to get a fully loaded head with cams and caps etc.. dont mix and match.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Info on imported sc400 engine's with 50,000 miles

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: